|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the viceroy command Alexandro's imprisonment?
(a) He believes that he killed Balthazar.
(b) He believes that he is lying about Villuppo's guilt.
(c) He believes that he is a poor soldier.
(d) He wants Villuppo to admit his lie.
2. Does Castile give a time frame for the marriage between Balthazar and Bel-Imperia?
(a) No, he says she will not get married.
(b) Yes, he says it will happen within the year.
(c) Yes, he says it will happen in a month.
(d) No, he says she will come around in time.
3. What excuse does Villuppo give for lying about Balthazar's death?
(a) He says he wanted to gain the viceroy's favor.
(b) He says he hates Alexandro.
(c) He says he wanted to kill Balthazar.
(d) He says Balthazar desired to escape.
4. How does Revenge respond to the Ghost's complaints that he doesn't want to watch his friend being slain?
(a) Soon he will see what he wants to see.
(b) Revenge picked the wrong man to kill.
(c) He doesn't get to pick what he sees.
(d) Revenge will only do what he wants to do.
5. About whom does a courtier make a comment to the viceroy, saying that he is surprised could be filled with so much hate in regard to Balthazar's death?
6. Why does the king want a marriage between Bel-Imperia and Balthazar?
(a) He has been bribed by Lorenzo and wants his reward.
(b) It will cement the peace between Spain and Portugal.
(c) He wants what is best for Balthazar.
(d) He wants what is best for Bel-Imperia.
7. Once Villuppo tells the viceroy what happened to Balthazar, what does the viceroy say?
(a) The viceroy praises Villuppo's bravery.
(b) The viceroy accuses Villuppo of accepting a bribe.
(c) The viceroy praises Alexandro's bravery.
(d) The viceroy accuses Alexandro of accepting a bribe.
8. Who is Pedringano?
(a) Bel-Imperia's servant.
(b) Bel-Imperia's brother.
(c) Lorenzo's brother.
(d) Lorenzo's servant.
9. Which of the following characters does not have a say in the marriage between Balthazar and Bel-Imperia?
(b) The king.
10. What does Lorenzo promise he will do while Balthazar distracts himself with sport and partying?
(a) Convince the king to make Balthazar a general.
(b) Convince Bel-Imperia to love Balthazar.
(c) Convince the viceroy to give Balthazar money.
(d) Convince Revenge to save Balthazar.
11. At the end of Act 3, Scene 1, what are the fates of Villuppo and Alexandro?
(a) Villuppo is to be executed and Alexandro remain in prison.
(b) Villuppo is to be executed and Alexandro publicly exonerated.
(c) They are both to be executed.
(d) Alexandro is to be executed and Villuppo imprisoned.
12. What does Hieronimo keep to remind him of Horatio and his need for revenge?
(a) A lock of hair.
(b) A metal cross.
(c) A torn glove.
(d) A bloody handkercheif.
13. What does Alexandro tell the viceroy about Balthazar?
(a) That he still lives.
(b) That is is well-respected.
(c) That he was given a respectful burial.
(d) That he is a prisoner.
14. What decision do Bel-Imperia and Horatio make as Balthazar and Lorenzo look on?
(a) They decide to split up.
(b) They decide to kill Balthazar.
(c) They decide to run away.
(d) They decide to marry.
15. Who are the two warriors/courtiers with whom the viceroy speaks in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Lorenzo and Horatio.
(b) Balthazar and Alexandro.
(c) Don Pedro and Hieronimo.
(d) Alexandro and Villupo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Villuppo tell the viceroy about what happened to Balthazar?
2. What does the Ghost complain to Revenge that he should be seeing instead of his friend being slain?
3. How is Hieronimo dressed when he comes out to investigate Bel-Imperia's calls for help?
4. To what play is The Spanish Tragedy a sequel?
5. What does Bel-Imperia drop after her visit with Balthazar in Act 1, Scene 4?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)