|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hieronimo do to the documents presented by the first two citizens (the ones who have similar complaints)?
(a) Tears them up.
(b) Gives them to the King.
(c) Keeps them.
(d) Gives them back to the citizens.
2. Who says the way to find Lorenzo is to take the path of a guilty conscience "unto a forest of distrust and fear" and to the "rocky cliffs" of despair and death?
(a) The king.
(b) The Ghost of Andrea.
3. After Balthazar and Lorenzo are told that Serberine has been shot, what is Lorenzo's reaction?
(a) To have Pedringano executed.
(b) To hide himself, knowing he will be found guilty.
(c) To help Pedringano find a hiding place.
(d) To tell Balthazar the truth about the murder.
4. How does Hieronimo fix the problems of the two citizens that have similar issues to each other?
(a) He imprisons the criminals.
(b) He tells them to go to the king.
(c) He shoots them.
(d) He hands over his gold and several other possessions to them.
5. Why does Isabella not take the advice in Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) Because she is allergic to the remedies.
(b) She does take the advice.
(c) Because she says there's no medicine for her heart.
(d) Because her husband has advised against it.
6. Which of the following themes characterizes Act 3, Scene 8?
7. How does Balthazar respond to Bel-Imperia's rejection?
(a) He is calm.
(b) He is wounded.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is excited.
8. What does Isabella do in the garden where Horatio was hanged to exact revenge?
(a) Cut down plants.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Kill herself.
(d) Kill the tree.
9. What is contained in the box that Lorenzo gives a servant and says must remain closed?
(d) Pedringano's pardon.
10. What prop does Hieronimo use as he gives is soliloquy at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 13?
(a) A skull.
(b) A book.
(c) A gravestone.
(d) A chair.
11. What excuse does Lorenzo give Bel-Imperia for imprisoning her?
(a) He says he was deciding whether to kill her.
(b) He says it was to prevent grief.
(c) He says it was to persuade her to love Balthazar.
(d) He says it was for her own honor.
12. What is Hieronimo's profession?
13. After seeing Hieronimo digging in the ground, what does the King tell Lorenzo to do?
(a) Kill Hieronimo.
(b) Give Hieronimo the ransom.
(c) Kill himself.
(d) Disappear from the kingdom.
14. What is Lorenzo said to be doing in "boiling lead and the blood of innocents"?
15. How does Pedringano interact with his executioner?
(a) He is ready to die.
(b) He is somber.
(c) He begs for a pardon.
(d) He makes jokes to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. The third citizen comes to Hieronimo regarding his ___'s murder.
2. What advice is given to Isabella in Act 3, Scene 8?
3. Which of the following does Isabella not consider in Act 3, Scene 8?
4. Castile tells Bel-Imperia that her _________ in loving Andrea has been forgiven.
5. What does Hieronimo talk to Balthazar about regarding the play in Act 4, Scene 3?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)