|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is not present when a general reports to progress of Spain's war with Portugal in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The Spanish king.
(b) The Duke of Castile.
(c) Don Pedro.
2. Why does the viceroy order that Alexandro be brought to him in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) So Alexandro can be rewarded.
(b) So Alexandro can be executed.
(c) So Alexandro can be questioned.
(d) So Alexandro can be released.
3. Why is Andrea told he is brought back from the underworld?
(a) To see how to write a play.
(b) To see revenge taken on the man who killed him.
(c) To understand the hatred of humanity.
(d) To kill his best friend.
4. How does Revenge respond to the Ghost's complaints that he doesn't want to watch his friend being slain?
(a) Soon he will see what he wants to see.
(b) Revenge picked the wrong man to kill.
(c) Revenge will only do what he wants to do.
(d) He doesn't get to pick what he sees.
5. What does the king ask Castile in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) How Bel-Imperia feels about being courted by Balthazar.
(b) When Bel-Imperia and Balthazar will marry.
(c) If Bel-Imperia is faking her love.
(d) If Castile approves of the marriage between Bel-Imperia and Balthazar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the viceroy command Alexandro's imprisonment?
2. Who is Castile?
3. What does the king tell Castile to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
4. What does Villuppo reveal to the audience in an aside at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
5. Why is Proserpine allowed to return to earth for six months of the year?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Pedringano and how does Lorenzo persuade him to help in the plot against Horatio?
2. As Balthazar and Lorenzo watch from a hiding place, how does Bel-Imperia respond to Horatio's question about why she is still upset and what is Balthazar's response?
3. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3, who are the courtiers that report to the viceroy and what do they reveal?
4. Why does Lorenzo plot to kill Serberine and whom does he employ to help him carry out his plan?
5. When Andrea first introduces himself in the play, what facets of his life does he mention?
6. What advice does Lorenzo give Balthazar when Bel-Imperia is released?
7. Why does Hieronimo invite the third citizen to his house and what happens at the house?
8. Why does Castile come to visit Hieronimo while he is preparing for the play and what do they talk about?
9. Why did Villuppo lie about Alexandro's guilt and what punishment is he given for his lies?
10. What happens to reveal Pedringano's innocence after his execution?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)