|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Revenge respond to the Ghost's complaints that he doesn't want to watch his friend being slain?
(a) Revenge will only do what he wants to do.
(b) Revenge picked the wrong man to kill.
(c) He doesn't get to pick what he sees.
(d) Soon he will see what he wants to see.
2. Who are the two warriors/courtiers with whom the viceroy speaks in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Balthazar and Alexandro.
(b) Don Pedro and Hieronimo.
(c) Alexandro and Villupo.
(d) Lorenzo and Horatio.
3. How do the king and his people celebrate their victory in the battle against Portugal?
(a) With a parade.
(b) With a ball.
(c) With a feast.
(d) With a new war.
4. As Bel-Imperia calls for help after Lorenzo, Balthazar, Pedringano, and Serberine enter disguised, who grabs Bel-Imperia?
5. To what play is The Spanish Tragedy a sequel?
(a) "The First Part of Hieronimo."
(b) "The Jew of Malta."
(c) "The Merry Wives of Windsor."
(d) "The Tragical History of Doctor Faustus."
6. Which of the following characters is not present when a general reports to progress of Spain's war with Portugal in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) The Duke of Castile.
(b) The Spanish king.
(c) Don Pedro.
7. Who is Serberine?
(a) Horatio's servant.
(b) Bel-Imperia's servant.
(c) Balthazar's servant.
(d) Lorenzo's servant.
8. What does Alexandro beg the viceroy to allow him to do in Act 3, Scene 1?
(c) Seek vengeance.
(d) Kill Villuppo.
9. How does Pedringano say he found out about Bel-Imperia and Horatio's relationship?
(a) By seeing love letters she sent Horatio.
(b) By overhearing the maids talking about it.
(c) By the admission of Bel-Imperia.
(d) By spying on them in the garden.
10. What does Hieronimo keep to remind him of Horatio and his need for revenge?
(a) A torn glove.
(b) A bloody handkercheif.
(c) A metal cross.
(d) A lock of hair.
11. What does the viceroy confirm with the two warriors/courtiers in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) That Spain has been defeated.
(b) That an ambassador has been sent to Spain with tribute money.
(c) That the war is not yet over.
(d) That Portugal has been defeated.
12. To whom does Bel-Imperia find herself attracted in Act 1, Scene 4?
13. Who is Horatio's father?
(a) Don Pedro.
14. Why does the king want a marriage between Bel-Imperia and Balthazar?
(a) He wants what is best for Bel-Imperia.
(b) It will cement the peace between Spain and Portugal.
(c) He has been bribed by Lorenzo and wants his reward.
(d) He wants what is best for Balthazar.
15. Which of the following literary devices are used to begin Act 2, Scene 1?
(c) An aside.
(d) Rhyming verse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the viceroy command Alexandro's imprisonment?
2. What story does Villuppo tell the viceroy about what happened to Balthazar?
3. Who accompanies the Ghost who appears in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What is Alexandro tied to in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. How does the king greet Balthazar when he receives him as a prisoner?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)