|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Balthazar and Lorenzo watch, why does Bel-Imperia tell Horatio she is still upset?
(a) She has decided that she does not love Horatio.
(b) She says she still needs time for her wounded heart to rest.
(c) She is starting to have feelings for Balthazar too.
(d) She is not upset.
2. When Pedringano appears on stage for the first time, of what does Lorenzo remind him?
(a) That he rescued Pedringano from drowning.
(b) That he saved Pedringano's love.
(c) That he saved Pedringano from punishment.
(d) That Pedringano still owes him money.
3. Who is Horatio's father?
(b) Don Pedro.
4. What does Lorenzo promise he will do while Balthazar distracts himself with sport and partying?
(a) Convince Bel-Imperia to love Balthazar.
(b) Convince Revenge to save Balthazar.
(c) Convince the king to make Balthazar a general.
(d) Convince the viceroy to give Balthazar money.
5. How does Revenge respond to the Ghost's complaints that he doesn't want to watch his friend being slain?
(a) Soon he will see what he wants to see.
(b) Revenge will only do what he wants to do.
(c) Revenge picked the wrong man to kill.
(d) He doesn't get to pick what he sees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the viceroy confirm with the two warriors/courtiers in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Why does the viceroy order that Alexandro be brought to him in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. After finding out that Bel-Imperia has feelings for Horatio, what does Lorenzo say must happen for Bel-Imperia to love Balthazar?
4. What does Villuppo reveal to the audience in an aside at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
5. As Bel-Imperia and Horatio return to the banquet after their private conversation, where does Lorenzo say Horatio's soul is headed soon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to reveal Pedringano's innocence after his execution?
2. At the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3, what does the king ask Castile and how does he respond?
3. What does Isabella imagine herself doing in Act 3, Scene 8, and what does she see herself as?
4. To whom does Bel-Imperia find herself attracted after Andrea's death and why does she resolve to love him?
5. Describe the journey that Andrea takes through the Underworld.
6. When the Portuguese ask Hieronimo to lead them to Lorenzo, where does Hieronimo say Lorenzo is?
7. Describe the conversation that Bel-Imperia and Hieronimo have regarding avenging Horatio's death.
8. What does the Portuguese ambassador do as he is leaving the king and Castile?
9. Describe Hieronimo's soliloquy that he performs while reading from a book in Act 3, Scene 13.
10. The viceroy rants to his courtiers about what in Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)