|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The third citizen comes to Hieronimo regarding his ___'s murder.
2. Which of the following does Isabella not consider in Act 3, Scene 8?
3. What does Lorenzo order regarding Bel-Imperia?
4. What does Hieronimo do to the documents presented by the first two citizens (the ones who have similar complaints)?
5. How does the ambassador say the viceroy feels about the idea of marriage between Balthazar and Bel-Imperia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Act 2, Scene 3, the king tells Castile to convince Bel-Imperia to open her heart to Balthazar. Write an essay exploring how the hierarchy of power within the play affects the audience interpretation of events in this and other instances.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay exploring the differences between honor in men and women in "The Spanish Tragedy." How are the definitions of honor different for the genders? What examples do we see of this?
Essay Topic 3
Bel-Imperia berates Hieronimo for not avenging Horatio's death sooner. Write an essay exploring the idea of the father in the play and what responsibility is associated with the role of the father.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)