|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lorenzo give to Pedringano to encourage him to help in killing Serberine?
(a) A title.
(b) A house.
(c) A pardon.
(d) A bag of gold.
2. Why does Lorenzo tell Castile that he has kept Hieronimo from the king?
(a) Because Hieronimo will remind the king of Horatio.
(b) Because Hieronimo will prevent the marraige of Balthazar.
(c) Because Hieronimo is unstable.
(d) Because he is afraid Hieronimo will reveal his crime.
3. How does Hieronimo fix the problems of the two citizens that have similar issues to each other?
(a) He shoots them.
(b) He imprisons the criminals.
(c) He tells them to go to the king.
(d) He hands over his gold and several other possessions to them.
4. Who says the way to find Lorenzo is to take the path of a guilty conscience "unto a forest of distrust and fear" and to the "rocky cliffs" of despair and death?
(a) The Ghost of Andrea.
(d) The king.
5. What is primarily demonstrated by the presence of the third citizen in this scene?
(a) The theme of kindness to strangers.
(b) Hieronimo's increasing state of grief and possible insanity.
(c) Friendship between two social classes.
(d) Hieronimo's generosity.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 9, what does Bel-Imperia soliloquize about?
2. After dismissing the first two citizens in Act 3, Scene 13, for whom does Hieronimo mistake the third citizen?
3. Hieronimo says that he wrote a play when?
4. How does Balthazar respond to Bel-Imperia's rejection?
5. After Balthazar and Bel-Imperia banter about who loves whom, Bel-Imperia leaves having __________.
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)