|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Isabella not take the advice in Act 3, Scene 8?
2. After Balthazar and Lorenzo are told that Serberine has been shot, what is Lorenzo's reaction?
3. What has Revenge been doing while Bel-Imperia and Balthazar are planning their wedding and Hieronimo is agreeing to meet Lorenzo?
4. What is contained in the box that Lorenzo gives a servant and says must remain closed?
5. Two of the citizens who bring their matters to Hieronimo have issues with what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Act 1, Scene 2, a clear contrast is seen between the civility of the king and the barbarity of battle. Write an essay exploring how this contrast plays a role in the play as a whole.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay exploring how a desire for advancement, power, influence and control plays a role in attraction, both on a romantic and platonic level in the play. Think about why characters cultivate friendships or romances with certain characters and create enemies out of others.
Essay Topic 3
The central themes revenge represents are the inevitability and rightness of justice. Write an essay exploring how these themes come into play in "The Spanish Tragedy."
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)