|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 3, Scene 1, what are the fates of Villuppo and Alexandro?
(a) Alexandro is to be executed and Villuppo imprisoned.
(b) Villuppo is to be executed and Alexandro publicly exonerated.
(c) Villuppo is to be executed and Alexandro remain in prison.
(d) They are both to be executed.
2. What excuse does Villuppo give for lying about Balthazar's death?
(a) He says he hates Alexandro.
(b) He says he wanted to gain the viceroy's favor.
(c) He says he wanted to kill Balthazar.
(d) He says Balthazar desired to escape.
3. What did Horatio insist happen to Andrea's body after his death?
(a) He insisted that the body be left on the battlefield.
(b) Nothing, He doesn't believe Andrea is dead.
(c) He insisted that the body be burned in a pyre on a ship.
(d) He insisted that the body be brought back for a respectful burial.
4. Who is Pedringano?
(a) Lorenzo's brother.
(b) Bel-Imperia's servant.
(c) Bel-Imperia's brother.
(d) Lorenzo's servant.
5. When the king arrives, what reason does Balthazar whisper to Bel-Imperia that he is still alive?
(a) Because he loves her.
(b) Because the Spanish are coming for him.
(c) Because he is a spy.
(d) Because he is being held for ransom.
6. In the Spanish court, who pleads with Horatio to tell her more about the circumstances of Andrea's death, referring poetically to how much she loved him?
7. Why is Proserpine allowed to return to earth for six months of the year?
(a) To be with her mother.
(b) To roam the earth in pity.
(c) To exert revenge.
(d) To visit her friends.
8. How does Revenge respond to the Ghost's complaints that he doesn't want to watch his friend being slain?
(a) Soon he will see what he wants to see.
(b) Revenge picked the wrong man to kill.
(c) He doesn't get to pick what he sees.
(d) Revenge will only do what he wants to do.
9. What does Castile say about Bel-Imperia's feelings for Balthazar in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) She is only pretending not to love him.
(b) She wants to express her love for him.
(c) She will never love him.
(d) She does not love him.
10. Why does Balthazar come to visit Bel-Imperia in the Spanish court?
(a) To kill her.
(b) To trick her.
(c) To reveal Andrea's guilt.
(d) To court her.
11. What does Hieronimo keep to remind him of Horatio and his need for revenge?
(a) A lock of hair.
(b) A bloody handkercheif.
(c) A torn glove.
(d) A metal cross.
12. How does the audience know what Balthazar and Lorenzo are thinking as they secretly watch Bel-Imperia and Horatio?
(a) Balthazar and Lorenzo interject comments that the other characters cannot hear.
(b) Balthazar and Lorenzo mime what they are thinking.
(c) The audience does not know what they are thinking.
(d) Balthazar and Lorenzo hold up signs showing what they are thinking.
13. How does Pedringano say he found out about Bel-Imperia and Horatio's relationship?
(a) By spying on them in the garden.
(b) By seeing love letters she sent Horatio.
(c) By the admission of Bel-Imperia.
(d) By overhearing the maids talking about it.
14. Who accompanies the Ghost who appears in Act 1, Scene 1?
15. Which of the following does the Ambassador NOT do in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Tell the king that Balthazar has sent his regards.
(b) Promise to pass the king's message to the viceroy.
(c) Promise to kill Horatio.
(d) Tell the king the ransom has been paid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Horatio's father?
2. When the procession in Act 1, Scene 2 passes by the king, to whom does the king demand a reward be given?
3. How is Hieronimo dressed when he comes out to investigate Bel-Imperia's calls for help?
4. Why does the king want a marriage between Bel-Imperia and Balthazar?
5. Who does the viceroy ask to bring Alexandro to him in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)