|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lorenzo tell Castile that he has kept Hieronimo from the king?
(a) Because Hieronimo will prevent the marraige of Balthazar.
(b) Because Hieronimo will remind the king of Horatio.
(c) Because Hieronimo is unstable.
(d) Because he is afraid Hieronimo will reveal his crime.
2. Which of the following does Isabella not consider in Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) The Underworld
(b) Herbal remedies.
(d) Her son's killers.
3. Why does Hieronimo, in madness, start digging in the ground?
(a) To create a grave for Lorenzo before he kills him.
(b) To find the glove that Bel-Imperia gave Horatio.
(c) So Horatio can emerge from his grave and show the king his wounds.
(d) So that he can crawl into the Underworld.
4. Why is the Ghost of Andrea upset after Hieronimo agrees to meet Lorenzo?
(a) He is afraid Hieronimo will kill Lorenzo.
(b) He is afraid the two are joining forces.
(c) He is afraid Lorenzo will kill Hieronimo.
(d) He is not upset.
5. What will Isabella become on her imaginary journey?
(c) An angel.
6. After approaching the king, which of the characters does Hieronimo plan on killing?
(d) The king.
7. After her imaginary journey, to what do Isabella's thoughts return?
(a) Her husband.
(b) The men who killed her son.
(c) Her desire for death.
(d) Her faith in God.
8. How does Horatio interpret the letter Bel-Imperia left him upon finding it?
(a) As truth.
(b) As a misunderstanding.
(c) As a forced letter.
(d) As a trap.
9. In Act 3, Scene 2, Hieronimo speaks _______ rich with emotional, violent imagery of how miserable he is after the death of Horatio and his plans for revenge.
(a) A soliloquy.
(b) An aside.
(c) A conversation.
(d) A lecture.
10. What is Hieronimo's profession?
11. What does Hieronimo talk to Balthazar about regarding the play in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) A cushion for the king.
(b) Isabella's death.
(c) Balthazar does not appear in this scene.
(d) Getting a key to the king's box seats.
12. Whom will Isabella find on her imaginary journey?
(d) Her maid.
13. Hieronimo calls to Pedringano, and Lorenzo follows him and tells Pedringano that Bel-Imperia has been hidden by whom?
(c) The viceroy.
14. What excuse does Lorenzo give Bel-Imperia for imprisoning her?
(a) He says he was deciding whether to kill her.
(b) He says it was for her own honor.
(c) He says it was to persuade her to love Balthazar.
(d) He says it was to prevent grief.
15. Why is Bel-Imperia frustrated with Hieronimo?
(a) For being slow in taking revenge for Horatio's death.
(b) For not having proper morals.
(c) For not interfering with her marriage.
(d) For not being a good role model.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Balthazar respond to Bel-Imperia's rejection?
2. After Balthazar and Bel-Imperia banter about who loves whom, Bel-Imperia leaves having __________.
3. When Bel-Imperia berates Hieronimo for being slow in taking revenge, what does she accuse him of?
4. Why is Isabella given advice in Act 3, Scene 8?
5. When Hieronimo is reminded by the citizens of Horatio, he brings out what prop?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)