|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the viceroy say that he will do after the marriage of Bel-Imperia and Balthazar?
(a) Raise money for orphans.
(b) Withdraw from public life and devote himself to prayer.
(c) Build a castle for Balthazar.
(d) Kill Lorenzo.
2. How does Hieronimo fix the problems of the two citizens that have similar issues to each other?
(a) He tells them to go to the king.
(b) He imprisons the criminals.
(c) He hands over his gold and several other possessions to them.
(d) He shoots them.
3. Why does Hieronimo, in madness, start digging in the ground?
(a) So Horatio can emerge from his grave and show the king his wounds.
(b) So that he can crawl into the Underworld.
(c) To find the glove that Bel-Imperia gave Horatio.
(d) To create a grave for Lorenzo before he kills him.
4. The third citizen comes to Hieronimo regarding his ___'s murder.
5. What do Isabella and Horatio do after they invite the third citizen into their home?
(a) Plot revenge against Horatio.
(b) Feast and celebrate the victory in battle.
(c) Sing a song of grief for their children.
(d) Write a letter to the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hieronimo says that he wrote a play when?
2. Who gives Isabella advice in Act 3, Scene 8?
3. What excuse does Lorenzo give Bel-Imperia for imprisoning her?
4. Who says the way to find Lorenzo is to take the path of a guilty conscience "unto a forest of distrust and fear" and to the "rocky cliffs" of despair and death?
5. What does Hieronimo ask Castile for when he comes in to see how the stage is coming along for the play?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)