|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Spanish court, who pleads with Horatio to tell her more about the circumstances of Andrea's death, referring poetically to how much she loved him?
2. Who is Serberine?
(a) Horatio's servant.
(b) Balthazar's servant.
(c) Bel-Imperia's servant.
(d) Lorenzo's servant.
3. How does the audience know what Balthazar and Lorenzo are thinking as they secretly watch Bel-Imperia and Horatio?
(a) Balthazar and Lorenzo mime what they are thinking.
(b) Balthazar and Lorenzo hold up signs showing what they are thinking.
(c) Balthazar and Lorenzo interject comments that the other characters cannot hear.
(d) The audience does not know what they are thinking.
4. Which title does Balthazar hold?
5. Who helps Balthazar and Lorenzo find a hiding place to listen and watch Bel-Imperia and Horatio talk?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pedringano says he does not know whom Bel-Imperia is in love with, how does Lorenzo respond?
2. In the underworld, to whom do the governing spirits send Andrea to be judged?
3. What does Hieronimo keep to remind him of Horatio and his need for revenge?
4. What comment does Villuppo make to his courtier about Alexandro's friendship with Andrea?
5. What does Villuppo reveal to the audience in an aside at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Spain win the battle against Portugal and who are they key players?
2. What is difference between the imagery of heaven in Act 3, Scene 8, and earlier references of the afterlife in the play?
3. Who does Pedringano reveal to Lorenzo as an object of Bel-Imperia's love and how does he know that she loves him?
4. Describe the journey that Andrea takes through the Underworld.
5. Who brings the Ghost of Andrea back to the land of the living and why?
6. How and why do the complaints of the third citizen affect Hieronimo?
7. Why does Hieronimo consider killing himself and why does he decide not to?
8. Who is Pedringano and how does Lorenzo persuade him to help in the plot against Horatio?
9. Describe how Horatio is killed and what is done to Bel-Imperia.
10. Describe how Hieronimo kills himself and another that he kills with the same weapon.
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)