|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isabella do in the garden where Horatio was hanged to exact revenge?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Cut down plants.
(c) Kill the tree.
(d) Kill herself.
2. Why doesn't Hieronimo kill himself?
(a) He decides that Lorenzo is not worth his death.
(b) He thinks killing oneself is a sin.
(c) There would be no one to avenge Horatio's death.
(d) He is too proud to commit suicide.
3. After seeing Hieronimo digging in the ground, what does the King tell Lorenzo to do?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Disappear from the kingdom.
(c) Kill Hieronimo.
(d) Give Hieronimo the ransom.
4. After dismissing the first two citizens in Act 3, Scene 13, for whom does Hieronimo mistake the third citizen?
5. When Bel-Imperia berates Hieronimo for being slow in taking revenge, what does she accuse him of?
(a) Being a coward.
(b) Not loving his son.
(c) Being crazy.
(d) Not being a man.
6. Two of the citizens who bring their matters to Hieronimo have issues with what?
7. What does Lorenzo order regarding Bel-Imperia?
(a) That she be married.
(b) That she be killed.
(c) That she stay imprisoned.
(d) That she be freed.
8. Who says the way to find Lorenzo is to take the path of a guilty conscience "unto a forest of distrust and fear" and to the "rocky cliffs" of despair and death?
(b) The king.
(d) The Ghost of Andrea.
9. What does Hieronimo talk to Balthazar about regarding the play in Act 4, Scene 3?
(a) Isabella's death.
(b) Getting a key to the king's box seats.
(c) A cushion for the king.
(d) Balthazar does not appear in this scene.
10. After Bel-Imperia agrees to support Hieronimo's revenge, but before he can explain his plan, what happens?
(a) Lorenzo brings in a letter.
(b) Balthazar and Lorenzo enter.
(c) He hears a voice in the bushes.
(d) He receives a letter from the king.
11. What is primarily demonstrated by the presence of the third citizen in this scene?
(a) Hieronimo's generosity.
(b) Friendship between two social classes.
(c) Hieronimo's increasing state of grief and possible insanity.
(d) The theme of kindness to strangers.
12. How does Balthazar respond to Bel-Imperia's rejection?
(a) He is wounded.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He is calm.
(d) He is excited.
13. Why does Lorenzo tell Castile that he has kept Hieronimo from the king?
(a) Because Hieronimo will prevent the marraige of Balthazar.
(b) Because Hieronimo is unstable.
(c) Because Hieronimo will remind the king of Horatio.
(d) Because he is afraid Hieronimo will reveal his crime.
14. Hieronimo says that he wrote a play when?
(a) When his son was born.
(b) When he got the job as marshal.
(c) When he was a student.
(d) When he lost his son.
15. What does Hieronimo give Castile when he comes in to see how the stage is coming along for the play?
(a) A knife.
(b) A copy of the script.
(d) A key.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Lorenzo give Balthazar regarding Bel-Imperia?
2. What role will Hieronimo play in the play that he wrote?
3. Whom does Hieronimo mistake for an avenging goddess?
4. Which of the following characters does Hieronimo NOT ask to act in his play?
5. When Hieronimo is reminded by the citizens of Horatio, he brings out what prop?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)