|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hieronimo ask Castile for when he comes in to see how the stage is coming along for the play?
2. Which of the following themes characterizes Act 3, Scene 8?
3. After approaching the king, which of the characters does Hieronimo plan on killing?
4. After dismissing the first two citizens in Act 3, Scene 13, for whom does Hieronimo mistake the third citizen?
5. Why is Isabella given advice in Act 3, Scene 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay evaluating how female power manifests itself verbally throughout the play.
Essay Topic 2
Research the idea of morality plays, then write an essay exploring how this play compares with a morality play in content and form. How is it similar? How is it different?
Essay Topic 3
Bel-Imperia berates Hieronimo for not avenging Horatio's death sooner. Write an essay exploring the idea of the father in the play and what responsibility is associated with the role of the father.
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)