|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lorenzo said to be doing in "boiling lead and the blood of innocents"?
2. What advice is given to Isabella in Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) Take herbal remedies.
(b) Exact revenge.
(c) Take a walk.
(d) Move into the country.
3. Who comes in, calms Bel-Imperia and leads her out after her soliloquy in act 3, Scene 9?
(b) A servant.
(c) Horatio's ghost.
4. What role will Hieronimo play in the play that he wrote?
(a) An evil manipulater that orchestrates misery.
(b) A vengeful king who hangs himself.
(c) A wronged lover that kills his wife.
(d) A mercenary who avenges death.
5. From whom do the characters in the play obtain costumes?
(a) The king.
6. How does Hieronimo fix the problems of the two citizens that have similar issues to each other?
(a) He tells them to go to the king.
(b) He shoots them.
(c) He hands over his gold and several other possessions to them.
(d) He imprisons the criminals.
7. Castile tells Bel-Imperia that her _________ in loving Andrea has been forgiven.
8. After approaching the king, which of the characters does Hieronimo plan on killing?
(d) The king.
9. What will Isabella become on her imaginary journey?
(b) An angel.
10. How does the ambassador say the viceroy feels about the idea of marriage between Balthazar and Bel-Imperia?
(a) He is saddened by it.
(b) He is surprised by it.
(c) He approves of it.
(d) He thinks it is a bad idea.
11. After dismissing the first two citizens in Act 3, Scene 13, for whom does Hieronimo mistake the third citizen?
12. Why does Isabella run out as the maid tries to call her at the end of Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) She runs out because she is tired of listening to the maid.
(b) She runs out to look for Horatio.
(c) She runs out because she becomes confused about where she is.
(d) She runs out in a near-insane search for the men who killed her son.
13. What does Hieronimo talk about in his soliloquy in Act 4, Scene 3 that is spurring his revenge of Horatio's death?
(a) Memories of Horatio.
(b) Isabella's suicide.
(c) Bel-Imperia's sadness.
(d) Balthazar's marriage.
14. What does Lorenzo give to Pedringano to encourage him to help in killing Serberine?
(a) A bag of gold.
(b) A pardon.
(c) A title.
(d) A house.
15. When the ambassador and the king discuss ransom for Horatio, how does the king feel about Horatio's death?
(a) He doesn't know he is dead.
(b) He is saddened by his death
(c) He is excited by his death.
(d) He is relieved by his death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lorenzo order regarding Bel-Imperia?
2. Hieronimo says that he wrote a play when?
3. How does Isabella feel about the tree from which Horatio was hanged?
4. Who does Lorenzo think gave Hieronimo the note revealing his and Balthazar's guilt?
5. Which of the following does Isabella not consider in Act 3, Scene 8?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)