|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pedringano interact with his executioner?
(a) He makes jokes to him.
(b) He is somber.
(c) He is ready to die.
(d) He begs for a pardon.
2. When Bel-Imperia berates Hieronimo for being slow in taking revenge, what does she accuse him of?
(a) Not loving his son.
(b) Not being a man.
(c) Being a coward.
(d) Being crazy.
3. What does the letter say that Horatio discovers Bel-Imperia left him?
(a) Lorenzo does not deserve to die.
(b) She is in love with Balthazar.
(c) Horatio was a traitor.
(d) Balthazar and Lorenzo killed Horatio.
4. Why does Hieronimo, in madness, start digging in the ground?
(a) So Horatio can emerge from his grave and show the king his wounds.
(b) So that he can crawl into the Underworld.
(c) To create a grave for Lorenzo before he kills him.
(d) To find the glove that Bel-Imperia gave Horatio.
5. What will Isabella become on her imaginary journey?
(c) An angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hieronimo ask Castile for when he comes in to see how the stage is coming along for the play?
2. In Act 3, Scene 11, the king comes in with the ambassador, Castile, and Lorenzo, discussing what?
3. How does the ambassador say the viceroy feels about the idea of marriage between Balthazar and Bel-Imperia?
4. When the ambassador and the king discuss ransom for Horatio, how does the king feel about Horatio's death?
5. Who does Lorenzo say can get messages through to Bel-Imperia?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)