|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Melinda go when she arrives at Effert's?
(a) To the snack bar.
(b) To the jean section.
(c) To the nightclothes section.
(d) To the electronics section.
2. What has Melinda started in art class at the end of "Second Marking Period"?
(a) A new linoleum block.
(b) A sculpture.
(c) A silhouette.
(d) A pottery piece.
3. With whom does Melinda sometimes exchange notes?
4. Why is Heather in danger of losing her standing with the Marthas?
(a) They think Heather is too unsophisticated.
(b) They need to eliminate two members because of their charter limitations.
(c) They do not like that she is friends with Melinda.
(d) They do not like the quality of her work.
5. Why does the principal call Melinda's parents?
(a) To get permission for Melinda to go on a field trip with the English class.
(b) To tell them that Melinda could join the basketball team if she did better in school.
(c) To set up a meeting.
(d) To get permission for Melinda to go on a field trip with the art class.
6. What causes Melinda to feel uncomfortable in "Third Marking Period"?
(a) Mr. Freeman saying he'd like to meet Melinda's mom.
(b) Mr. Freeman offering Melinda a ride.
(c) The Principal nodding at her and smiling.
(d) Andy smiling at her sincerely.
7. How do the girls of the International Club feel about Andy?
(a) They hate him
(b) They adore him.
(c) They think he is bad news.
(d) They are uncomfortable around him.
8. Why does Melinda drop the posters she is hanging?
(a) She is surprised to see her parents walk into the principal's office.
(b) She falls off the stepstool.
(c) She has a concussion from her fall in biology class.
(d) IT comes up behind her and whispers.
9. Where does David invite Melinda in "Third Marking Period"?
(a) To his house for pizza.
(b) To a youth church group.
(c) To go sledding.
(d) To the movies.
10. What does Mr. Freeman bring Melinda after he comments on her work in "Fourth Marking Period"?
(a) A book on Cubism.
(b) A new set of paints.
(c) A box of kleenex.
(d) A lump of clay.
11. What does Melinda do after Mr. Freeman comments on her work in "Fourth Marking Period"?
(a) Throws the linoleum block in the garbage.
(b) Refuses to do anything else.
(c) Feels energized.
(d) Throws the linoleum block at him.
12. How does Melinda react to her talk with Heather in "Third Marking Period"?
(a) She wishes her parents were divorcing.
(b) She thinks Heather is wise to leave the Marthas.
(c) She is happy for the compliment.
(d) She realizes how much the friendship means to her.
13. Where does Melinda go one day when she skips school?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The museum.
(c) The library.
(d) The ariport.
14. What does the artist she studies inspire Melinda to draw?
(a) A harp.
(b) A Cubist building.
(c) A Cubist tree.
(d) A mandolin.
15. Why does Melinda miss the bus in "Third Marking Period"?
(a) She is arguing with her mother.
(b) She oversleeps.
(c) She decides to skip school.
(d) She is arguing with Heather on the phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does Melinda's father blame her behavioral changes?
2. What grade does Melinda receive on her extra credit project?
3. What is Melinda's reward for the thing she does for a whole week?
4. Who helps Melinda devise a plan for her extra credit social studies project?
5. What kind of car does Mr. Freeman drive?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)