|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After seeing Hieronimo digging in the ground, what does the King tell Lorenzo to do?
(a) Disappear from the kingdom.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Kill Hieronimo.
(d) Give Hieronimo the ransom.
2. Which of the following characters does Hieronimo NOT ask to act in his play?
3. Hieronimo, left alone, imagines himself pleading for justice first before the king, and then before who?
(b) A fiery god of the Underworld.
(c) His wife, Isabella.
(d) The character Revenge.
4. What does Lorenzo order regarding Bel-Imperia?
(a) That she stay imprisoned.
(b) That she be killed.
(c) That she be freed.
(d) That she be married.
5. Why does Hieronimo, in madness, start digging in the ground?
(a) So Horatio can emerge from his grave and show the king his wounds.
(b) To create a grave for Lorenzo before he kills him.
(c) To find the glove that Bel-Imperia gave Horatio.
(d) So that he can crawl into the Underworld.
6. What does the viceroy say that he will do after the marriage of Bel-Imperia and Balthazar?
(a) Build a castle for Balthazar.
(b) Withdraw from public life and devote himself to prayer.
(c) Raise money for orphans.
(d) Kill Lorenzo.
7. When the ambassador and the king discuss ransom for Horatio, how does the king feel about Horatio's death?
(a) He is saddened by his death
(b) He is excited by his death.
(c) He doesn't know he is dead.
(d) He is relieved by his death.
8. How are Bel-Imperia and Lorenzo related?
(a) Lorenzo is not related to Bel-Imperia.
(b) Lorenzo is Bel-Imperia's brother-in-law.
(c) Lorenzo is Bel-Imperia's cousin.
(d) Lorenzo is Bel-Imperia's brother.
9. Who says the way to find Lorenzo is to take the path of a guilty conscience "unto a forest of distrust and fear" and to the "rocky cliffs" of despair and death?
(a) The king.
(c) The Ghost of Andrea.
10. What does Isabella do in the garden where Horatio was hanged to exact revenge?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Kill the tree.
(d) Cut down plants.
11. Why does Isabella run out as the maid tries to call her at the end of Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) She runs out in a near-insane search for the men who killed her son.
(b) She runs out because she is tired of listening to the maid.
(c) She runs out to look for Horatio.
(d) She runs out because she becomes confused about where she is.
12. Which of the following themes characterizes Act 3, Scene 8?
13. After Balthazar and Bel-Imperia banter about who loves whom, Bel-Imperia leaves having __________.
(a) Convinced Balthazar that she loves him.
(b) Persuaded Lorenzo that she will exact revenge.
(c) Convinced Balthazar that she doesn't love him.
(d) Pesuaded Balthazar that she will kill him.
14. What do Isabella and Horatio do after they invite the third citizen into their home?
(a) Write a letter to the king.
(b) Plot revenge against Horatio.
(c) Sing a song of grief for their children.
(d) Feast and celebrate the victory in battle.
15. How does Hieronimo fix the problems of the two citizens that have similar issues to each other?
(a) He tells them to go to the king.
(b) He hands over his gold and several other possessions to them.
(c) He imprisons the criminals.
(d) He shoots them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Isabella imagine herself going after rejecting the advice?
2. What is primarily demonstrated by the presence of the third citizen in this scene?
3. When Hieronimo is reminded by the citizens of Horatio, he brings out what prop?
4. Who comes in, calms Bel-Imperia and leads her out after her soliloquy in act 3, Scene 9?
5. Lorenzo tells Bel-Imperia that something has angered Castile. What does he say this thing is?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)