|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 2, Hieronimo speaks _______ rich with emotional, violent imagery of how miserable he is after the death of Horatio and his plans for revenge.
(a) An aside.
(b) A soliloquy.
(c) A conversation.
(d) A lecture.
2. Whom does Hieronimo mistake for an avenging goddess?
(d) The third citizen.
3. Which of the following characters does Hieronimo NOT ask to act in his play?
4. Who says the way to find Lorenzo is to take the path of a guilty conscience "unto a forest of distrust and fear" and to the "rocky cliffs" of despair and death?
(b) The king.
(c) The Ghost of Andrea.
5. What does Hieronimo ask Castile for when he comes in to see how the stage is coming along for the play?
(a) A knife to kill the king.
(b) The key to the king's box seats.
(d) A copy of the script.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lorenzo say can get messages through to Bel-Imperia?
2. Why is the Ghost of Andrea upset after Hieronimo agrees to meet Lorenzo?
3. After Bel-Imperia agrees to support Hieronimo's revenge, but before he can explain his plan, what happens?
4. Hieronimo calls to Pedringano, and Lorenzo follows him and tells Pedringano that Bel-Imperia has been hidden by whom?
5. Which of the following does Isabella not consider in Act 3, Scene 8?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)