|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 9, what does Bel-Imperia soliloquize about?
(a) Her frustration at Lorenzo for keeping her prisoner.
(b) Her anger at the Hangman for killing Pedringano.
(c) Her dislike for Balthazar.
(d) Her frustration with her father for trying to marry her to Balthazar.
2. After Balthazar and Bel-Imperia banter about who loves whom, Bel-Imperia leaves having __________.
(a) Persuaded Lorenzo that she will exact revenge.
(b) Pesuaded Balthazar that she will kill him.
(c) Convinced Balthazar that she doesn't love him.
(d) Convinced Balthazar that she loves him.
3. What does Hieronimo ask Castile for when he comes in to see how the stage is coming along for the play?
(a) The key to the king's box seats.
(c) A knife to kill the king.
(d) A copy of the script.
4. After seeing Hieronimo digging in the ground, what does the King tell Lorenzo to do?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Give Hieronimo the ransom.
(c) Disappear from the kingdom.
(d) Kill Hieronimo.
5. What does Hieronimo talk about in his soliloquy in Act 4, Scene 3 that is spurring his revenge of Horatio's death?
(a) Balthazar's marriage.
(b) Memories of Horatio.
(c) Isabella's suicide.
(d) Bel-Imperia's sadness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Balthazar respond to Bel-Imperia's rejection?
2. How are Bel-Imperia and Lorenzo related?
3. Whom will Isabella find on her imaginary journey?
4. When Hieronimo is reminded by the citizens of Horatio, he brings out what prop?
5. What does Lorenzo give to Pedringano to encourage him to help in killing Serberine?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)