|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Melinda's mother tell her in a note in "Second Marking Period"?
(a) That she and her father will be gone for three nights.
(b) To put up the Christmas tree.
(c) To call Melinda's aunt.
(d) To go to her grandmother's for the night.
2. What does Melinda decide on her continued walk to school in "Third Marking Period"?
(a) To join the basketball team.
(b) To skip school altogether.
(c) To start talking to other students.
(d) To start harrassing IT.
3. What does Mr. Freeman think a good artist must have?
(a) Technical skills.
4. What does Mr. Freeman's painting express?
(a) His love of teaching.
(b) His love of technology.
(c) His love of nature.
(d) His unhappiness with the school board.
5. What is something Melinda receives from her parents for Christmas?
(a) A new bike.
(b) Drawing materials.
(c) An old beat-up car.
(d) A guitar.
6. Who helps Melinda devise a plan for her extra credit social studies project?
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
7. What does Melinda try after giving up on the linoleum block carving?
(c) Computer graphics.
8. About what does Melinda talk to the person she sees in the mall on the last day of Spring break?
(a) The Marthas.
(b) Art projects.
(c) What happened at the summer party.
(d) The science fair.
9. On what does Melinda's father blame her behavioral changes?
(a) Hanging out with Heather.
(b) Starting high school.
(c) A new boyfriend.
(d) The art teacher's rebellious attitude.
10. Why does Melinda drop the posters she is hanging?
(a) She is surprised to see her parents walk into the principal's office.
(b) She has a concussion from her fall in biology class.
(c) IT comes up behind her and whispers.
(d) She falls off the stepstool.
11. How does Melinda react to her talk with Heather in "Third Marking Period"?
(a) She is happy for the compliment.
(b) She wishes her parents were divorcing.
(c) She realizes how much the friendship means to her.
(d) She thinks Heather is wise to leave the Marthas.
12. Where does Melinda go one day when she skips school?
(a) The museum.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The library.
(d) The ariport.
13. What does Heather discuss with Melinda in "Third Marking Period"?
(a) Their friendship.
(b) Heather's parents are divorcing.
(c) The wonderful posters Melinda created.
(d) The fact that Heather is disenchanted with the Marthas.
14. Why doesn't Melinda qualify for the basketball team?
(a) She has too many electives on her schedule.
(b) It's only for seniors.
(c) She's an inch under the required height.
(d) Poor grades.
15. What does Melinda call "crap"?
(a) The newest styles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in detention when Melinda attends?
2. With whom does Melinda sometimes exchange notes?
3. What does the artist she studies inspire Melinda to draw?
4. Who does Melinda worry about concerning Andy?
5. What happened to Melinda at the party when she called the police?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)