|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Castile say about Bel-Imperia's feelings for Balthazar in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) She wants to express her love for him.
(b) She does not love him.
(c) She will never love him.
(d) She is only pretending not to love him.
2. Why is Hieronimo expected at the king's banquet in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) To cater the party.
(b) He is not invited.
(c) To deliver the tribute.
(d) To provide the entertainment.
3. What does Alexandro tell the viceroy about Balthazar?
(a) That is is well-respected.
(b) That he is a prisoner.
(c) That he was given a respectful burial.
(d) That he still lives.
4. What does Hieronimo keep to remind him of Horatio and his need for revenge?
(a) A torn glove.
(b) A bloody handkercheif.
(c) A metal cross.
(d) A lock of hair.
5. Why does the viceroy order that Alexandro be brought to him in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) So Alexandro can be released.
(b) So Alexandro can be questioned.
(c) So Alexandro can be executed.
(d) So Alexandro can be rewarded.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Hieronimo dressed when he comes out to investigate Bel-Imperia's calls for help?
2. Who challenged Don Pedro during the battle between Portugal and Spain?
3. Of what does Lorenzo try to assure Balthazar at the start of Act 2?
4. Which title does Balthazar hold?
5. What does the king tell Castile to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the journey that Andrea takes through the Underworld.
2. Why does Castile come to visit Hieronimo while he is preparing for the play and what do they talk about?
3. What is the viceroy's reaction to the marriage of Bel-Imperia and Balthazar and what does he plan to do afterward?
4. Who brings the Ghost of Andrea back to the land of the living and why?
5. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3, who are the courtiers that report to the viceroy and what do they reveal?
6. Describe Pedringano's involvement with the attack on Horatio.
7. How does Pedringano react to the place being set for his execution and why?
8. What is an aside in a play and how does Villuppo use an aside in Act 1, Scene 3?
9. How does Hieronimo initially react to finding Horatio's body?
10. Describe how Hieronimo kills himself and another that he kills with the same weapon.
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)