|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Revenge been doing while Bel-Imperia and Balthazar are planning their wedding and Hieronimo is agreeing to meet Lorenzo?
2. Which of the following topics does Hieronimo not address as he gives a soliloquy in Act 3, Scene 13?
3. In Act 3, Scene 9, what does Bel-Imperia soliloquize about?
4. What is Lorenzo said to be doing in "boiling lead and the blood of innocents"?
5. What is Hieronimo's profession?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lorenzo, Villuppo, and Revenge all are characters who try to write their own fate. Write an essay exploring how the manipulations of one or all of these characters serves as a commentary on drama.
Essay Topic 2
In Act 2, Scene 3, the king tells Castile to convince Bel-Imperia to open her heart to Balthazar. Write an essay exploring how the hierarchy of power within the play affects the audience interpretation of events in this and other instances.
Essay Topic 3
Isabella destroys the plants that surround the tree from which Horatio was hanged. Write an essay exploring the symbolism of plants in the play.
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)