|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice is given to Isabella in Act 3, Scene 8?
2. Why does Isabella run out as the maid tries to call her at the end of Act 3, Scene 8?
3. The third citizen comes to Hieronimo regarding his ___'s murder.
4. In Act 3, Scene 11, the king comes in with the ambassador, Castile, and Lorenzo, discussing what?
5. When the ambassador and the king discuss ransom for Horatio, how does the king feel about Horatio's death?
Essay Topic 1
Lorenzo, Villuppo, and Revenge all are characters who try to write their own fate. Write an essay exploring how the manipulations of one or all of these characters serves as a commentary on drama.
Essay Topic 2
Consider whether this play functions as a criticism of justice and the justice system. Then write an essay supporting your point.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay evaluating Revenge as a hero. Do you think that he fits the bill for being a hero? Why or why not?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)