|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Lorenzo give Balthazar regarding Bel-Imperia?
2. How does Horatio interpret the letter Bel-Imperia left him upon finding it?
3. After dismissing the first two citizens in Act 3, Scene 13, for whom does Hieronimo mistake the third citizen?
4. When the ambassador and the king discuss ransom for Horatio, how does the king feel about Horatio's death?
5. How does Pedringano interact with his executioner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Isabella destroys the plants that surround the tree from which Horatio was hanged. Write an essay exploring the symbolism of plants in the play.
Essay Topic 2
Isabella considers taking herbal remedies but decides that they will not be effective. Evaluate the role of healing and medicine in the novel, writing an essay showing how these themes play out in the context of "The Spanish Tragedy."
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay evaluating Revenge as a hero. Do you think that he fits the bill for being a hero? Why or why not?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)