|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After finding out that Bel-Imperia has feelings for Horatio, what does Lorenzo say must happen for Bel-Imperia to love Balthazar?
(a) Bel-Imperia must be convinced Balthazar is richer than Horatio.
(b) Bel-Imperia must be convinced Balthazar is smarter than Horatio.
(c) Bel-Imperia must be convinced Balthazar is stronger than Horatio.
(d) Horatio must be taken out of the picture.
2. How does Revenge respond to the Ghost's complaints that he doesn't want to watch his friend being slain?
(a) He doesn't get to pick what he sees.
(b) Revenge picked the wrong man to kill.
(c) Soon he will see what he wants to see.
(d) Revenge will only do what he wants to do.
3. Why is Proserpine allowed to return to earth for six months of the year?
(a) To visit her friends.
(b) To roam the earth in pity.
(c) To be with her mother.
(d) To exert revenge.
4. Which of the following characters is not present when a general reports to progress of Spain's war with Portugal in Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) Don Pedro.
(c) The Duke of Castile.
(d) The Spanish king.
5. Who are the two warriors/courtiers with whom the viceroy speaks in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Lorenzo and Horatio.
(b) Balthazar and Alexandro.
(c) Alexandro and Villupo.
(d) Don Pedro and Hieronimo.
6. Which of the following does the viceroy not lament during his aside to his two courtiers?
(a) Balthazar being lost to him.
(b) Having not killed enough enemies.
(c) Spending too much money on the war.
(d) Being defeated.
7. Why does Hieronimo urge Isabella to be calm and conceal her grief after Horatio's death?
(a) Because he wants to pretend that Horatio is alive.
(b) So he can better conduct an investigation.
(c) Because grief is unladylike.
(d) Because she is annoying him.
8. What decision do Bel-Imperia and Horatio make as Balthazar and Lorenzo look on?
(a) They decide to kill Balthazar.
(b) They decide to run away.
(c) They decide to split up.
(d) They decide to marry.
9. How does the king greet Balthazar when he receives him as a prisoner?
10. Who is Pedringano?
(a) Bel-Imperia's servant.
(b) Lorenzo's servant.
(c) Lorenzo's brother.
(d) Bel-Imperia's brother.
11. What story does Villuppo tell the viceroy about what happened to Balthazar?
(a) Villippo says he killed Balthazar with his own hands.
(b) Villuppo says Balthazar is indeed alive and is being held prisoner.
(c) Villuppo says Balthazar is indeed alive and will return.
(d) Villuppo says Balthazar was shot in the back by Alexandro.
12. In the underworld, to whom do the governing spirits send Andrea to be judged?
13. When Pedringano says he does not know whom Bel-Imperia is in love with, how does Lorenzo respond?
(a) He draws his sword.
(b) He begins crying in despair.
(c) He drops the subject.
(d) He sighs in frustration.
14. Which of the following does the Ambassador NOT do in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Promise to pass the king's message to the viceroy.
(b) Tell the king that Balthazar has sent his regards.
(c) Tell the king the ransom has been paid.
(d) Promise to kill Horatio.
15. Who challenged Don Pedro during the battle between Portugal and Spain?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Hieronimo dressed when he comes out to investigate Bel-Imperia's calls for help?
2. In the myth referenced in the play, what does Proserpine bring with her when she returns to the Earth?
3. When the procession in Act 1, Scene 2 passes by the king, to whom does the king demand a reward be given?
4. Does Castile give a time frame for the marriage between Balthazar and Bel-Imperia?
5. As Bel-Imperia calls for help after Lorenzo, Balthazar, Pedringano, and Serberine enter disguised, who grabs Bel-Imperia?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)