|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 3, Scene 1, what are the fates of Villuppo and Alexandro?
(a) Alexandro is to be executed and Villuppo imprisoned.
(b) They are both to be executed.
(c) Villuppo is to be executed and Alexandro publicly exonerated.
(d) Villuppo is to be executed and Alexandro remain in prison.
2. When the procession in Act 1, Scene 2 passes by the king, to whom does the king demand a reward be given?
(a) Horatio and Balthazar.
(b) Andrea and Lorenzo.
(c) Lorenzo and Balthazar.
(d) All the soldiers.
3. Which of the following characters is not present when a general reports to progress of Spain's war with Portugal in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The Spanish king.
(c) Don Pedro.
(d) The Duke of Castile.
4. How does the ambassador prove to the viceroy that Balthazar is alive?
(a) He tells him that his servant says Balthazar is alive.
(b) He gives the viceroy letters from Balthazar.
(c) He brings a photo of Balthazar.
(d) He vouches for Alexandro's innocence.
5. Who challenged Don Pedro during the battle between Portugal and Spain?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hieronimo expected at the king's banquet in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. If Balthazar and Bel-Imperia have a son, over which country will he be king?
3. Who accompanies the Ghost who appears in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Why does Horatio hesitate to tell the story of Andrea's death in the Spanish court?
5. Who are the two warriors/courtiers with whom the viceroy speaks in Act 1, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Balthazar greeted as a prisoner by the king and how does Balthazar respond?
2. When does it become apparent why Hieronimo asked for a key to the king's box seats and why did he do so?
3. Describe Hieronimo's play, including whom he plans to include on stage.
4. Why does Hieronimo invite the third citizen to his house and what happens at the house?
5. How is Alexandro going to be executed and how does he escape this fate?
6. What excuse does Lorenzo give Bel-Imperia for imprisoning her?
7. Why does Lorenzo plot to kill Serberine and whom does he employ to help him carry out his plan?
8. After her encounter with Balthazar at the Spanish court, what does Bel-Imperia drop, who picks it up, and how is this significant?
9. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3, who are the courtiers that report to the viceroy and what do they reveal?
10. To whom does Bel-Imperia find herself attracted after Andrea's death and why does she resolve to love him?
This section contains 851 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)