Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pedringano interact with his executioner?
(a) He begs for a pardon.
(b) He is ready to die.
(c) He is somber.
(d) He makes jokes to him.
2. How does Isabella feel about the tree from which Horatio was hanged?
3. Hieronimo calls to Pedringano, and Lorenzo follows him and tells Pedringano that Bel-Imperia has been hidden by whom?
(c) The viceroy.
4. After Bel-Imperia agrees to support Hieronimo's revenge, but before he can explain his plan, what happens?
(a) He hears a voice in the bushes.
(b) Lorenzo brings in a letter.
(c) He receives a letter from the king.
(d) Balthazar and Lorenzo enter.
5. Which of the following topics does Hieronimo not address as he gives a soliloquy in Act 3, Scene 13?
(a) His uncertainty about how to achieve revenge.
(b) His right to have revenge for the murder of Horatio.
(c) His hope for a good marriage for Bel-Imperia.
(d) His decision to mask his grief and anger with politeness, good manners and patience.
6. Who comes in, calms Bel-Imperia and leads her out after her soliloquy in act 3, Scene 9?
(b) A servant.
(d) Horatio's ghost.
7. What prop does Hieronimo use as he gives is soliloquy at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 13?
(a) A gravestone.
(b) A chair.
(c) A skull.
(d) A book.
8. What does Hieronimo do to the documents presented by the first two citizens (the ones who have similar complaints)?
(a) Keeps them.
(b) Gives them back to the citizens.
(c) Gives them to the King.
(d) Tears them up.
9. What does Hieronimo talk to Balthazar about regarding the play in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) A cushion for the king.
(b) Isabella's death.
(c) Balthazar does not appear in this scene.
(d) Getting a key to the king's box seats.
10. What does Lorenzo give to Pedringano to encourage him to help in killing Serberine?
(a) A title.
(b) A bag of gold.
(c) A house.
(d) A pardon.
11. Why does Isabella run out as the maid tries to call her at the end of Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) She runs out in a near-insane search for the men who killed her son.
(b) She runs out to look for Horatio.
(c) She runs out because she becomes confused about where she is.
(d) She runs out because she is tired of listening to the maid.
12. Who does Lorenzo say can get messages through to Bel-Imperia?
13. Who says the way to find Lorenzo is to take the path of a guilty conscience "unto a forest of distrust and fear" and to the "rocky cliffs" of despair and death?
(b) The Ghost of Andrea.
(c) The king.
14. What does Hieronimo ask Castile for when he comes in to see how the stage is coming along for the play?
(a) A knife to kill the king.
(c) A copy of the script.
(d) The key to the king's box seats.
15. Which of the following characters does Hieronimo NOT ask to act in his play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following themes characterizes Act 3, Scene 8?
2. How does Hieronimo fix the problems of the two citizens that have similar issues to each other?
3. In Act 3, Scene 9, what does Bel-Imperia soliloquize about?
4. How does Balthazar respond to Bel-Imperia's rejection?
5. In Act 3, Scene 10, of what does a servant reassure Lorenzo and Balthazar?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)