|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After her imaginary journey, to what do Isabella's thoughts return?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her faith in God.
(c) Her desire for death.
(d) The men who killed her son.
2. What will Isabella become on her imaginary journey?
(b) An angel.
3. How are Bel-Imperia and Lorenzo related?
(a) Lorenzo is not related to Bel-Imperia.
(b) Lorenzo is Bel-Imperia's brother-in-law.
(c) Lorenzo is Bel-Imperia's cousin.
(d) Lorenzo is Bel-Imperia's brother.
4. How does Balthazar respond to Bel-Imperia's rejection?
(a) He is calm.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He is wounded.
(d) He is excited.
5. Two of the citizens who bring their matters to Hieronimo have issues with what?
6. What characteristics that Horatio possessed does Hieronimo believe made him a good son?
(a) Ambition, greed and hate.
(b) Pride, strength and courage.
(c) No rebellion, love of parents, honor of country.
(d) Passion, no hate, desire.
7. After approaching the king, which of the characters does Hieronimo plan on killing?
(a) The king.
8. Hieronimo says that he wrote a play when?
(a) When he lost his son.
(b) When his son was born.
(c) When he got the job as marshal.
(d) When he was a student.
9. In Act 3, Scene 11, the king comes in with the ambassador, Castile, and Lorenzo, discussing what?
(a) Whether the viceroy has received the letters he sent.
(b) The marriage of Balthazar and Bel-Imperia.
(c) The execution of Pedringano.
(d) Whether to kill Hieronimo.
10. After dismissing the first two citizens in Act 3, Scene 13, for whom does Hieronimo mistake the third citizen?
11. In Act 3, Scene 10, of what does a servant reassure Lorenzo and Balthazar?
(a) That Bel-Imperia is dead.
(b) That Hieronimo is dead.
(c) That Pedringano is dead..
(d) That Serberine is dead.
12. Why is the Ghost of Andrea upset after Hieronimo agrees to meet Lorenzo?
(a) He is afraid Lorenzo will kill Hieronimo.
(b) He is not upset.
(c) He is afraid the two are joining forces.
(d) He is afraid Hieronimo will kill Lorenzo.
13. Why does Isabella not take the advice in Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) Because she is allergic to the remedies.
(b) Because her husband has advised against it.
(c) She does take the advice.
(d) Because she says there's no medicine for her heart.
14. Which of the following themes characterizes Act 3, Scene 8?
15. Who says the way to find Lorenzo is to take the path of a guilty conscience "unto a forest of distrust and fear" and to the "rocky cliffs" of despair and death?
(c) The king.
(d) The Ghost of Andrea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the letter say that Horatio discovers Bel-Imperia left him?
2. What is Lorenzo said to be doing in "boiling lead and the blood of innocents"?
3. Who gives Isabella advice in Act 3, Scene 8?
4. How does Hieronimo fix the problems of the two citizens that have similar issues to each other?
5. Why does Lorenzo tell Castile that he has kept Hieronimo from the king?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)