|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Balthazar and Bel-Imperia have a son, over which country will he be king?
(a) Neither Spain nor Portugal.
(b) Only Spain.
(c) Both Spain and Portugal.
(d) Only Portugal.
2. Why does the viceroy order that Alexandro be brought to him in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) So Alexandro can be executed.
(b) So Alexandro can be rewarded.
(c) So Alexandro can be released.
(d) So Alexandro can be questioned.
3. To whom does the king send a message via the Portuguese ambassador regarding the marriage of Bel-Imperia and Balthazar?
(d) The viceroy.
4. How is Hieronimo dressed when he comes out to investigate Bel-Imperia's calls for help?
(a) In armor.
(b) In a suit.
(c) In his nightshirt.
(d) In his underwear.
5. How does the viceroy respond to Alexandro's claims about Balthazar?
(a) He does not believe him.
(b) He is furious.
(c) He wants to take a search party to find him immediately.
(d) He is ecstatic.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Bel-Imperia find herself attracted in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. Where is the viceroy when he speaks with two warriors/courtiers in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. What is Alexandro tied to in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. Who brings Andrea back to the living from the underworld?
5. What does the viceroy complain about as he enters the stage in Act 3, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the viceroy's reaction to the marriage of Bel-Imperia and Balthazar and what does he plan to do afterward?
2. Describe the conversation that the courtier and Villuppo have about Alexandro's guilt in Act 3, Scene 1.
3. Who brings the Ghost of Andrea back to the land of the living and why?
4. To whom does Bel-Imperia find herself attracted after Andrea's death and why does she resolve to love him?
5. As Balthazar and Lorenzo watch from a hiding place, how does Bel-Imperia respond to Horatio's question about why she is still upset and what is Balthazar's response?
6. After her encounter with Balthazar at the Spanish court, what does Bel-Imperia drop, who picks it up, and how is this significant?
7. How is Alexandro going to be executed and how does he escape this fate?
8. Describe the conversation that Bel-Imperia and Hieronimo have regarding avenging Horatio's death.
9. How does Hieronimo initially react to finding Horatio's body?
10. How is Balthazar greeted as a prisoner by the king and how does Balthazar respond?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)