|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Balthazar and Bel-Imperia banter about who loves whom, Bel-Imperia leaves having __________.
2. How does Pedringano interact with his executioner?
3. What advice does Lorenzo give Balthazar regarding Bel-Imperia?
4. What is contained in the box that Lorenzo gives a servant and says must remain closed?
5. What does Isabella do in the garden where Horatio was hanged to exact revenge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay exploring the differences between honor in men and women in "The Spanish Tragedy." How are the definitions of honor different for the genders? What examples do we see of this?
Essay Topic 2
Both Christian and Roman mythological representations of the afterlife are depicted in the play. Write an essay comparing and contrasting these representations.
Essay Topic 3
In Act 1, Scene 2, a clear contrast is seen between the civility of the king and the barbarity of battle. Write an essay exploring how this contrast plays a role in the play as a whole.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)