|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hieronimo give Castile when he comes in to see how the stage is coming along for the play?
(b) A copy of the script.
(c) A key.
(d) A knife.
2. How does Hieronimo fix the problems of the two citizens that have similar issues to each other?
(a) He shoots them.
(b) He hands over his gold and several other possessions to them.
(c) He imprisons the criminals.
(d) He tells them to go to the king.
3. After dismissing the first two citizens in Act 3, Scene 13, for whom does Hieronimo mistake the third citizen?
4. Who says the way to find Lorenzo is to take the path of a guilty conscience "unto a forest of distrust and fear" and to the "rocky cliffs" of despair and death?
(b) The Ghost of Andrea.
(d) The king.
5. Which of the following topics does Hieronimo not address as he gives a soliloquy in Act 3, Scene 13?
(a) His decision to mask his grief and anger with politeness, good manners and patience.
(b) His uncertainty about how to achieve revenge.
(c) His right to have revenge for the murder of Horatio.
(d) His hope for a good marriage for Bel-Imperia.
6. Hieronimo says that he wrote a play when?
(a) When he lost his son.
(b) When he got the job as marshal.
(c) When he was a student.
(d) When his son was born.
7. What advice is given to Isabella in Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) Move into the country.
(b) Take a walk.
(c) Take herbal remedies.
(d) Exact revenge.
8. In Act 3, Scene 10, of what does a servant reassure Lorenzo and Balthazar?
(a) That Pedringano is dead..
(b) That Bel-Imperia is dead.
(c) That Hieronimo is dead.
(d) That Serberine is dead.
9. What does the viceroy say that he will do after the marriage of Bel-Imperia and Balthazar?
(a) Build a castle for Balthazar.
(b) Kill Lorenzo.
(c) Withdraw from public life and devote himself to prayer.
(d) Raise money for orphans.
10. In Act 3, Scene 11, the king comes in with the ambassador, Castile, and Lorenzo, discussing what?
(a) Whether to kill Hieronimo.
(b) The execution of Pedringano.
(c) Whether the viceroy has received the letters he sent.
(d) The marriage of Balthazar and Bel-Imperia.
11. Why does Hieronimo, in madness, start digging in the ground?
(a) So that he can crawl into the Underworld.
(b) So Horatio can emerge from his grave and show the king his wounds.
(c) To create a grave for Lorenzo before he kills him.
(d) To find the glove that Bel-Imperia gave Horatio.
12. What does Lorenzo give to Pedringano to encourage him to help in killing Serberine?
(a) A house.
(b) A bag of gold.
(c) A pardon.
(d) A title.
13. Which of the following characters does Hieronimo NOT ask to act in his play?
14. After approaching the king, which of the characters does Hieronimo plan on killing?
(a) The king.
15. Whom does Hieronimo mistake for an avenging goddess?
(d) The third citizen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following themes characterizes Act 3, Scene 8?
2. Hieronimo, left alone, imagines himself pleading for justice first before the king, and then before who?
3. What has Revenge been doing while Bel-Imperia and Balthazar are planning their wedding and Hieronimo is agreeing to meet Lorenzo?
4. What does Hieronimo do to the documents presented by the first two citizens (the ones who have similar complaints)?
5. Hieronimo calls to Pedringano, and Lorenzo follows him and tells Pedringano that Bel-Imperia has been hidden by whom?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)