|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Isabella given advice in Act 3, Scene 8?
2. After Bel-Imperia agrees to support Hieronimo's revenge, but before he can explain his plan, what happens?
3. What does Hieronimo talk to Balthazar about regarding the play in Act 4, Scene 3?
4. What is primarily demonstrated by the presence of the third citizen in this scene?
5. Lorenzo tells Bel-Imperia that something has angered Castile. What does he say this thing is?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Act 2, Scene 3, the king tells Castile to convince Bel-Imperia to open her heart to Balthazar. Write an essay exploring how the hierarchy of power within the play affects the audience interpretation of events in this and other instances.
Essay Topic 2
Both Christian and Roman mythological representations of the afterlife are depicted in the play. Write an essay comparing and contrasting these representations.
Essay Topic 3
Isabella destroys the plants that surround the tree from which Horatio was hanged. Write an essay exploring the symbolism of plants in the play.
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)