|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Ghost complain to Revenge that he should be seeing instead of his friend being slain?
(a) The death of Balthazar.
(b) The exhaltation of Horatio.
(c) The happiness of Bel-Imperia.
(d) The death of Lorenzo.
2. What does the viceroy confirm with the two warriors/courtiers in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) That an ambassador has been sent to Spain with tribute money.
(b) That Spain has been defeated.
(c) That the war is not yet over.
(d) That Portugal has been defeated.
3. Which of the following characters does not have a say in the marriage between Balthazar and Bel-Imperia?
(d) The king.
4. As Balthazar and Lorenzo watch, why does Bel-Imperia tell Horatio she is still upset?
(a) She says she still needs time for her wounded heart to rest.
(b) She is starting to have feelings for Balthazar too.
(c) She has decided that she does not love Horatio.
(d) She is not upset.
5. Does Castile give a time frame for the marriage between Balthazar and Bel-Imperia?
(a) No, he says she will come around in time.
(b) Yes, he says it will happen in a month.
(c) No, he says she will not get married.
(d) Yes, he says it will happen within the year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a way that the Scene 1 in the play acts?
2. In the Spanish court, who pleads with Horatio to tell her more about the circumstances of Andrea's death, referring poetically to how much she loved him?
3. When the king arrives, what reason does Balthazar whisper to Bel-Imperia that he is still alive?
4. When the procession in Act 1, Scene 2 passes by the king, to whom does the king demand a reward be given?
5. How does the audience know what Balthazar and Lorenzo are thinking as they secretly watch Bel-Imperia and Horatio?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Balthazar request for a companion as prisoner and why?
2. Why does Lorenzo plot to kill Serberine and whom does he employ to help him carry out his plan?
3. Describe Bel-Imperia and Balthazar's first meeting after she is released by Lorenzo.
4. Describe the events preceding Isabella's suicide and explain how she kills herself.
5. When Isabella's thoughts return to the men who killed her son in Act 3, Scene 8, what does she do?
6. Describe how Horatio is killed and what is done to Bel-Imperia.
7. Who brings the Ghost of Andrea back to the land of the living and why?
8. Why does the king want Castile to convince Bel-Imperia to accept Balthazar's courtship?
9. What does Castile say to Bel-Imperia when she looks sad regarding her impending marriage to Balthazar?
10. Describe the journey that Andrea takes through the Underworld.
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)