|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Bel-Imperia calls for help after Lorenzo, Balthazar, Pedringano, and Serberine enter disguised, who grabs Bel-Imperia?
2. When Pedringano says he does not know whom Bel-Imperia is in love with, how does Lorenzo respond?
(a) He drops the subject.
(b) He draws his sword.
(c) He sighs in frustration.
(d) He begins crying in despair.
3. Why is Proserpine allowed to return to earth for six months of the year?
(a) To visit her friends.
(b) To exert revenge.
(c) To roam the earth in pity.
(d) To be with her mother.
4. At the end of Act 3, Scene 1, what are the fates of Villuppo and Alexandro?
(a) Villuppo is to be executed and Alexandro publicly exonerated.
(b) Villuppo is to be executed and Alexandro remain in prison.
(c) Alexandro is to be executed and Villuppo imprisoned.
(d) They are both to be executed.
5. Whom does Balthazar request as his companion when he is captured?
6. Which of the following is not a way that the Scene 1 in the play acts?
(a) As a frame.
(b) As exposition.
(c) As foreshadowing.
(d) As a prologue.
7. How long does the king say Balthazar will be kept prisoner in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Until the tribute is paid.
(b) A lifetime.
(c) Two months.
(d) He will be immediately released.
8. As Bel-Imperia and Horatio return to the banquet after their private conversation, where does Lorenzo say Horatio's soul is headed soon?
(b) "Trap of marriage."
(c) "Eternal night."
(d) "True love."
9. Which of the following characters is not present when a general reports to progress of Spain's war with Portugal in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The Spanish king.
(b) Don Pedro.
(d) The Duke of Castile.
10. What does the king ask Castile in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) If Castile approves of the marriage between Bel-Imperia and Balthazar.
(b) When Bel-Imperia and Balthazar will marry.
(c) If Bel-Imperia is faking her love.
(d) How Bel-Imperia feels about being courted by Balthazar.
11. How is Hieronimo dressed when he comes out to investigate Bel-Imperia's calls for help?
(a) In armor.
(b) In a suit.
(c) In his underwear.
(d) In his nightshirt.
12. When Bel-Imperia tells Pedringano to watch the gate as she and Horatio speak, what does Pedringano do?
(a) Watches the gate.
(b) Finds Castile.
(c) Follows the couple.
(d) Fetches Lorenzo.
13. How does the king interpret the the use of warriors in the play presented at his banquet?
(a) As an insult to his abilities.
(b) As a threat to his safety.
(c) As representative of his own status as a warrior.
(d) He has no interpretation.
14. Who does the viceroy ask to bring Alexandro to him in Act 3, Scene 1?
(c) The courtier.
15. Which of the following describes the viceroy's complaints at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) They are full of alliteration.
(b) They are extravagant.
(c) They are written in rhyme.
(d) They are written in blank verse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the king and his people celebrate their victory in the battle against Portugal?
2. Why does the viceroy order that Alexandro be brought to him in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Who accompanies the Ghost who appears in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does the viceroy confirm with the two warriors/courtiers in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. Why does Hieronimo urge Isabella to be calm and conceal her grief after Horatio's death?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)