|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Hieronimo to emerge from his hiding place shouting for justice?
2. What excuse does Lorenzo give Bel-Imperia for imprisoning her?
3. After Balthazar and Lorenzo are told that Serberine has been shot, what is Lorenzo's reaction?
4. How does Isabella feel about the tree from which Horatio was hanged?
5. Whom does Hieronimo mistake for an avenging goddess?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lorenzo, Villuppo, and Revenge all are characters who try to write their own fate. Write an essay exploring how the manipulations of one or all of these characters serves as a commentary on drama.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay exploring how the concept of villain is defined through the characters in the play. Which characters function as villains? Do they share specific characteristics?
Essay Topic 3
Both Christian and Roman mythological representations of the afterlife are depicted in the play. Write an essay comparing and contrasting these representations.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)