|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 9, what does Bel-Imperia soliloquize about?
(a) Her anger at the Hangman for killing Pedringano.
(b) Her frustration at Lorenzo for keeping her prisoner.
(c) Her dislike for Balthazar.
(d) Her frustration with her father for trying to marry her to Balthazar.
2. Which of the following statements describes the depiction of the afterlife in Act 3, Scene 8?
3. What does Hieronimo ask Castile for when he comes in to see how the stage is coming along for the play?
(b) The key to the king's box seats.
(c) A knife to kill the king.
(d) A copy of the script.
4. From whom do the characters in the play obtain costumes?
(b) The king.
5. In Act 3, Scene 14, the king announces that Bel-Imperia and Balthazar are to be married if what condition is met?
(a) The viceroy agrees.
(b) Balthazar agrees.
(c) Bel-Imperia agrees.
(d) Bel-Imperia forgets Horatio.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hieronimo talk about in his soliloquy in Act 4, Scene 3 that is spurring his revenge of Horatio's death?
2. What causes Hieronimo to emerge from his hiding place shouting for justice?
3. Whom does Hieronimo mistake for an avenging goddess?
4. After Bel-Imperia agrees to support Hieronimo's revenge, but before he can explain his plan, what happens?
5. In Act 3, Scene 11, the king comes in with the ambassador, Castile, and Lorenzo, discussing what?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)