|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Bel-Imperia find herself attracted in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. What does the viceroy complain about as he enters the stage in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) His misery at Horatio's death.
(b) His glee at the victory of the war.
(c) His misery at the loss of the war.
(d) His misery at Balthazar's death.
3. Whom does Balthazar request as his companion when he is captured?
4. Why does the king want a marriage between Bel-Imperia and Balthazar?
(a) He wants what is best for Balthazar.
(b) He wants what is best for Bel-Imperia.
(c) He has been bribed by Lorenzo and wants his reward.
(d) It will cement the peace between Spain and Portugal.
5. Who is the king's nephew?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Bel-Imperia and Horatio return to the banquet after their private conversation, where does Lorenzo say Horatio's soul is headed soon?
2. How does the viceroy respond to Alexandro's claims about Balthazar?
3. In Act 1, Scene 5, how does Revenge respond to the Ghost's question about why he's being made to sit through a celebration of the man who killed him?
4. Of what does Lorenzo try to assure Balthazar at the start of Act 2?
5. Which of the following does the Ambassador NOT do in Act 2, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hieronimo start doing in front of the king to cause the king to ask what is wrong with him?
2. Describe how Horatio is killed and what is done to Bel-Imperia.
3. How does Hieronimo initially react to finding Horatio's body?
4. In the Underworld, what fate does the soul of Andrea face and who decides this fate?
5. Describe why Hieronimo says Horatio was a good son.
6. Why does Hieronimo invite the third citizen to his house and what happens at the house?
7. To whom does Bel-Imperia find herself attracted after Andrea's death and why does she resolve to love him?
8. What does the Portuguese ambassador do as he is leaving the king and Castile?
9. The viceroy rants to his courtiers about what in Act 1, Scene 3?
10. How does Horatio react when Bel-Imperia asks him to tell her about the circumstances of Andrea's death and what information does he share?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)