|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters does not have a say in the marriage between Balthazar and Bel-Imperia?
(b) The king.
2. Why does the viceroy command Alexandro's imprisonment?
(a) He believes that he is lying about Villuppo's guilt.
(b) He wants Villuppo to admit his lie.
(c) He believes that he is a poor soldier.
(d) He believes that he killed Balthazar.
3. If Balthazar and Bel-Imperia have a son, over which country will he be king?
(a) Only Portugal.
(b) Both Spain and Portugal.
(c) Neither Spain nor Portugal.
(d) Only Spain.
4. What does Hieronimo keep to remind him of Horatio and his need for revenge?
(a) A torn glove.
(b) A metal cross.
(c) A bloody handkercheif.
(d) A lock of hair.
5. How does the audience know what Balthazar and Lorenzo are thinking as they secretly watch Bel-Imperia and Horatio?
(a) Balthazar and Lorenzo interject comments that the other characters cannot hear.
(b) The audience does not know what they are thinking.
(c) Balthazar and Lorenzo hold up signs showing what they are thinking.
(d) Balthazar and Lorenzo mime what they are thinking.
6. Immediately after Hieronimo and Isabella lament the death of Horatio and talk about how happy he was at dinner, what does Hieronimo do?
(a) Begins to plan his revenge on the men who killed Horatio.
(b) Acts like the body is of a stranger and calls for Horatio.
(c) Arranges a proper burial for Horatio.
(d) Promises to comfort his wife.
7. Why does Balthazar come to visit Bel-Imperia in the Spanish court?
(a) To reveal Andrea's guilt.
(b) To court her.
(c) To kill her.
(d) To trick her.
8. Which of the following does the viceroy not lament during his aside to his two courtiers?
(a) Spending too much money on the war.
(b) Balthazar being lost to him.
(c) Being defeated.
(d) Having not killed enough enemies.
9. Where was Andrea slain?
(a) In the forest.
(b) In a cave.
(c) In a battle.
(d) In his castle.
10. How long does the king say Balthazar will be kept prisoner in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He will be immediately released.
(b) A lifetime.
(c) Two months.
(d) Until the tribute is paid.
11. Who are the two warriors/courtiers with whom the viceroy speaks in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Lorenzo and Horatio.
(b) Alexandro and Villupo.
(c) Don Pedro and Hieronimo.
(d) Balthazar and Alexandro.
12. What story does Villuppo tell the viceroy about what happened to Balthazar?
(a) Villuppo says Balthazar was shot in the back by Alexandro.
(b) Villuppo says Balthazar is indeed alive and will return.
(c) Villippo says he killed Balthazar with his own hands.
(d) Villuppo says Balthazar is indeed alive and is being held prisoner.
13. When Bel-Imperia tells Pedringano to watch the gate as she and Horatio speak, what does Pedringano do?
(a) Finds Castile.
(b) Follows the couple.
(c) Fetches Lorenzo.
(d) Watches the gate.
14. About whom does a courtier make a comment to the viceroy, saying that he is surprised could be filled with so much hate in regard to Balthazar's death?
15. How does Hieronimo recognize Horatio's body after he is hanged?
(a) From his shoes.
(b) From his clothes.
(c) From his face.
(d) From his watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 5, how does Revenge respond to the Ghost's question about why he's being made to sit through a celebration of the man who killed him?
2. Who is Serberine?
3. How does Revenge respond to the Ghost's complaints that he doesn't want to watch his friend being slain?
4. How do the king and his people celebrate their victory in the battle against Portugal?
5. Who is the god of the dead?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)