|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Pedringano say he found out about Bel-Imperia and Horatio's relationship?
(a) By the admission of Bel-Imperia.
(b) By seeing love letters she sent Horatio.
(c) By spying on them in the garden.
(d) By overhearing the maids talking about it.
2. As Bel-Imperia calls for help after Lorenzo, Balthazar, Pedringano, and Serberine enter disguised, who grabs Bel-Imperia?
3. In Act 1, Scene 5, how does Revenge respond to the Ghost's question about why he's being made to sit through a celebration of the man who killed him?
(a) Revenge says the joy of all characters will be turned to misery.
(b) Revenge says that he is actually the guilty one.
(c) Revenge says that he likes seeing the Ghost's pain.
(d) Revenge says the characters are not as happy as they seem.
4. Whom does Balthazar request as his companion when he is captured?
5. To whom does the king send a message via the Portuguese ambassador regarding the marriage of Bel-Imperia and Balthazar?
(d) The viceroy.
6. Why does the viceroy order that Alexandro be brought to him in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) So Alexandro can be released.
(b) So Alexandro can be rewarded.
(c) So Alexandro can be executed.
(d) So Alexandro can be questioned.
7. Who leads the procession that appears after the trumpet sounds in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Lorenzo and Don Pedro.
(b) Lorenzo and Horatio.
(c) Balthazar and Lorenzo.
(d) Andrea and Balthazar.
8. As Bel-Imperia and Horatio return to the banquet after their private conversation, where does Lorenzo say Horatio's soul is headed soon?
(a) "Eternal night."
(b) "True love."
(c) "Trap of marriage."
9. Who helps Balthazar and Lorenzo find a hiding place to listen and watch Bel-Imperia and Horatio talk?
10. To whom does Bel-Imperia find herself attracted in Act 1, Scene 4?
11. Why is Hieronimo expected at the king's banquet in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) To deliver the tribute.
(b) To cater the party.
(c) He is not invited.
(d) To provide the entertainment.
12. Who accompanies the Ghost who appears in Act 1, Scene 1?
13. What does Alexandro tell the viceroy about Balthazar?
(a) That he is a prisoner.
(b) That he still lives.
(c) That he was given a respectful burial.
(d) That is is well-respected.
14. Which of the following characters does not have a say in the marriage between Balthazar and Bel-Imperia?
(a) The king.
15. How does Hieronimo recognize Horatio's body after he is hanged?
(a) From his face.
(b) From his watch.
(c) From his clothes.
(d) From his shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Lorenzo try to assure Balthazar at the start of Act 2?
2. What story does Villuppo tell the viceroy about what happened to Balthazar?
3. After finding out that Bel-Imperia has feelings for Horatio, what does Lorenzo say must happen for Bel-Imperia to love Balthazar?
4. If Balthazar and Bel-Imperia have a son, over which country will he be king?
5. How is Hieronimo dressed when he comes out to investigate Bel-Imperia's calls for help?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)