|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Andrea slain?
(a) In his castle.
(b) In a battle.
(c) In a cave.
(d) In the forest.
2. Who helps Balthazar and Lorenzo find a hiding place to listen and watch Bel-Imperia and Horatio talk?
3. As Bel-Imperia calls for help after Lorenzo, Balthazar, Pedringano, and Serberine enter disguised, who grabs Bel-Imperia?
4. Why does Horatio hesitate to tell the story of Andrea's death in the Spanish court?
(a) He doesn't believe that Andrea is dead.
(b) He did not see the death happen.
(c) He says it is too violent for a woman's ears.
(d) He says he cared so much about Andrea and telling the story will be painful.
5. How do the king and his people celebrate their victory in the battle against Portugal?
(a) With a parade.
(b) With a feast.
(c) With a new war.
(d) With a ball.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hieronimo keep to remind him of Horatio and his need for revenge?
2. After finding out that Bel-Imperia has feelings for Horatio, what does Lorenzo say must happen for Bel-Imperia to love Balthazar?
3. What does Castile say about Bel-Imperia's feelings for Balthazar in Act 2, Scene 3?
4. What is Alexandro tied to in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. How does the viceroy respond to Alexandro's claims about Balthazar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the king tell the Portuguese ambassador about the marriage between Bel-Imperia and Balthazar and about them having a son?
2. Why does Castile come to visit Hieronimo while he is preparing for the play and what do they talk about?
3. To whom does Bel-Imperia find herself attracted after Andrea's death and why does she resolve to love him?
4. When does it become apparent why Hieronimo asked for a key to the king's box seats and why did he do so?
5. Describe how Hieronimo kills himself and another that he kills with the same weapon.
6. What is difference between the imagery of heaven in Act 3, Scene 8, and earlier references of the afterlife in the play?
7. Three men come in to seek justice from Hieronimo in his position as marshal. Describe the three complaints.
8. Describe Hieronimo's play, including whom he plans to include on stage.
9. In the Underworld, what fate does the soul of Andrea face and who decides this fate?
10. What is an aside in a play and how does Villuppo use an aside in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)