Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pedringano interact with his executioner?
2. How does Isabella feel about the tree from which Horatio was hanged?
3. Hieronimo calls to Pedringano, and Lorenzo follows him and tells Pedringano that Bel-Imperia has been hidden by whom?
4. After Bel-Imperia agrees to support Hieronimo's revenge, but before he can explain his plan, what happens?
5. Which of the following topics does Hieronimo not address as he gives a soliloquy in Act 3, Scene 13?
Essay Topic 1
The central themes revenge represents are the inevitability and rightness of justice. Write an essay exploring how these themes come into play in "The Spanish Tragedy."
Essay Topic 2
The connection between Lorenzo and his Portuguese counterpart, Villuppo, allows for foreshadowing in what happens in the Spanish court. Write an essay exploring how this connection and others in the two courts support foreshadowing in the play.
Essay Topic 3
In Act 1, Scene 2, a clear contrast is seen between the civility of the king and the barbarity of battle. Write an essay exploring how this contrast plays a role in the play as a whole.
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)