|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes the viceroy's complaints at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) They are written in blank verse.
(b) They are written in rhyme.
(c) They are extravagant.
(d) They are full of alliteration.
2. Who is Horatio's father?
(d) Don Pedro.
3. How do the king and his people celebrate their victory in the battle against Portugal?
(a) With a parade.
(b) With a feast.
(c) With a new war.
(d) With a ball.
4. How does Revenge respond to the Ghost's complaints that he doesn't want to watch his friend being slain?
(a) He doesn't get to pick what he sees.
(b) Revenge picked the wrong man to kill.
(c) Soon he will see what he wants to see.
(d) Revenge will only do what he wants to do.
5. As Bel-Imperia calls for help after Lorenzo, Balthazar, Pedringano, and Serberine enter disguised, who grabs Bel-Imperia?
6. Who challenged Don Pedro during the battle between Portugal and Spain?
7. After finding out that Bel-Imperia has feelings for Horatio, what does Lorenzo say must happen for Bel-Imperia to love Balthazar?
(a) Bel-Imperia must be convinced Balthazar is richer than Horatio.
(b) Bel-Imperia must be convinced Balthazar is stronger than Horatio.
(c) Bel-Imperia must be convinced Balthazar is smarter than Horatio.
(d) Horatio must be taken out of the picture.
8. Who are the two warriors/courtiers with whom the viceroy speaks in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Alexandro and Villupo.
(b) Don Pedro and Hieronimo.
(c) Balthazar and Alexandro.
(d) Lorenzo and Horatio.
9. Immediately after Hieronimo and Isabella lament the death of Horatio and talk about how happy he was at dinner, what does Hieronimo do?
(a) Promises to comfort his wife.
(b) Arranges a proper burial for Horatio.
(c) Acts like the body is of a stranger and calls for Horatio.
(d) Begins to plan his revenge on the men who killed Horatio.
10. When Bel-Imperia tells Pedringano to watch the gate as she and Horatio speak, what does Pedringano do?
(a) Follows the couple.
(b) Fetches Lorenzo.
(c) Watches the gate.
(d) Finds Castile.
11. How does the king interpret the the use of warriors in the play presented at his banquet?
(a) He has no interpretation.
(b) As a threat to his safety.
(c) As representative of his own status as a warrior.
(d) As an insult to his abilities.
12. What does the viceroy complain about as he enters the stage in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) His misery at Horatio's death.
(b) His glee at the victory of the war.
(c) His misery at Balthazar's death.
(d) His misery at the loss of the war.
13. What does Alexandro beg the viceroy to allow him to do in Act 3, Scene 1?
(b) Seek vengeance.
(d) Kill Villuppo.
14. What does Hieronimo keep to remind him of Horatio and his need for revenge?
(a) A bloody handkercheif.
(b) A lock of hair.
(c) A metal cross.
(d) A torn glove.
15. What is Alexandro tied to in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) One of the guards.
(c) A stake.
(d) A large tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does not have a say in the marriage between Balthazar and Bel-Imperia?
2. Which title does Balthazar hold?
3. What story does Villuppo tell the viceroy about what happened to Balthazar?
4. What is the relationship between Balthazar and Andrea?
5. About whom does a courtier make a comment to the viceroy, saying that he is surprised could be filled with so much hate in regard to Balthazar's death?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)