|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lorenzo tell Castile that he has kept Hieronimo from the king?
(a) Because Hieronimo will prevent the marraige of Balthazar.
(b) Because Hieronimo will remind the king of Horatio.
(c) Because he is afraid Hieronimo will reveal his crime.
(d) Because Hieronimo is unstable.
2. In Act 3, Scene 14, the king announces that Bel-Imperia and Balthazar are to be married if what condition is met?
(a) Balthazar agrees.
(b) Bel-Imperia forgets Horatio.
(c) Bel-Imperia agrees.
(d) The viceroy agrees.
3. Why does Isabella not take the advice in Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) Because she is allergic to the remedies.
(b) Because her husband has advised against it.
(c) Because she says there's no medicine for her heart.
(d) She does take the advice.
4. Which of the following statements describes the depiction of the afterlife in Act 3, Scene 8?
5. After Hieronimo discovers that Balthazar and Lorenzo were definitely behind Horatio's murder, what does he decide to do?
(a) Go to the king and plead for justice.
(b) Kill Bel-Imperia to sadden Balthazar.
(c) Erect a statue in memory of Horatio.
(d) Kill Lorenzo and Balthazar.
6. What does the viceroy say that he will do after the marriage of Bel-Imperia and Balthazar?
(a) Raise money for orphans.
(b) Build a castle for Balthazar.
(c) Withdraw from public life and devote himself to prayer.
(d) Kill Lorenzo.
7. When the ambassador and the king discuss ransom for Horatio, how does the king feel about Horatio's death?
(a) He is saddened by his death
(b) He doesn't know he is dead.
(c) He is excited by his death.
(d) He is relieved by his death.
8. Hieronimo says that he wrote a play when?
(a) When he got the job as marshal.
(b) When he lost his son.
(c) When his son was born.
(d) When he was a student.
9. What does the letter say that Horatio discovers Bel-Imperia left him?
(a) She is in love with Balthazar.
(b) Horatio was a traitor.
(c) Balthazar and Lorenzo killed Horatio.
(d) Lorenzo does not deserve to die.
10. How does Balthazar respond to Bel-Imperia's rejection?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He is calm.
(d) He is wounded.
11. Who gives Isabella advice in Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) Her maid.
(c) A servant.
12. After Balthazar and Lorenzo are told that Serberine has been shot, what is Lorenzo's reaction?
(a) To help Pedringano find a hiding place.
(b) To tell Balthazar the truth about the murder.
(c) To have Pedringano executed.
(d) To hide himself, knowing he will be found guilty.
13. In Act 3, Scene 2, Hieronimo speaks _______ rich with emotional, violent imagery of how miserable he is after the death of Horatio and his plans for revenge.
(a) A soliloquy.
(b) A conversation.
(c) A lecture.
(d) An aside.
14. What role will Hieronimo play in the play that he wrote?
(a) A vengeful king who hangs himself.
(b) A wronged lover that kills his wife.
(c) An evil manipulater that orchestrates misery.
(d) A mercenary who avenges death.
15. How are Bel-Imperia and Lorenzo related?
(a) Lorenzo is Bel-Imperia's brother-in-law.
(b) Lorenzo is Bel-Imperia's cousin.
(c) Lorenzo is not related to Bel-Imperia.
(d) Lorenzo is Bel-Imperia's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isabella do in the garden where Horatio was hanged to exact revenge?
2. What is contained in the box that Lorenzo gives a servant and says must remain closed?
3. In Act 3, Scene 10, of what does a servant reassure Lorenzo and Balthazar?
4. After approaching the king, which of the characters does Hieronimo plan on killing?
5. What does Hieronimo talk to Balthazar about regarding the play in Act 4, Scene 3?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)