|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the god of the dead?
2. Whom does Balthazar request as his companion when he is captured?
3. How does the ambassador prove to the viceroy that Balthazar is alive?
(a) He brings a photo of Balthazar.
(b) He vouches for Alexandro's innocence.
(c) He tells him that his servant says Balthazar is alive.
(d) He gives the viceroy letters from Balthazar.
4. When the king arrives, what reason does Balthazar whisper to Bel-Imperia that he is still alive?
(a) Because the Spanish are coming for him.
(b) Because he loves her.
(c) Because he is a spy.
(d) Because he is being held for ransom.
5. What does Lorenzo promise he will do while Balthazar distracts himself with sport and partying?
(a) Convince the viceroy to give Balthazar money.
(b) Convince the king to make Balthazar a general.
(c) Convince Revenge to save Balthazar.
(d) Convince Bel-Imperia to love Balthazar.
6. How does the viceroy respond to Alexandro's claims about Balthazar?
(a) He wants to take a search party to find him immediately.
(b) He is furious.
(c) He is ecstatic.
(d) He does not believe him.
7. What does Alexandro tell the viceroy about Balthazar?
(a) That he is a prisoner.
(b) That is is well-respected.
(c) That he was given a respectful burial.
(d) That he still lives.
8. Why does Balthazar come to visit Bel-Imperia in the Spanish court?
(a) To reveal Andrea's guilt.
(b) To trick her.
(c) To court her.
(d) To kill her.
9. Why does Hieronimo urge Isabella to be calm and conceal her grief after Horatio's death?
(a) So he can better conduct an investigation.
(b) Because she is annoying him.
(c) Because grief is unladylike.
(d) Because he wants to pretend that Horatio is alive.
10. What excuse does Villuppo give for lying about Balthazar's death?
(a) He says he wanted to kill Balthazar.
(b) He says he hates Alexandro.
(c) He says he wanted to gain the viceroy's favor.
(d) He says Balthazar desired to escape.
11. How do Lorenzo and the others kill Horatio?
(a) Hang him and stab him.
(b) Shoot him and stab him.
(c) Trample him with a horse.
(d) Draw and quarter him.
12. Why does the viceroy command Alexandro's imprisonment?
(a) He believes that he is a poor soldier.
(b) He wants Villuppo to admit his lie.
(c) He believes that he is lying about Villuppo's guilt.
(d) He believes that he killed Balthazar.
13. Who does the viceroy ask to bring Alexandro to him in Act 3, Scene 1?
(b) The courtier.
14. To whom does the king send a message via the Portuguese ambassador regarding the marriage of Bel-Imperia and Balthazar?
(c) The viceroy.
15. Which title does Balthazar hold?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hieronimo expected at the king's banquet in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. What is Alexandro tied to in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Which of the following does the viceroy not lament during his aside to his two courtiers?
4. Where is the viceroy when he speaks with two warriors/courtiers in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. Which of the following characters' motives are exposed and explained in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)