|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says the way to find Lorenzo is to take the path of a guilty conscience "unto a forest of distrust and fear" and to the "rocky cliffs" of despair and death?
(a) The Ghost of Andrea.
(b) The king.
2. After Balthazar and Bel-Imperia banter about who loves whom, Bel-Imperia leaves having __________.
(a) Convinced Balthazar that she doesn't love him.
(b) Pesuaded Balthazar that she will kill him.
(c) Persuaded Lorenzo that she will exact revenge.
(d) Convinced Balthazar that she loves him.
3. After Balthazar and Lorenzo are told that Serberine has been shot, what is Lorenzo's reaction?
(a) To have Pedringano executed.
(b) To help Pedringano find a hiding place.
(c) To hide himself, knowing he will be found guilty.
(d) To tell Balthazar the truth about the murder.
4. After Bel-Imperia agrees to support Hieronimo's revenge, but before he can explain his plan, what happens?
(a) Lorenzo brings in a letter.
(b) He hears a voice in the bushes.
(c) Balthazar and Lorenzo enter.
(d) He receives a letter from the king.
5. Which of the following topics does Hieronimo not address as he gives a soliloquy in Act 3, Scene 13?
(a) His uncertainty about how to achieve revenge.
(b) His decision to mask his grief and anger with politeness, good manners and patience.
(c) His right to have revenge for the murder of Horatio.
(d) His hope for a good marriage for Bel-Imperia.
6. After approaching the king, which of the characters does Hieronimo plan on killing?
(b) The king.
7. Whom will Isabella find on her imaginary journey?
(d) Her maid.
8. Hieronimo says that he wrote a play when?
(a) When his son was born.
(b) When he was a student.
(c) When he lost his son.
(d) When he got the job as marshal.
9. What does Hieronimo give Castile when he comes in to see how the stage is coming along for the play?
(a) A key.
(b) A knife.
(d) A copy of the script.
10. Which of the following characters does Hieronimo NOT ask to act in his play?
11. Two of the citizens who bring their matters to Hieronimo have issues with what?
12. Who does Lorenzo think gave Hieronimo the note revealing his and Balthazar's guilt?
13. Whom does Hieronimo mistake for an avenging goddess?
(b) The third citizen.
14. How does Isabella feel about the tree from which Horatio was hanged?
15. What causes Hieronimo to emerge from his hiding place shouting for justice?
(a) The sound of Bel-Imperia's sobs.
(b) The sound of Horatio's name.
(c) The rewarding of Balthazar.
(d) The rewarding of Lorenzo.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 2, Hieronimo speaks _______ rich with emotional, violent imagery of how miserable he is after the death of Horatio and his plans for revenge.
2. What does Isabella do in the garden where Horatio was hanged to exact revenge?
3. Castile tells Bel-Imperia that her _________ in loving Andrea has been forgiven.
4. How does the ambassador say the viceroy feels about the idea of marriage between Balthazar and Bel-Imperia?
5. How does Pedringano interact with his executioner?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)