|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 14, the king announces that Bel-Imperia and Balthazar are to be married if what condition is met?
2. How does Pedringano interact with his executioner?
3. How does Balthazar respond to Bel-Imperia's rejection?
4. Why is Bel-Imperia frustrated with Hieronimo?
5. Whom will Isabella find on her imaginary journey?
Essay Topic 1
Research the idea of morality plays, then write an essay exploring how this play compares with a morality play in content and form. How is it similar? How is it different?
Essay Topic 2
Consider whether this play functions as a criticism of justice and the justice system. Then write an essay supporting your point.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay evaluating Revenge as a hero. Do you think that he fits the bill for being a hero? Why or why not?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)