|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following themes characterizes Act 3, Scene 8?
2. Why is Isabella given advice in Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) To give her more power.
(b) To ease her troubled mind.
(c) To help her see Horatio.
(d) To put her to sleep eternally.
3. Who comes in, calms Bel-Imperia and leads her out after her soliloquy in act 3, Scene 9?
(b) Horatio's ghost.
(d) A servant.
4. Why does Hieronimo, in madness, start digging in the ground?
(a) To create a grave for Lorenzo before he kills him.
(b) So that he can crawl into the Underworld.
(c) So Horatio can emerge from his grave and show the king his wounds.
(d) To find the glove that Bel-Imperia gave Horatio.
5. After dismissing the first two citizens in Act 3, Scene 13, for whom does Hieronimo mistake the third citizen?
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom do the characters in the play obtain costumes?
2. What does Hieronimo talk about in his soliloquy in Act 4, Scene 3 that is spurring his revenge of Horatio's death?
3. What will Isabella become on her imaginary journey?
4. Which of the following topics does Hieronimo not address as he gives a soliloquy in Act 3, Scene 13?
5. Who says the way to find Lorenzo is to take the path of a guilty conscience "unto a forest of distrust and fear" and to the "rocky cliffs" of despair and death?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)