|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lorenzo tells Bel-Imperia that something has angered Castile. What does he say this thing is?
2. After Bel-Imperia agrees to support Hieronimo's revenge, but before he can explain his plan, what happens?
3. What does Hieronimo give Castile when he comes in to see how the stage is coming along for the play?
4. How are Bel-Imperia and Lorenzo related?
5. In Act 3, Scene 9, what does Bel-Imperia soliloquize about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining how Thomas Kyd uses literary devices to influence the flow of "The Spanish Tragedy." Be sure to refer to at least three literary devices in your essay,
Essay Topic 2
The central themes revenge represents are the inevitability and rightness of justice. Write an essay exploring how these themes come into play in "The Spanish Tragedy."
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay evaluating how female power manifests itself verbally throughout the play.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)