|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Melinda done this April in "Fourth Marking Period"?
(a) Gone to her grandmother's for Spring break.
(b) Passed many of her tests.
(c) Attended an after-school art program.
(d) Applied to a private school.
2. What does Heather discuss with Melinda in "Third Marking Period"?
(a) Heather's parents are divorcing.
(b) The fact that Heather is disenchanted with the Marthas.
(c) Their friendship.
(d) The wonderful posters Melinda created.
3. How do the girls of the International Club feel about Andy?
(a) They think he is bad news.
(b) They adore him.
(c) They hate him
(d) They are uncomfortable around him.
4. Who does Melinda worry about concerning Andy?
5. What has Melinda started in art class at the end of "Second Marking Period"?
(a) A sculpture.
(b) A new linoleum block.
(c) A silhouette.
(d) A pottery piece.
6. What does Melinda say in a note to Rachel in "Fourth Marking Period"?
(a) Melinda asks Rachel for the money Rachel owes her.
(b) Melinda warns Rachel about Andy.
(c) Melinda asks Rachel to be friends again.
(d) Melinda offers to help Rachel with her art project.
7. What happened to Melinda at the party when she called the police?
(a) Someone slapped her.
(c) Someone pushed her into a closet and locked the door.
(d) A girl screamed at Melinda.
8. Who helps Melinda devise a plan for her extra credit social studies project?
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
9. What causes Melinda to faint in biology class?
(a) Seeing another student vomit.
(b) Not having any breakfast.
(c) Someone saying something nasty behind her back.
(d) Seeing a dead frog.
10. What does Mr. Freeman bring Melinda after he comments on her work in "Fourth Marking Period"?
(a) A box of kleenex.
(b) A book on Cubism.
(c) A new set of paints.
(d) A lump of clay.
11. Who does Melinda see in the mall on the last day of Spring break?
12. What does Melinda almost do after opening her Christmas presents?
(a) Scream at her parents.
(b) Tell her parents how happy she is.
(c) Tell her parents about what happened to her at the party.
(d) Leave home.
13. What book is being studied in English in "Third Marking Period"?
(a) The House of Seven Gables.
(b) Their Eyes Were Watching God.
(c) A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court.
(d) The Scarlett Letter.
14. Why does the principal call Melinda's parents?
(a) To tell them that Melinda could join the basketball team if she did better in school.
(b) To set up a meeting.
(c) To get permission for Melinda to go on a field trip with the art class.
(d) To get permission for Melinda to go on a field trip with the English class.
15. What does Melinda do at her father's office?
(a) Stuff envelopes.
(b) Answer the phone.
(d) Greet clients.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Freeman say about Melinda's work in "Fourth Marking Period"?
2. What does Melinda call "crap"?
3. What keeps Melinda from stopping at a specific store in "Third Marking Period"?
4. What does Melinda remember about the summer party?
5. What is Heather doing at the mall in "Second Marking Period"?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)