|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hieronimo's profession?
2. Who comes in, calms Bel-Imperia and leads her out after her soliloquy in act 3, Scene 9?
(a) Horatio's ghost.
(c) A servant.
3. How does Horatio interpret the letter Bel-Imperia left him upon finding it?
(a) As a misunderstanding.
(b) As truth.
(c) As a trap.
(d) As a forced letter.
4. What is primarily demonstrated by the presence of the third citizen in this scene?
(a) Friendship between two social classes.
(b) The theme of kindness to strangers.
(c) Hieronimo's generosity.
(d) Hieronimo's increasing state of grief and possible insanity.
5. What do Isabella and Horatio do after they invite the third citizen into their home?
(a) Write a letter to the king.
(b) Feast and celebrate the victory in battle.
(c) Plot revenge against Horatio.
(d) Sing a song of grief for their children.
6. What does Lorenzo give to Pedringano to encourage him to help in killing Serberine?
(a) A pardon.
(b) A house.
(c) A bag of gold.
(d) A title.
7. Why does Hieronimo, in madness, start digging in the ground?
(a) So that he can crawl into the Underworld.
(b) So Horatio can emerge from his grave and show the king his wounds.
(c) To create a grave for Lorenzo before he kills him.
(d) To find the glove that Bel-Imperia gave Horatio.
8. When the ambassador and the king discuss ransom for Horatio, how does the king feel about Horatio's death?
(a) He is excited by his death.
(b) He doesn't know he is dead.
(c) He is relieved by his death.
(d) He is saddened by his death
9. Which of the following themes characterizes Act 3, Scene 8?
10. Who does Lorenzo think gave Hieronimo the note revealing his and Balthazar's guilt?
11. Which of the following topics does Hieronimo not address as he gives a soliloquy in Act 3, Scene 13?
(a) His uncertainty about how to achieve revenge.
(b) His decision to mask his grief and anger with politeness, good manners and patience.
(c) His right to have revenge for the murder of Horatio.
(d) His hope for a good marriage for Bel-Imperia.
12. From whom do the characters in the play obtain costumes?
(d) The king.
13. Whom does Hieronimo mistake for an avenging goddess?
(b) The third citizen.
14. What does Hieronimo talk to Balthazar about regarding the play in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Balthazar does not appear in this scene.
(b) Isabella's death.
(c) A cushion for the king.
(d) Getting a key to the king's box seats.
15. The third citizen comes to Hieronimo regarding his ___'s murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristics that Horatio possessed does Hieronimo believe made him a good son?
2. Why does Lorenzo plan to kill Serberine?
3. Castile tells Bel-Imperia that her _________ in loving Andrea has been forgiven.
4. In Act 3, Scene 9, what does Bel-Imperia soliloquize about?
5. What does Hieronimo ask Castile for when he comes in to see how the stage is coming along for the play?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)