|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade does Melinda receive on her extra credit project?
2. How does Melinda feel as she runs away from the store in "Third Marking Period"?
(a) Like a track star.
(b) Like a trapped rat.
(c) Like a scared rabbit.
(d) Like a rabid dog.
3. What does Melinda's mother tell her in a note in "Second Marking Period"?
(a) To put up the Christmas tree.
(b) To go to her grandmother's for the night.
(c) That she and her father will be gone for three nights.
(d) To call Melinda's aunt.
4. What is written behind the suffragette poster?
(b) The word "Help."
(c) A message about standing up for what one believes.
(d) The message, "I need an A".
5. What happens when Melinda faints?
(a) She breaks her hand.
(b) She cuts her head.
(c) She is caught by David.
(d) She breaks her arm.
6. Why does Melinda shop at Effert's?
(a) To show the Marthas that she is hip.
(b) Because they have the most stylish clothing.
(c) Because they are the least expensive store in town.
(d) So her mother can use her discount.
7. What causes Melinda to feel uncomfortable in "Third Marking Period"?
(a) Mr. Freeman saying he'd like to meet Melinda's mom.
(b) The Principal nodding at her and smiling.
(c) Mr. Freeman offering Melinda a ride.
(d) Andy smiling at her sincerely.
8. What does Melinda do in her clothes closet at home?
9. What has Melinda started in art class at the end of "Second Marking Period"?
(a) A new linoleum block.
(b) A pottery piece.
(c) A sculpture.
(d) A silhouette.
10. What does the artist she studies inspire Melinda to draw?
(a) A Cubist tree.
(b) A Cubist building.
(c) A mandolin.
(d) A harp.
11. Where does Melinda decide to stop in "Third Marking Period"?
(a) At the pet shop.
(b) At her mother's store.
(c) At the bakery.
(d) At the convenience store.
12. What is Heather doing at the mall in "Second Marking Period"?
(b) Following some of the Marthas and carrying their packages.
(d) Survey work.
13. About what does Melinda think when she is looking in the mirror at Efferts?
(a) Her mother's complaints about aging.
(b) Mr. Freeman giving her a ride.
(c) A woman who is badly burned.
(d) Pizza for dinner.
14. Why is Heather in danger of losing her standing with the Marthas?
(a) They think Heather is too unsophisticated.
(b) They do not like the quality of her work.
(c) They do not like that she is friends with Melinda.
(d) They need to eliminate two members because of their charter limitations.
15. What does Melinda do after Mr. Freeman comments on her work in "Fourth Marking Period"?
(a) Throws the linoleum block at him.
(b) Feels energized.
(c) Throws the linoleum block in the garbage.
(d) Refuses to do anything else.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Melinda do at her father's office?
2. What artist does Mr. Freeman want Melinda to study?
3. Why does the principal call Melinda's parents?
4. What has Melinda's parents noticed in "Third Marking Period"?
5. What does Melinda think about her parents' life if she were not in the picture?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)