|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Revenge respond to the Ghost's complaints that he doesn't want to watch his friend being slain?
(a) Soon he will see what he wants to see.
(b) Revenge will only do what he wants to do.
(c) Revenge picked the wrong man to kill.
(d) He doesn't get to pick what he sees.
2. Who is Serberine?
(a) Bel-Imperia's servant.
(b) Balthazar's servant.
(c) Horatio's servant.
(d) Lorenzo's servant.
3. When Pedringano appears on stage for the first time, of what does Lorenzo remind him?
(a) That Pedringano still owes him money.
(b) That he saved Pedringano from punishment.
(c) That he saved Pedringano's love.
(d) That he rescued Pedringano from drowning.
4. What did Horatio insist happen to Andrea's body after his death?
(a) He insisted that the body be brought back for a respectful burial.
(b) Nothing, He doesn't believe Andrea is dead.
(c) He insisted that the body be burned in a pyre on a ship.
(d) He insisted that the body be left on the battlefield.
5. What does Bel-Imperia drop after her visit with Balthazar in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A glove.
(c) A teacup.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. After finding out that Bel-Imperia has feelings for Horatio, what does Lorenzo say must happen for Bel-Imperia to love Balthazar?
2. What does the general report about the progress of Spain's war with Portugal in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. How does the viceroy react when Alexandro protests his innocence?
4. Who is Pedringano?
5. To whom does Bel-Imperia find herself attracted in Act 1, Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that Bel-Imperia and Hieronimo have regarding avenging Horatio's death.
2. Why does Hieronimo consider killing himself and why does he decide not to?
3. Three men come in to seek justice from Hieronimo in his position as marshal. Describe the three complaints.
4. What does Castile say to Bel-Imperia when she looks sad regarding her impending marriage to Balthazar?
5. What is the viceroy's reaction to the marriage of Bel-Imperia and Balthazar and what does he plan to do afterward?
6. Describe the journey that Andrea takes through the Underworld.
7. When Isabella's thoughts return to the men who killed her son in Act 3, Scene 8, what does she do?
8. Why does Castile come to visit Hieronimo while he is preparing for the play and what do they talk about?
9. In the Underworld, what fate does the soul of Andrea face and who decides this fate?
10. Describe Bel-Imperia's soliloquy in Act 3, Scene 9.
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)