|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Balthazar and Bel-Imperia banter about who loves whom, Bel-Imperia leaves having __________.
(a) Convinced Balthazar that she loves him.
(b) Convinced Balthazar that she doesn't love him.
(c) Pesuaded Balthazar that she will kill him.
(d) Persuaded Lorenzo that she will exact revenge.
2. What does the viceroy say that he will do after the marriage of Bel-Imperia and Balthazar?
(a) Raise money for orphans.
(b) Build a castle for Balthazar.
(c) Kill Lorenzo.
(d) Withdraw from public life and devote himself to prayer.
3. What does Hieronimo talk to Balthazar about regarding the play in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Getting a key to the king's box seats.
(b) Isabella's death.
(c) Balthazar does not appear in this scene.
(d) A cushion for the king.
4. In Act 3, Scene 11, the king comes in with the ambassador, Castile, and Lorenzo, discussing what?
(a) Whether the viceroy has received the letters he sent.
(b) The marriage of Balthazar and Bel-Imperia.
(c) Whether to kill Hieronimo.
(d) The execution of Pedringano.
5. What does Lorenzo give to Pedringano to encourage him to help in killing Serberine?
(a) A house.
(b) A pardon.
(c) A title.
(d) A bag of gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Isabella imagine herself going after rejecting the advice?
2. After seeing Hieronimo digging in the ground, what does the King tell Lorenzo to do?
3. After her imaginary journey, to what do Isabella's thoughts return?
4. After Balthazar and Lorenzo are told that Serberine has been shot, what is Lorenzo's reaction?
5. Who comes in, calms Bel-Imperia and leads her out after her soliloquy in act 3, Scene 9?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)