|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the king give Castile for the marriage between Bel-Imperia and Balthazar?
(a) Bel-Imperia and Balthazar are in love.
(b) If she doesn't marry him, she is doing herself and her country a disservice.
(c) He will reward Castile by giving him money.
(d) The marriage will cause a permanent separation of Spain and France.
2. Who brings Andrea back to the living from the underworld?
3. What does Villuppo reveal to the audience in an aside at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) That Alexandro is not imprisoned.
(b) That Alexandro is guilty.
(c) That he killed Balthazar.
(d) That he lied.
4. What decision do Bel-Imperia and Horatio make as Balthazar and Lorenzo look on?
(a) They decide to marry.
(b) They decide to run away.
(c) They decide to kill Balthazar.
(d) They decide to split up.
5. Who helps Balthazar and Lorenzo find a hiding place to listen and watch Bel-Imperia and Horatio talk?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the king greet Balthazar when he receives him as a prisoner?
2. Who leads the procession that appears after the trumpet sounds in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. In the underworld, to whom do the governing spirits send Andrea to be judged?
4. To whom does Bel-Imperia find herself attracted in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. Who accompanies the Ghost who appears in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. The viceroy rants to his courtiers about what in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. How does Hieronimo initially react to finding Horatio's body?
3. Summarize how the general describes the events on the battlefield to the Spanish king and his men.
4. How is Balthazar greeted as a prisoner by the king and how does Balthazar respond?
5. What is Alexandro's fate at the end of Act 3, Scene 1 and what are the viceroy's plans?
6. What does the Portuguese ambassador do as he is leaving the king and Castile?
7. Describe the conversation that Bel-Imperia and Hieronimo have regarding avenging Horatio's death.
8. As Bel-Imperia and Horatio decide to marry and return to the banquet, what does Lorenzo say will happen to Horatio and what does he mean by this?
9. In the Underworld, what fate does the soul of Andrea face and who decides this fate?
10. Describe Hieronimo's play, including whom he plans to include on stage.
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)