Short Essay Questions
1. What is Melinda's state of mind on the first day of high school, and how do the students on the bus treat her?
2. What are some names Melinda comes up with for groups of students in the auditorium, and to what group does she belong?
3. How does Melinda's former friend Rachel respond to Melinda in "First Marking Period"?
4. Who introduces herself to Melinda in "First Marking Period", and why is she friendly when no one else is?
5. How does Melinda refer to her teachers?
6. What happens to Melinda in the cafeteria at lunch on the first day of school?
7. Describe Melinda's first impressions of the art room.
8. What is Mr. Freeman like and what does he have the students do on the first day?
9. How do Melinda and her parents usually communicate and why?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)