|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 14, the king announces that Bel-Imperia and Balthazar are to be married if what condition is met?
(a) Balthazar agrees.
(b) Bel-Imperia agrees.
(c) Bel-Imperia forgets Horatio.
(d) The viceroy agrees.
2. When the ambassador and the king discuss ransom for Horatio, how does the king feel about Horatio's death?
(a) He is excited by his death.
(b) He doesn't know he is dead.
(c) He is relieved by his death.
(d) He is saddened by his death
3. After Balthazar and Bel-Imperia banter about who loves whom, Bel-Imperia leaves having __________.
(a) Convinced Balthazar that she doesn't love him.
(b) Convinced Balthazar that she loves him.
(c) Persuaded Lorenzo that she will exact revenge.
(d) Pesuaded Balthazar that she will kill him.
4. In Act 3, Scene 2, Hieronimo speaks _______ rich with emotional, violent imagery of how miserable he is after the death of Horatio and his plans for revenge.
(a) A conversation.
(b) A lecture.
(c) An aside.
(d) A soliloquy.
5. What does Hieronimo give Castile when he comes in to see how the stage is coming along for the play?
(a) A copy of the script.
(b) A key.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice is given to Isabella in Act 3, Scene 8?
2. What characteristics that Horatio possessed does Hieronimo believe made him a good son?
3. Why does Isabella not take the advice in Act 3, Scene 8?
4. After approaching the king, which of the characters does Hieronimo plan on killing?
5. From whom do the characters in the play obtain costumes?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)