|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following literary devices are used to begin Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) An aside.
(d) Rhyming verse.
2. What story does Villuppo tell the viceroy about what happened to Balthazar?
(a) Villuppo says Balthazar was shot in the back by Alexandro.
(b) Villuppo says Balthazar is indeed alive and will return.
(c) Villuppo says Balthazar is indeed alive and is being held prisoner.
(d) Villippo says he killed Balthazar with his own hands.
3. What does the Ghost complain to Revenge that he should be seeing instead of his friend being slain?
(a) The happiness of Bel-Imperia.
(b) The death of Balthazar.
(c) The death of Lorenzo.
(d) The exhaltation of Horatio.
4. What is Alexandro tied to in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A stake.
(b) A large tree.
(c) One of the guards.
5. Why does the viceroy command Alexandro's imprisonment?
(a) He believes that he killed Balthazar.
(b) He believes that he is a poor soldier.
(c) He believes that he is lying about Villuppo's guilt.
(d) He wants Villuppo to admit his lie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the king want a marriage between Bel-Imperia and Balthazar?
2. Who challenged Don Pedro during the battle between Portugal and Spain?
3. When the king arrives, what reason does Balthazar whisper to Bel-Imperia that he is still alive?
4. What does the king ask Castile in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. Which of the following describes the viceroy's complaints at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Castile come to visit Hieronimo while he is preparing for the play and what do they talk about?
2. Describe why Hieronimo says Horatio was a good son.
3. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3, what does the king ask Castile and how does he respond?
4. How does Horatio react when Bel-Imperia asks him to tell her about the circumstances of Andrea's death and what information does he share?
5. Describe how Horatio is killed and what is done to Bel-Imperia.
6. Why does Hieronimo consider killing himself and why does he decide not to?
7. How does Pedringano react to the place being set for his execution and why?
8. Describe Hieronimo's play, including whom he plans to include on stage.
9. What does Isabella imagine herself doing in Act 3, Scene 8, and what does she see herself as?
10. Summarize how the general describes the events on the battlefield to the Spanish king and his men.
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)