|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lorenzo tell Castile that he has kept Hieronimo from the king?
(a) Because Hieronimo will prevent the marraige of Balthazar.
(b) Because Hieronimo will remind the king of Horatio.
(c) Because he is afraid Hieronimo will reveal his crime.
(d) Because Hieronimo is unstable.
2. What characteristics that Horatio possessed does Hieronimo believe made him a good son?
(a) Pride, strength and courage.
(b) Ambition, greed and hate.
(c) Passion, no hate, desire.
(d) No rebellion, love of parents, honor of country.
3. What do Isabella and Horatio do after they invite the third citizen into their home?
(a) Sing a song of grief for their children.
(b) Plot revenge against Horatio.
(c) Write a letter to the king.
(d) Feast and celebrate the victory in battle.
4. Why does Lorenzo plan to kill Serberine?
(a) Because he reminds Lorenzo of Bel-Imperia.
(b) Because he is tired of having a servant.
(c) Because he thinks he wrote a letter revealing his guilt.
(d) Because he is going to take Pedringano as a servant instead.
5. After Balthazar and Bel-Imperia banter about who loves whom, Bel-Imperia leaves having __________.
(a) Convinced Balthazar that she loves him.
(b) Convinced Balthazar that she doesn't love him.
(c) Pesuaded Balthazar that she will kill him.
(d) Persuaded Lorenzo that she will exact revenge.
6. Whom will Isabella find on her imaginary journey?
(d) Her maid.
7. When Hieronimo is reminded by the citizens of Horatio, he brings out what prop?
(a) The white glove.
(b) The metal cross.
(c) The bloody handkerchief.
(d) The silver sword.
8. Why doesn't Hieronimo kill himself?
(a) He is too proud to commit suicide.
(b) There would be no one to avenge Horatio's death.
(c) He decides that Lorenzo is not worth his death.
(d) He thinks killing oneself is a sin.
9. Why does Isabella not take the advice in Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) She does take the advice.
(b) Because she is allergic to the remedies.
(c) Because her husband has advised against it.
(d) Because she says there's no medicine for her heart.
10. Who does Lorenzo say can get messages through to Bel-Imperia?
11. Which of the following characters does Hieronimo NOT ask to act in his play?
12. After approaching the king, which of the characters does Hieronimo plan on killing?
(a) The king.
13. In Act 3, Scene 2, Hieronimo speaks _______ rich with emotional, violent imagery of how miserable he is after the death of Horatio and his plans for revenge.
(a) A conversation.
(b) An aside.
(c) A soliloquy.
(d) A lecture.
14. What advice does Lorenzo give Balthazar regarding Bel-Imperia?
(a) To take Bel-Imperia immediately to be married.
(b) To be forward and aggressive with Bel-Imperia.
(c) To trap Bel-Imperia again and keep her in his cellar.
(d) To be cunning, careful, and jesting with Bel-Imperia.
15. In Act 3, Scene 14, the king announces that Bel-Imperia and Balthazar are to be married if what condition is met?
(a) Bel-Imperia agrees.
(b) The viceroy agrees.
(c) Bel-Imperia forgets Horatio.
(d) Balthazar agrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Revenge been doing while Bel-Imperia and Balthazar are planning their wedding and Hieronimo is agreeing to meet Lorenzo?
2. In Act 3, Scene 11, the king comes in with the ambassador, Castile, and Lorenzo, discussing what?
3. Which of the following topics does Hieronimo not address as he gives a soliloquy in Act 3, Scene 13?
4. What does Hieronimo talk about in his soliloquy in Act 4, Scene 3 that is spurring his revenge of Horatio's death?
5. After dismissing the first two citizens in Act 3, Scene 13, for whom does Hieronimo mistake the third citizen?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)