|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the ambassador say the viceroy feels about the idea of marriage between Balthazar and Bel-Imperia?
(a) He is saddened by it.
(b) He is surprised by it.
(c) He thinks it is a bad idea.
(d) He approves of it.
2. Why does Hieronimo, in madness, start digging in the ground?
(a) So that he can crawl into the Underworld.
(b) So Horatio can emerge from his grave and show the king his wounds.
(c) To create a grave for Lorenzo before he kills him.
(d) To find the glove that Bel-Imperia gave Horatio.
3. What will Isabella become on her imaginary journey?
(c) An angel.
4. Why is Bel-Imperia frustrated with Hieronimo?
(a) For not having proper morals.
(b) For being slow in taking revenge for Horatio's death.
(c) For not being a good role model.
(d) For not interfering with her marriage.
5. What does Isabella do in the garden where Horatio was hanged to exact revenge?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Cut down plants.
(d) Kill the tree.
6. Two of the citizens who bring their matters to Hieronimo have issues with what?
7. What does Hieronimo give Castile when he comes in to see how the stage is coming along for the play?
(a) A copy of the script.
(b) A knife.
(c) A key.
8. What does Lorenzo order regarding Bel-Imperia?
(a) That she stay imprisoned.
(b) That she be freed.
(c) That she be killed.
(d) That she be married.
9. What does Hieronimo talk about in his soliloquy in Act 4, Scene 3 that is spurring his revenge of Horatio's death?
(a) Isabella's suicide.
(b) Balthazar's marriage.
(c) Bel-Imperia's sadness.
(d) Memories of Horatio.
10. What excuse does Lorenzo give Bel-Imperia for imprisoning her?
(a) He says it was for her own honor.
(b) He says he was deciding whether to kill her.
(c) He says it was to prevent grief.
(d) He says it was to persuade her to love Balthazar.
11. What does Hieronimo ask Castile for when he comes in to see how the stage is coming along for the play?
(a) A knife to kill the king.
(b) A copy of the script.
(c) The key to the king's box seats.
12. How does Isabella feel about the tree from which Horatio was hanged?
13. What advice is given to Isabella in Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) Exact revenge.
(b) Move into the country.
(c) Take a walk.
(d) Take herbal remedies.
14. What does Hieronimo do to the documents presented by the first two citizens (the ones who have similar complaints)?
(a) Tears them up.
(b) Gives them back to the citizens.
(c) Gives them to the King.
(d) Keeps them.
15. After Hieronimo discovers that Balthazar and Lorenzo were definitely behind Horatio's murder, what does he decide to do?
(a) Go to the king and plead for justice.
(b) Kill Bel-Imperia to sadden Balthazar.
(c) Erect a statue in memory of Horatio.
(d) Kill Lorenzo and Balthazar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hieronimo fix the problems of the two citizens that have similar issues to each other?
2. Whom does Hieronimo mistake for an avenging goddess?
3. Hieronimo calls to Pedringano, and Lorenzo follows him and tells Pedringano that Bel-Imperia has been hidden by whom?
4. What has Revenge been doing while Bel-Imperia and Balthazar are planning their wedding and Hieronimo is agreeing to meet Lorenzo?
5. From whom do the characters in the play obtain costumes?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)