|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pedringano interact with his executioner?
(a) He begs for a pardon.
(b) He is ready to die.
(c) He is somber.
(d) He makes jokes to him.
2. How does Isabella feel about the tree from which Horatio was hanged?
3. Hieronimo calls to Pedringano, and Lorenzo follows him and tells Pedringano that Bel-Imperia has been hidden by whom?
(c) The viceroy.
4. After Bel-Imperia agrees to support Hieronimo's revenge, but before he can explain his plan, what happens?
(a) He hears a voice in the bushes.
(b) Lorenzo brings in a letter.
(c) He receives a letter from the king.
(d) Balthazar and Lorenzo enter.
5. Which of the following topics does Hieronimo not address as he gives a soliloquy in Act 3, Scene 13?
(a) His uncertainty about how to achieve revenge.
(b) His right to have revenge for the murder of Horatio.
(c) His hope for a good marriage for Bel-Imperia.
(d) His decision to mask his grief and anger with politeness, good manners and patience.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes in, calms Bel-Imperia and leads her out after her soliloquy in act 3, Scene 9?
2. What prop does Hieronimo use as he gives is soliloquy at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 13?
3. What does Hieronimo do to the documents presented by the first two citizens (the ones who have similar complaints)?
4. What does Hieronimo talk to Balthazar about regarding the play in Act 4, Scene 3?
5. What does Lorenzo give to Pedringano to encourage him to help in killing Serberine?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)