|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once Villuppo tells the viceroy what happened to Balthazar, what does the viceroy say?
(a) The viceroy accuses Villuppo of accepting a bribe.
(b) The viceroy praises Alexandro's bravery.
(c) The viceroy accuses Alexandro of accepting a bribe.
(d) The viceroy praises Villuppo's bravery.
2. What does the king tell Castile to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Convince Bel-Imperia to open her heart to Balthazar.
(b) Pay a higher ransom to obtain Balthazar.
(c) Pray to God to bring Andrea back.
(d) Meet Balthazar privately.
3. To whom does the king send a message via the Portuguese ambassador regarding the marriage of Bel-Imperia and Balthazar?
(c) The viceroy.
4. Who brings Andrea back to the living from the underworld?
5. What does the king ask Castile in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) If Bel-Imperia is faking her love.
(b) If Castile approves of the marriage between Bel-Imperia and Balthazar.
(c) When Bel-Imperia and Balthazar will marry.
(d) How Bel-Imperia feels about being courted by Balthazar.
6. Who is Horatio's father?
(c) Don Pedro.
7. Who is Serberine?
(a) Bel-Imperia's servant.
(b) Balthazar's servant.
(c) Lorenzo's servant.
(d) Horatio's servant.
8. What does Alexandro tell the viceroy about Balthazar?
(a) That he still lives.
(b) That he is a prisoner.
(c) That he was given a respectful burial.
(d) That is is well-respected.
9. Why does the viceroy order that Alexandro be brought to him in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) So Alexandro can be questioned.
(b) So Alexandro can be executed.
(c) So Alexandro can be rewarded.
(d) So Alexandro can be released.
10. Who does the viceroy ask to bring Alexandro to him in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The courtier.
11. What decision do Bel-Imperia and Horatio make as Balthazar and Lorenzo look on?
(a) They decide to split up.
(b) They decide to marry.
(c) They decide to run away.
(d) They decide to kill Balthazar.
12. What excuse does Villuppo give for lying about Balthazar's death?
(a) He says Balthazar desired to escape.
(b) He says he hates Alexandro.
(c) He says he wanted to gain the viceroy's favor.
(d) He says he wanted to kill Balthazar.
13. When the procession in Act 1, Scene 2 passes by the king, to whom does the king demand a reward be given?
(a) Horatio and Balthazar.
(b) Andrea and Lorenzo.
(c) All the soldiers.
(d) Lorenzo and Balthazar.
14. How does the king greet Balthazar when he receives him as a prisoner?
15. Who helps Balthazar and Lorenzo find a hiding place to listen and watch Bel-Imperia and Horatio talk?
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Villuppo tell the viceroy about what happened to Balthazar?
2. As Bel-Imperia and Horatio return to the banquet after their private conversation, where does Lorenzo say Horatio's soul is headed soon?
3. How does the audience know what Balthazar and Lorenzo are thinking as they secretly watch Bel-Imperia and Horatio?
4. Where is the viceroy when he speaks with two warriors/courtiers in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. When Pedringano appears on stage for the first time, of what does Lorenzo remind him?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)