|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Balthazar and Bel-Imperia banter about who loves whom, Bel-Imperia leaves having __________.
2. What has Revenge been doing while Bel-Imperia and Balthazar are planning their wedding and Hieronimo is agreeing to meet Lorenzo?
3. Two of the citizens who bring their matters to Hieronimo have issues with what?
4. Where does Isabella imagine herself going after rejecting the advice?
5. How does Pedringano interact with his executioner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Act 2, Scene 3, the king tells Castile to convince Bel-Imperia to open her heart to Balthazar. Write an essay exploring how the hierarchy of power within the play affects the audience interpretation of events in this and other instances.
Essay Topic 2
Both Christian and Roman mythological representations of the afterlife are depicted in the play. Write an essay comparing and contrasting these representations.
Essay Topic 3
Isabella destroys the plants that surround the tree from which Horatio was hanged. Write an essay exploring the symbolism of plants in the play.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)