|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the ambassador say the viceroy feels about the idea of marriage between Balthazar and Bel-Imperia?
2. After Hieronimo discovers that Balthazar and Lorenzo were definitely behind Horatio's murder, what does he decide to do?
3. How does Hieronimo fix the problems of the two citizens that have similar issues to each other?
4. Why does Lorenzo tell Castile that he has kept Hieronimo from the king?
5. Castile tells Bel-Imperia that her _________ in loving Andrea has been forgiven.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay exploring how a desire for advancement, power, influence and control plays a role in attraction, both on a romantic and platonic level in the play. Think about why characters cultivate friendships or romances with certain characters and create enemies out of others.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay exploring the differences between honor in men and women in "The Spanish Tragedy." How are the definitions of honor different for the genders? What examples do we see of this?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay exploring how the concept of villain is defined through the characters in the play. Which characters function as villains? Do they share specific characteristics?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)