|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lorenzo say can get messages through to Bel-Imperia?
2. Why does Isabella not take the advice in Act 3, Scene 8?
3. When Bel-Imperia berates Hieronimo for being slow in taking revenge, what does she accuse him of?
4. Why doesn't Hieronimo kill himself?
5. In Act 3, Scene 2, Hieronimo speaks _______ rich with emotional, violent imagery of how miserable he is after the death of Horatio and his plans for revenge.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bel-Imperia berates Hieronimo for not avenging Horatio's death sooner. Write an essay exploring the idea of the father in the play and what responsibility is associated with the role of the father.
Essay Topic 2
Isabella destroys the plants that surround the tree from which Horatio was hanged. Write an essay exploring the symbolism of plants in the play.
Essay Topic 3
Consider whether this play functions as a criticism of justice and the justice system. Then write an essay supporting your point.
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)