|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lorenzo think gave Hieronimo the note revealing his and Balthazar's guilt?
2. Lorenzo tells Bel-Imperia that something has angered Castile. What does he say this thing is?
3. Which of the following themes characterizes Act 3, Scene 8?
4. Why does Isabella not take the advice in Act 3, Scene 8?
5. Where does Isabella imagine herself going after rejecting the advice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay exploring how a desire for advancement, power, influence and control plays a role in attraction, both on a romantic and platonic level in the play. Think about why characters cultivate friendships or romances with certain characters and create enemies out of others.
Essay Topic 2
Bel-Imperia berates Hieronimo for not avenging Horatio's death sooner. Write an essay exploring the idea of the father in the play and what responsibility is associated with the role of the father.
Essay Topic 3
Lorenzo, Villuppo, and Revenge all are characters who try to write their own fate. Write an essay exploring how the manipulations of one or all of these characters serves as a commentary on drama.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)