|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isabella do in the garden where Horatio was hanged to exact revenge?
2. What advice is given to Isabella in Act 3, Scene 8?
3. Why does Isabella run out as the maid tries to call her at the end of Act 3, Scene 8?
4. Which of the following does Isabella not consider in Act 3, Scene 8?
5. After dismissing the first two citizens in Act 3, Scene 13, for whom does Hieronimo mistake the third citizen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Imagery of both the pre-Christian idea of the Underworld and Christian idea of heaven are presented in the play. Write an essay exploring the reason for and differences between these two examples of imagery.
Essay Topic 2
Isabella destroys the plants that surround the tree from which Horatio was hanged. Write an essay exploring the symbolism of plants in the play.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay exploring how a desire for advancement, power, influence and control plays a role in attraction, both on a romantic and platonic level in the play. Think about why characters cultivate friendships or romances with certain characters and create enemies out of others.
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)