|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pedringano interact with his executioner?
2. How does Isabella feel about the tree from which Horatio was hanged?
3. Hieronimo calls to Pedringano, and Lorenzo follows him and tells Pedringano that Bel-Imperia has been hidden by whom?
4. After Bel-Imperia agrees to support Hieronimo's revenge, but before he can explain his plan, what happens?
5. Which of the following topics does Hieronimo not address as he gives a soliloquy in Act 3, Scene 13?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay exploring how Hieronimo's play and Lorenzo's actions are similar. Consider whether both these characters can be considered directors and what the idea of a director or playwright means in the context of "The Spanish Tragedy."
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay evaluating how rhyming and blank un-rhyming verse are used to express the mood of particular characters or scenes.
Essay Topic 3
Both Christian and Roman mythological representations of the afterlife are depicted in the play. Write an essay comparing and contrasting these representations.
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)