|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lorenzo promise he will do while Balthazar distracts himself with sport and partying?
(a) Convince the king to make Balthazar a general.
(b) Convince the viceroy to give Balthazar money.
(c) Convince Revenge to save Balthazar.
(d) Convince Bel-Imperia to love Balthazar.
2. Who challenged Don Pedro during the battle between Portugal and Spain?
3. How is Hieronimo dressed when he comes out to investigate Bel-Imperia's calls for help?
(a) In armor.
(b) In his underwear.
(c) In his nightshirt.
(d) In a suit.
4. Of what does Lorenzo try to assure Balthazar at the start of Act 2?
(a) That he is not guilty of murder.
(b) That Bel-Imperia will love him.
(c) That he will inherit a position of power.
(d) That his life is not at risk.
5. What decision do Bel-Imperia and Horatio make as Balthazar and Lorenzo look on?
(a) They decide to kill Balthazar.
(b) They decide to split up.
(c) They decide to marry.
(d) They decide to run away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Lorenzo and the others kill Horatio?
2. How does the ambassador prove to the viceroy that Balthazar is alive?
3. Who accompanies the Ghost who appears in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does Villuppo reveal to the audience in an aside at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
5. As Bel-Imperia calls for help after Lorenzo, Balthazar, Pedringano, and Serberine enter disguised, who grabs Bel-Imperia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the events preceding Isabella's suicide and explain how she kills herself.
2. How does Horatio react when Bel-Imperia asks him to tell her about the circumstances of Andrea's death and what information does he share?
3. After her encounter with Balthazar at the Spanish court, what does Bel-Imperia drop, who picks it up, and how is this significant?
4. The viceroy rants to his courtiers about what in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. How and why do the complaints of the third citizen affect Hieronimo?
6. Who is Pedringano and how does Lorenzo persuade him to help in the plot against Horatio?
7. What is Alexandro's fate at the end of Act 3, Scene 1 and what are the viceroy's plans?
8. What does Isabella imagine herself doing in Act 3, Scene 8, and what does she see herself as?
9. Why does Castile come to visit Hieronimo while he is preparing for the play and what do they talk about?
10. Describe why Hieronimo says Horatio was a good son.
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)