|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the king greet Balthazar when he receives him as a prisoner?
2. Once Villuppo tells the viceroy what happened to Balthazar, what does the viceroy say?
(a) The viceroy praises Villuppo's bravery.
(b) The viceroy accuses Villuppo of accepting a bribe.
(c) The viceroy praises Alexandro's bravery.
(d) The viceroy accuses Alexandro of accepting a bribe.
3. To whom does Bel-Imperia find herself attracted in Act 1, Scene 4?
4. When the procession in Act 1, Scene 2 passes by the king, to whom does the king demand a reward be given?
(a) Lorenzo and Balthazar.
(b) All the soldiers.
(c) Andrea and Lorenzo.
(d) Horatio and Balthazar.
5. In Act 1, Scene 5, how does Revenge respond to the Ghost's question about why he's being made to sit through a celebration of the man who killed him?
(a) Revenge says the characters are not as happy as they seem.
(b) Revenge says that he likes seeing the Ghost's pain.
(c) Revenge says the joy of all characters will be turned to misery.
(d) Revenge says that he is actually the guilty one.
6. Why is Proserpine allowed to return to earth for six months of the year?
(a) To roam the earth in pity.
(b) To exert revenge.
(c) To visit her friends.
(d) To be with her mother.
7. As Bel-Imperia and Horatio return to the banquet after their private conversation, where does Lorenzo say Horatio's soul is headed soon?
(a) "Trap of marriage."
(c) "True love."
(d) "Eternal night."
8. What story does Villuppo tell the viceroy about what happened to Balthazar?
(a) Villuppo says Balthazar is indeed alive and is being held prisoner.
(b) Villuppo says Balthazar is indeed alive and will return.
(c) Villippo says he killed Balthazar with his own hands.
(d) Villuppo says Balthazar was shot in the back by Alexandro.
9. Who is the god of the dead?
10. What decision do Bel-Imperia and Horatio make as Balthazar and Lorenzo look on?
(a) They decide to run away.
(b) They decide to marry.
(c) They decide to kill Balthazar.
(d) They decide to split up.
11. What reason does the king give Castile for the marriage between Bel-Imperia and Balthazar?
(a) Bel-Imperia and Balthazar are in love.
(b) The marriage will cause a permanent separation of Spain and France.
(c) If she doesn't marry him, she is doing herself and her country a disservice.
(d) He will reward Castile by giving him money.
12. To whom does the king send a message via the Portuguese ambassador regarding the marriage of Bel-Imperia and Balthazar?
(b) The viceroy.
13. At the end of Act 3, Scene 1, what are the fates of Villuppo and Alexandro?
(a) Villuppo is to be executed and Alexandro publicly exonerated.
(b) Villuppo is to be executed and Alexandro remain in prison.
(c) They are both to be executed.
(d) Alexandro is to be executed and Villuppo imprisoned.
14. Who brings Andrea back to the living from the underworld?
15. What does the general report about the progress of Spain's war with Portugal in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Portugal has been defeated and the tribute will be paid.
(b) Spain has been defeated and the tribute will be paid.
(c) Portugal has won the war and will pay Spain a tribute.
(d) Spain has won the war and will pay Portugal a tribute.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two warriors/courtiers with whom the viceroy speaks in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What does the king tell Castile to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
3. When Pedringano appears on stage for the first time, of what does Lorenzo remind him?
4. Which title does Balthazar hold?
5. About whom does a courtier make a comment to the viceroy, saying that he is surprised could be filled with so much hate in regard to Balthazar's death?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)