|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice is given to Isabella in Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) Move into the country.
(b) Take herbal remedies.
(c) Take a walk.
(d) Exact revenge.
2. What will Isabella become on her imaginary journey?
(d) An angel.
3. Who says the way to find Lorenzo is to take the path of a guilty conscience "unto a forest of distrust and fear" and to the "rocky cliffs" of despair and death?
(c) The Ghost of Andrea.
(d) The king.
4. Which of the following topics does Hieronimo not address as he gives a soliloquy in Act 3, Scene 13?
(a) His decision to mask his grief and anger with politeness, good manners and patience.
(b) His right to have revenge for the murder of Horatio.
(c) His uncertainty about how to achieve revenge.
(d) His hope for a good marriage for Bel-Imperia.
5. What does Lorenzo order regarding Bel-Imperia?
(a) That she be killed.
(b) That she stay imprisoned.
(c) That she be freed.
(d) That she be married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lorenzo said to be doing in "boiling lead and the blood of innocents"?
2. How does Horatio interpret the letter Bel-Imperia left him upon finding it?
3. What role will Hieronimo play in the play that he wrote?
4. Hieronimo calls to Pedringano, and Lorenzo follows him and tells Pedringano that Bel-Imperia has been hidden by whom?
5. What does Hieronimo do to the documents presented by the first two citizens (the ones who have similar complaints)?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)