|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Hieronimo kill himself?
2. How does Balthazar respond to Bel-Imperia's rejection?
3. Which of the following themes characterizes Act 3, Scene 8?
4. What does Lorenzo give to Pedringano to encourage him to help in killing Serberine?
5. Who does Lorenzo think gave Hieronimo the note revealing his and Balthazar's guilt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research the idea of morality plays, then write an essay exploring how this play compares with a morality play in content and form. How is it similar? How is it different?
Essay Topic 2
The central themes revenge represents are the inevitability and rightness of justice. Write an essay exploring how these themes come into play in "The Spanish Tragedy."
Essay Topic 3
Lorenzo, Villuppo, and Revenge all are characters who try to write their own fate. Write an essay exploring how the manipulations of one or all of these characters serves as a commentary on drama.
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)