|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Andrea told he is brought back from the underworld?
(a) To see how to write a play.
(b) To understand the hatred of humanity.
(c) To kill his best friend.
(d) To see revenge taken on the man who killed him.
2. Who does the viceroy ask to bring Alexandro to him in Act 3, Scene 1?
(d) The courtier.
3. What story does Villuppo tell the viceroy about what happened to Balthazar?
(a) Villuppo says Balthazar is indeed alive and will return.
(b) Villuppo says Balthazar is indeed alive and is being held prisoner.
(c) Villuppo says Balthazar was shot in the back by Alexandro.
(d) Villippo says he killed Balthazar with his own hands.
4. How does the audience know what Balthazar and Lorenzo are thinking as they secretly watch Bel-Imperia and Horatio?
(a) Balthazar and Lorenzo interject comments that the other characters cannot hear.
(b) The audience does not know what they are thinking.
(c) Balthazar and Lorenzo mime what they are thinking.
(d) Balthazar and Lorenzo hold up signs showing what they are thinking.
5. Does Castile give a time frame for the marriage between Balthazar and Bel-Imperia?
(a) No, he says she will not get married.
(b) Yes, he says it will happen within the year.
(c) Yes, he says it will happen in a month.
(d) No, he says she will come around in time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the king give Castile for the marriage between Bel-Imperia and Balthazar?
2. As Bel-Imperia calls for help after Lorenzo, Balthazar, Pedringano, and Serberine enter disguised, who grabs Bel-Imperia?
3. Which of the following characters does not have a say in the marriage between Balthazar and Bel-Imperia?
4. When the procession in Act 1, Scene 2 passes by the king, to whom does the king demand a reward be given?
5. How does Pedringano say he found out about Bel-Imperia and Horatio's relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conversation that the courtier and Villuppo have about Alexandro's guilt in Act 3, Scene 1.
2. Describe Bel-Imperia's soliloquy in Act 3, Scene 9.
3. When Isabella's thoughts return to the men who killed her son in Act 3, Scene 8, what does she do?
4. What does the Portuguese ambassador do as he is leaving the king and Castile?
5. Describe the conversation that Bel-Imperia and Hieronimo have regarding avenging Horatio's death.
6. Who does Pedringano reveal to Lorenzo as an object of Bel-Imperia's love and how does he know that she loves him?
7. How is Alexandro going to be executed and how does he escape this fate?
8. Why does Lorenzo plot to kill Serberine and whom does he employ to help him carry out his plan?
9. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3, who are the courtiers that report to the viceroy and what do they reveal?
10. How does Pedringano react to the place being set for his execution and why?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)