|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does the viceroy not lament during his aside to his two courtiers?
(a) Spending too much money on the war.
(b) Having not killed enough enemies.
(c) Being defeated.
(d) Balthazar being lost to him.
2. In the underworld, to whom do the governing spirits send Andrea to be judged?
3. Immediately after Hieronimo and Isabella lament the death of Horatio and talk about how happy he was at dinner, what does Hieronimo do?
(a) Begins to plan his revenge on the men who killed Horatio.
(b) Promises to comfort his wife.
(c) Arranges a proper burial for Horatio.
(d) Acts like the body is of a stranger and calls for Horatio.
4. To whom does Bel-Imperia find herself attracted in Act 1, Scene 4?
5. Who is the god of the dead?
6. Which title does Balthazar hold?
7. What does the king ask Castile in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) If Castile approves of the marriage between Bel-Imperia and Balthazar.
(b) How Bel-Imperia feels about being courted by Balthazar.
(c) When Bel-Imperia and Balthazar will marry.
(d) If Bel-Imperia is faking her love.
8. How do Lorenzo and the others kill Horatio?
(a) Hang him and stab him.
(b) Draw and quarter him.
(c) Trample him with a horse.
(d) Shoot him and stab him.
9. How does the king greet Balthazar when he receives him as a prisoner?
10. What does the Ghost complain to Revenge that he should be seeing instead of his friend being slain?
(a) The death of Balthazar.
(b) The death of Lorenzo.
(c) The exhaltation of Horatio.
(d) The happiness of Bel-Imperia.
11. Which of the following literary devices are used to begin Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) An aside.
(d) Rhyming verse.
12. Where is the viceroy when he speaks with two warriors/courtiers in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The battlefield.
(b) The Spanish castle.
(c) The Imperial Gardens.
(d) The Portuguese court.
13. Which of the following does the Ambassador NOT do in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Tell the king the ransom has been paid.
(b) Promise to kill Horatio.
(c) Tell the king that Balthazar has sent his regards.
(d) Promise to pass the king's message to the viceroy.
14. How does the ambassador prove to the viceroy that Balthazar is alive?
(a) He brings a photo of Balthazar.
(b) He tells him that his servant says Balthazar is alive.
(c) He vouches for Alexandro's innocence.
(d) He gives the viceroy letters from Balthazar.
15. Who does the viceroy ask to bring Alexandro to him in Act 3, Scene 1?
(b) The courtier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Horatio's father?
2. Where was Andrea slain?
3. Why does the king want a marriage between Bel-Imperia and Balthazar?
4. Once Villuppo tells the viceroy what happened to Balthazar, what does the viceroy say?
5. What does Alexandro tell the viceroy about Balthazar?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)