|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Balthazar respond to Bel-Imperia's rejection?
2. Where does Isabella imagine herself going after rejecting the advice?
3. Why does Lorenzo plan to kill Serberine?
4. What does Hieronimo do to the documents presented by the first two citizens (the ones who have similar complaints)?
5. What does the letter say that Horatio discovers Bel-Imperia left him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Act 1, Scene 2, a clear contrast is seen between the civility of the king and the barbarity of battle. Write an essay exploring how this contrast plays a role in the play as a whole.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay exploring how the concept of villain is defined through the characters in the play. Which characters function as villains? Do they share specific characteristics?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay exploring how a desire for advancement, power, influence and control plays a role in attraction, both on a romantic and platonic level in the play. Think about why characters cultivate friendships or romances with certain characters and create enemies out of others.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)