|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says the way to find Lorenzo is to take the path of a guilty conscience "unto a forest of distrust and fear" and to the "rocky cliffs" of despair and death?
(c) The king.
(d) The Ghost of Andrea.
2. What characteristics that Horatio possessed does Hieronimo believe made him a good son?
(a) Passion, no hate, desire.
(b) Pride, strength and courage.
(c) Ambition, greed and hate.
(d) No rebellion, love of parents, honor of country.
3. Hieronimo says that he wrote a play when?
(a) When he got the job as marshal.
(b) When he lost his son.
(c) When he was a student.
(d) When his son was born.
4. What advice is given to Isabella in Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) Take herbal remedies.
(b) Take a walk.
(c) Exact revenge.
(d) Move into the country.
5. What do Isabella and Horatio do after they invite the third citizen into their home?
(a) Write a letter to the king.
(b) Feast and celebrate the victory in battle.
(c) Sing a song of grief for their children.
(d) Plot revenge against Horatio.
6. When Bel-Imperia berates Hieronimo for being slow in taking revenge, what does she accuse him of?
(a) Not being a man.
(b) Not loving his son.
(c) Being a coward.
(d) Being crazy.
7. What does the viceroy say that he will do after the marriage of Bel-Imperia and Balthazar?
(a) Withdraw from public life and devote himself to prayer.
(b) Build a castle for Balthazar.
(c) Raise money for orphans.
(d) Kill Lorenzo.
8. What causes Hieronimo to emerge from his hiding place shouting for justice?
(a) The sound of Horatio's name.
(b) The rewarding of Lorenzo.
(c) The rewarding of Balthazar.
(d) The sound of Bel-Imperia's sobs.
9. When Hieronimo is reminded by the citizens of Horatio, he brings out what prop?
(a) The silver sword.
(b) The white glove.
(c) The bloody handkerchief.
(d) The metal cross.
10. Hieronimo calls to Pedringano, and Lorenzo follows him and tells Pedringano that Bel-Imperia has been hidden by whom?
(c) The viceroy.
11. Lorenzo tells Bel-Imperia that something has angered Castile. What does he say this thing is?
(a) Lorenzo's lies to Hieronimo.
(b) Lorenzo's capture of Bel-Imperia.
(c) Bel-Imperia's failure to love Balthazar.
(d) Bel-Imperia's grief at Andrea's death.
12. Why is Bel-Imperia frustrated with Hieronimo?
(a) For not having proper morals.
(b) For being slow in taking revenge for Horatio's death.
(c) For not being a good role model.
(d) For not interfering with her marriage.
13. The third citizen comes to Hieronimo regarding his ___'s murder.
14. Which of the following themes characterizes Act 3, Scene 8?
15. Two of the citizens who bring their matters to Hieronimo have issues with what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 10, of what does a servant reassure Lorenzo and Balthazar?
2. What does Hieronimo ask Castile for when he comes in to see how the stage is coming along for the play?
3. Why does Lorenzo plan to kill Serberine?
4. What prop does Hieronimo use as he gives is soliloquy at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 13?
5. What does the letter say that Horatio discovers Bel-Imperia left him?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)