|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Horatio interpret the letter Bel-Imperia left him upon finding it?
(a) As a misunderstanding.
(b) As a trap.
(c) As truth.
(d) As a forced letter.
2. In Act 3, Scene 14, the king announces that Bel-Imperia and Balthazar are to be married if what condition is met?
(a) The viceroy agrees.
(b) Bel-Imperia forgets Horatio.
(c) Balthazar agrees.
(d) Bel-Imperia agrees.
3. What does Lorenzo give to Pedringano to encourage him to help in killing Serberine?
(a) A title.
(b) A bag of gold.
(c) A pardon.
(d) A house.
4. How does Balthazar respond to Bel-Imperia's rejection?
(a) He is relieved.
(b) He is calm.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is wounded.
5. What advice does Lorenzo give Balthazar regarding Bel-Imperia?
(a) To be forward and aggressive with Bel-Imperia.
(b) To be cunning, careful, and jesting with Bel-Imperia.
(c) To trap Bel-Imperia again and keep her in his cellar.
(d) To take Bel-Imperia immediately to be married.
6. In Act 3, Scene 10, of what does a servant reassure Lorenzo and Balthazar?
(a) That Bel-Imperia is dead.
(b) That Serberine is dead.
(c) That Pedringano is dead..
(d) That Hieronimo is dead.
7. How does the ambassador say the viceroy feels about the idea of marriage between Balthazar and Bel-Imperia?
(a) He is saddened by it.
(b) He thinks it is a bad idea.
(c) He approves of it.
(d) He is surprised by it.
8. In Act 3, Scene 2, Hieronimo speaks _______ rich with emotional, violent imagery of how miserable he is after the death of Horatio and his plans for revenge.
(a) A soliloquy.
(b) A lecture.
(c) A conversation.
(d) An aside.
9. What is contained in the box that Lorenzo gives a servant and says must remain closed?
(d) Pedringano's pardon.
10. Who does Lorenzo think gave Hieronimo the note revealing his and Balthazar's guilt?
11. What excuse does Lorenzo give Bel-Imperia for imprisoning her?
(a) He says it was to persuade her to love Balthazar.
(b) He says it was to prevent grief.
(c) He says it was for her own honor.
(d) He says he was deciding whether to kill her.
12. Who does Lorenzo say can get messages through to Bel-Imperia?
13. Why is Bel-Imperia frustrated with Hieronimo?
(a) For being slow in taking revenge for Horatio's death.
(b) For not being a good role model.
(c) For not having proper morals.
(d) For not interfering with her marriage.
14. When the ambassador and the king discuss ransom for Horatio, how does the king feel about Horatio's death?
(a) He is saddened by his death
(b) He is relieved by his death.
(c) He doesn't know he is dead.
(d) He is excited by his death.
15. Why does Isabella not take the advice in Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) Because she is allergic to the remedies.
(b) She does take the advice.
(c) Because she says there's no medicine for her heart.
(d) Because her husband has advised against it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does Hieronimo NOT ask to act in his play?
2. In Act 3, Scene 11, the king comes in with the ambassador, Castile, and Lorenzo, discussing what?
3. In Act 3, Scene 9, what does Bel-Imperia soliloquize about?
4. How does Isabella feel about the tree from which Horatio was hanged?
5. Hieronimo calls to Pedringano, and Lorenzo follows him and tells Pedringano that Bel-Imperia has been hidden by whom?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)