|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Lorenzo give Balthazar regarding Bel-Imperia?
2. After seeing Hieronimo digging in the ground, what does the King tell Lorenzo to do?
3. After Balthazar and Lorenzo are told that Serberine has been shot, what is Lorenzo's reaction?
4. Why does Lorenzo tell Castile that he has kept Hieronimo from the king?
5. What prop does Hieronimo use as he gives is soliloquy at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The central themes revenge represents are the inevitability and rightness of justice. Write an essay exploring how these themes come into play in "The Spanish Tragedy."
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay exploring how a desire for advancement, power, influence and control plays a role in attraction, both on a romantic and platonic level in the play. Think about why characters cultivate friendships or romances with certain characters and create enemies out of others.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay evaluating how female power manifests itself verbally throughout the play.
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)