|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Hieronimo to emerge from his hiding place shouting for justice?
2. Why does Isabella run out as the maid tries to call her at the end of Act 3, Scene 8?
3. What characteristics that Horatio possessed does Hieronimo believe made him a good son?
4. Why doesn't Hieronimo kill himself?
5. Castile tells Bel-Imperia that her _________ in loving Andrea has been forgiven.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay evaluating how female power manifests itself verbally throughout the play.
Essay Topic 2
Lorenzo, Villuppo, and Revenge all are characters who try to write their own fate. Write an essay exploring how the manipulations of one or all of these characters serves as a commentary on drama.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay exploring how Hieronimo's play and Lorenzo's actions are similar. Consider whether both these characters can be considered directors and what the idea of a director or playwright means in the context of "The Spanish Tragedy."
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)