|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the king interpret the the use of warriors in the play presented at his banquet?
(a) As representative of his own status as a warrior.
(b) As an insult to his abilities.
(c) As a threat to his safety.
(d) He has no interpretation.
2. Who is the god of the dead?
3. Where is the viceroy when he speaks with two warriors/courtiers in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The Spanish castle.
(b) The battlefield.
(c) The Imperial Gardens.
(d) The Portuguese court.
4. What does Bel-Imperia drop after her visit with Balthazar in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A glove.
(c) A teacup.
(d) A knife.
5. Who is Pedringano?
(a) Bel-Imperia's brother.
(b) Bel-Imperia's servant.
(c) Lorenzo's servant.
(d) Lorenzo's brother.
6. Once Villuppo tells the viceroy what happened to Balthazar, what does the viceroy say?
(a) The viceroy praises Alexandro's bravery.
(b) The viceroy accuses Alexandro of accepting a bribe.
(c) The viceroy accuses Villuppo of accepting a bribe.
(d) The viceroy praises Villuppo's bravery.
7. Which of the following characters' motives are exposed and explained in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The ambassador's.
(c) The king's.
8. How does the ambassador prove to the viceroy that Balthazar is alive?
(a) He vouches for Alexandro's innocence.
(b) He gives the viceroy letters from Balthazar.
(c) He brings a photo of Balthazar.
(d) He tells him that his servant says Balthazar is alive.
9. Where was Andrea slain?
(a) In the forest.
(b) In a battle.
(c) In a cave.
(d) In his castle.
10. About whom does a courtier make a comment to the viceroy, saying that he is surprised could be filled with so much hate in regard to Balthazar's death?
11. Why does Balthazar come to visit Bel-Imperia in the Spanish court?
(a) To reveal Andrea's guilt.
(b) To kill her.
(c) To court her.
(d) To trick her.
12. How long does the king say Balthazar will be kept prisoner in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A lifetime.
(b) Two months.
(c) Until the tribute is paid.
(d) He will be immediately released.
13. In the underworld, to whom do the governing spirits send Andrea to be judged?
14. What does the viceroy confirm with the two warriors/courtiers in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) That the war is not yet over.
(b) That Portugal has been defeated.
(c) That Spain has been defeated.
(d) That an ambassador has been sent to Spain with tribute money.
15. How does Pedringano say he found out about Bel-Imperia and Horatio's relationship?
(a) By spying on them in the garden.
(b) By overhearing the maids talking about it.
(c) By the admission of Bel-Imperia.
(d) By seeing love letters she sent Horatio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Andrea told he is brought back from the underworld?
2. What does Hieronimo keep to remind him of Horatio and his need for revenge?
3. Of what does Lorenzo try to assure Balthazar at the start of Act 2?
4. Who are the two warriors/courtiers with whom the viceroy speaks in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What does the Ghost complain to Revenge that he should be seeing instead of his friend being slain?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)