|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Castile give a time frame for the marriage between Balthazar and Bel-Imperia?
(a) No, he says she will not get married.
(b) No, he says she will come around in time.
(c) Yes, he says it will happen in a month.
(d) Yes, he says it will happen within the year.
2. Why is Andrea told he is brought back from the underworld?
(a) To see how to write a play.
(b) To understand the hatred of humanity.
(c) To see revenge taken on the man who killed him.
(d) To kill his best friend.
3. How do Lorenzo and the others kill Horatio?
(a) Shoot him and stab him.
(b) Draw and quarter him.
(c) Hang him and stab him.
(d) Trample him with a horse.
4. How does the king greet Balthazar when he receives him as a prisoner?
5. As Bel-Imperia and Horatio return to the banquet after their private conversation, where does Lorenzo say Horatio's soul is headed soon?
(b) "Eternal night."
(c) "True love."
(d) "Trap of marriage."
6. Which of the following describes the viceroy's complaints at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) They are extravagant.
(b) They are written in rhyme.
(c) They are written in blank verse.
(d) They are full of alliteration.
7. As Bel-Imperia calls for help after Lorenzo, Balthazar, Pedringano, and Serberine enter disguised, who grabs Bel-Imperia?
8. Why is Hieronimo expected at the king's banquet in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) To deliver the tribute.
(b) He is not invited.
(c) To cater the party.
(d) To provide the entertainment.
9. What did Horatio insist happen to Andrea's body after his death?
(a) He insisted that the body be brought back for a respectful burial.
(b) He insisted that the body be left on the battlefield.
(c) Nothing, He doesn't believe Andrea is dead.
(d) He insisted that the body be burned in a pyre on a ship.
10. Who is the god of the dead?
11. Of what does Lorenzo try to assure Balthazar at the start of Act 2?
(a) That he is not guilty of murder.
(b) That he will inherit a position of power.
(c) That Bel-Imperia will love him.
(d) That his life is not at risk.
12. Who is the king's nephew?
13. About whom does a courtier make a comment to the viceroy, saying that he is surprised could be filled with so much hate in regard to Balthazar's death?
14. In Act 1, Scene 5, how does Revenge respond to the Ghost's question about why he's being made to sit through a celebration of the man who killed him?
(a) Revenge says the characters are not as happy as they seem.
(b) Revenge says the joy of all characters will be turned to misery.
(c) Revenge says that he is actually the guilty one.
(d) Revenge says that he likes seeing the Ghost's pain.
15. At the end of Act 3, Scene 1, what are the fates of Villuppo and Alexandro?
(a) They are both to be executed.
(b) Alexandro is to be executed and Villuppo imprisoned.
(c) Villuppo is to be executed and Alexandro remain in prison.
(d) Villuppo is to be executed and Alexandro publicly exonerated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Proserpine allowed to return to earth for six months of the year?
2. What decision do Bel-Imperia and Horatio make as Balthazar and Lorenzo look on?
3. If Balthazar and Bel-Imperia have a son, over which country will he be king?
4. What does the viceroy complain about as he enters the stage in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. In the underworld, to whom do the governing spirits send Andrea to be judged?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)