|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 10, of what does a servant reassure Lorenzo and Balthazar?
2. After Balthazar and Bel-Imperia banter about who loves whom, Bel-Imperia leaves having __________.
3. What is primarily demonstrated by the presence of the third citizen in this scene?
4. What will Isabella become on her imaginary journey?
5. Whom does Hieronimo mistake for an avenging goddess?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay exploring how the concept of villain is defined through the characters in the play. Which characters function as villains? Do they share specific characteristics?
Essay Topic 2
Research the idea of morality plays, then write an essay exploring how this play compares with a morality play in content and form. How is it similar? How is it different?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay exploring how Hieronimo's play and Lorenzo's actions are similar. Consider whether both these characters can be considered directors and what the idea of a director or playwright means in the context of "The Spanish Tragedy."
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)