|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Hieronimo kill himself?
2. What does Lorenzo give to Pedringano to encourage him to help in killing Serberine?
3. After seeing Hieronimo digging in the ground, what does the King tell Lorenzo to do?
4. What advice does Lorenzo give Balthazar regarding Bel-Imperia?
5. Hieronimo calls to Pedringano, and Lorenzo follows him and tells Pedringano that Bel-Imperia has been hidden by whom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Write an essay exploring how a desire for advancement, power, influence and control plays a role in attraction, both on a romantic and platonic level in the play. Think about why characters cultivate friendships or romances with certain characters and create enemies out of others.
Essay Topic 2In Act 2, Scene 3, the king tells Castile to convince Bel-Imperia to open her heart to Balthazar. Write an essay exploring how the hierarchy of power within the play affects the audience interpretation of events in this and other instances.
Essay Topic 3Isabella destroys the plants that surround the tree from which Horatio was hanged. Write an essay exploring the symbolism of plants in the play.
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)