|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the underworld, to whom do the governing spirits send Andrea to be judged?
2. How does the viceroy react when Alexandro protests his innocence?
(a) He screams at him.
(b) He refuses to listen.
(c) He says he feels sorry for him.
(d) He dismisses his sentence.
3. Who is Castile?
(a) Balthazar's brother.
(b) Bel-Imperia's father.
(c) Balthazar's father.
(d) Bel-Imperia's brother.
4. Why does the viceroy command Alexandro's imprisonment?
(a) He wants Villuppo to admit his lie.
(b) He believes that he killed Balthazar.
(c) He believes that he is lying about Villuppo's guilt.
(d) He believes that he is a poor soldier.
5. At the end of Act 3, Scene 1, what are the fates of Villuppo and Alexandro?
(a) Villuppo is to be executed and Alexandro remain in prison.
(b) They are both to be executed.
(c) Villuppo is to be executed and Alexandro publicly exonerated.
(d) Alexandro is to be executed and Villuppo imprisoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the king arrives, what reason does Balthazar whisper to Bel-Imperia that he is still alive?
2. How can the language of the viceroy's soliloquy (really an aside) in Act 1, Scene 3 be described?
3. Who leads the procession that appears after the trumpet sounds in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Of what does Lorenzo try to assure Balthazar at the start of Act 2?
5. Why does Hieronimo urge Isabella to be calm and conceal her grief after Horatio's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Alexandro going to be executed and how does he escape this fate?
2. When Isabella's thoughts return to the men who killed her son in Act 3, Scene 8, what does she do?
3. What cure does the maid suggest for Isabella to ease her troubled thoughts, does she use it, and why or why not?
4. What is Hieronimo's purpose at the king's banquet and how does this play out?
5. Describe Bel-Imperia's soliloquy in Act 3, Scene 9.
6. Describe Pedringano's involvement with the attack on Horatio.
7. To whom does Bel-Imperia find herself attracted after Andrea's death and why does she resolve to love him?
8. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3, what does the king ask Castile and how does he respond?
9. How does Hieronimo initially react to finding Horatio's body?
10. When Andrea first introduces himself in the play, what facets of his life does he mention?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)