|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does Hieronimo NOT ask to act in his play?
2. Which of the following statements describes the depiction of the afterlife in Act 3, Scene 8?
3. What does Hieronimo do to the documents presented by the first two citizens (the ones who have similar complaints)?
4. After approaching the king, which of the characters does Hieronimo plan on killing?
5. Which of the following topics does Hieronimo not address as he gives a soliloquy in Act 3, Scene 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lorenzo, Villuppo, and Revenge all are characters who try to write their own fate. Write an essay exploring how the manipulations of one or all of these characters serves as a commentary on drama.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay exploring how Hieronimo's play and Lorenzo's actions are similar. Consider whether both these characters can be considered directors and what the idea of a director or playwright means in the context of "The Spanish Tragedy."
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay evaluating how female power manifests itself verbally throughout the play.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)