|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the ambassador say the viceroy feels about the idea of marriage between Balthazar and Bel-Imperia?
(a) He is saddened by it.
(b) He approves of it.
(c) He thinks it is a bad idea.
(d) He is surprised by it.
2. What prop does Hieronimo use as he gives is soliloquy at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 13?
(a) A gravestone.
(b) A skull.
(c) A chair.
(d) A book.
3. What has Revenge been doing while Bel-Imperia and Balthazar are planning their wedding and Hieronimo is agreeing to meet Lorenzo?
4. Why doesn't Hieronimo kill himself?
(a) He decides that Lorenzo is not worth his death.
(b) He thinks killing oneself is a sin.
(c) There would be no one to avenge Horatio's death.
(d) He is too proud to commit suicide.
5. What does Lorenzo give to Pedringano to encourage him to help in killing Serberine?
(a) A bag of gold.
(b) A title.
(c) A house.
(d) A pardon.
6. When the ambassador and the king discuss ransom for Horatio, how does the king feel about Horatio's death?
(a) He is saddened by his death
(b) He is relieved by his death.
(c) He is excited by his death.
(d) He doesn't know he is dead.
7. Hieronimo calls to Pedringano, and Lorenzo follows him and tells Pedringano that Bel-Imperia has been hidden by whom?
(a) The viceroy.
8. Why is Bel-Imperia frustrated with Hieronimo?
(a) For being slow in taking revenge for Horatio's death.
(b) For not being a good role model.
(c) For not interfering with her marriage.
(d) For not having proper morals.
9. How does Horatio interpret the letter Bel-Imperia left him upon finding it?
(a) As a trap.
(b) As a misunderstanding.
(c) As a forced letter.
(d) As truth.
10. Castile tells Bel-Imperia that her _________ in loving Andrea has been forgiven.
11. Whom will Isabella find on her imaginary journey?
(b) Her maid.
12. When Bel-Imperia berates Hieronimo for being slow in taking revenge, what does she accuse him of?
(a) Being crazy.
(b) Being a coward.
(c) Not being a man.
(d) Not loving his son.
13. How does Balthazar respond to Bel-Imperia's rejection?
(a) He is wounded.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is calm.
14. Hieronimo, left alone, imagines himself pleading for justice first before the king, and then before who?
(a) A fiery god of the Underworld.
(b) His wife, Isabella.
(c) The character Revenge.
15. What advice is given to Isabella in Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) Exact revenge.
(b) Take a walk.
(c) Move into the country.
(d) Take herbal remedies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Isabella imagine herself going after rejecting the advice?
2. Which of the following statements describes the depiction of the afterlife in Act 3, Scene 8?
3. When Hieronimo is reminded by the citizens of Horatio, he brings out what prop?
4. What causes Hieronimo to emerge from his hiding place shouting for justice?
5. The third citizen comes to Hieronimo regarding his ___'s murder.
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)