|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Balthazar and Lorenzo are told that Serberine has been shot, what is Lorenzo's reaction?
2. After her imaginary journey, to what do Isabella's thoughts return?
3. What does the letter say that Horatio discovers Bel-Imperia left him?
4. What advice does Lorenzo give Balthazar regarding Bel-Imperia?
5. Where does Isabella imagine herself going after rejecting the advice?
Essay Topic 1
The central themes revenge represents are the inevitability and rightness of justice. Write an essay exploring how these themes come into play in "The Spanish Tragedy."
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay explaining how Thomas Kyd uses literary devices to influence the flow of "The Spanish Tragedy." Be sure to refer to at least three literary devices in your essay,
Essay Topic 3
Isabella considers taking herbal remedies but decides that they will not be effective. Evaluate the role of healing and medicine in the novel, writing an essay showing how these themes play out in the context of "The Spanish Tragedy."
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)