|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Isabella run out as the maid tries to call her at the end of Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) She runs out because she becomes confused about where she is.
(b) She runs out because she is tired of listening to the maid.
(c) She runs out in a near-insane search for the men who killed her son.
(d) She runs out to look for Horatio.
2. What advice is given to Isabella in Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) Take a walk.
(b) Exact revenge.
(c) Take herbal remedies.
(d) Move into the country.
3. Who says the way to find Lorenzo is to take the path of a guilty conscience "unto a forest of distrust and fear" and to the "rocky cliffs" of despair and death?
(a) The Ghost of Andrea.
(d) The king.
4. How does Horatio interpret the letter Bel-Imperia left him upon finding it?
(a) As a misunderstanding.
(b) As truth.
(c) As a trap.
(d) As a forced letter.
5. Lorenzo tells Bel-Imperia that something has angered Castile. What does he say this thing is?
(a) Lorenzo's capture of Bel-Imperia.
(b) Bel-Imperia's grief at Andrea's death.
(c) Bel-Imperia's failure to love Balthazar.
(d) Lorenzo's lies to Hieronimo.
Short Answer Questions
1. After seeing Hieronimo digging in the ground, what does the King tell Lorenzo to do?
2. Which of the following characters does Hieronimo NOT ask to act in his play?
3. Where does Isabella imagine herself going after rejecting the advice?
4. In Act 3, Scene 11, the king comes in with the ambassador, Castile, and Lorenzo, discussing what?
5. After her imaginary journey, to what do Isabella's thoughts return?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)