|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Andrea slain?
(a) In a battle.
(b) In the forest.
(c) In his castle.
(d) In a cave.
2. What does Alexandro tell the viceroy about Balthazar?
(a) That he is a prisoner.
(b) That is is well-respected.
(c) That he still lives.
(d) That he was given a respectful burial.
3. Who challenged Don Pedro during the battle between Portugal and Spain?
4. How do Lorenzo and the others kill Horatio?
(a) Hang him and stab him.
(b) Draw and quarter him.
(c) Trample him with a horse.
(d) Shoot him and stab him.
5. Who are the two warriors/courtiers with whom the viceroy speaks in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Don Pedro and Hieronimo.
(b) Alexandro and Villupo.
(c) Balthazar and Alexandro.
(d) Lorenzo and Horatio.
6. Whom does Balthazar request as his companion when he is captured?
7. About whom does a courtier make a comment to the viceroy, saying that he is surprised could be filled with so much hate in regard to Balthazar's death?
8. Which of the following characters does not have a say in the marriage between Balthazar and Bel-Imperia?
(b) The king.
9. When the procession in Act 1, Scene 2 passes by the king, to whom does the king demand a reward be given?
(a) Andrea and Lorenzo.
(b) Lorenzo and Balthazar.
(c) All the soldiers.
(d) Horatio and Balthazar.
10. Where is the viceroy when he speaks with two warriors/courtiers in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The battlefield.
(b) The Spanish castle.
(c) The Portuguese court.
(d) The Imperial Gardens.
11. In the myth referenced in the play, what does Proserpine bring with her when she returns to the Earth?
12. In what language do Hieronimo and Isabella speak a dirge as they carry Horatio's body away?
13. Does Castile give a time frame for the marriage between Balthazar and Bel-Imperia?
(a) Yes, he says it will happen within the year.
(b) Yes, he says it will happen in a month.
(c) No, he says she will come around in time.
(d) No, he says she will not get married.
14. Which of the following does the viceroy not lament during his aside to his two courtiers?
(a) Balthazar being lost to him.
(b) Being defeated.
(c) Spending too much money on the war.
(d) Having not killed enough enemies.
15. In Act 1, Scene 5, how does Revenge respond to the Ghost's question about why he's being made to sit through a celebration of the man who killed him?
(a) Revenge says that he likes seeing the Ghost's pain.
(b) Revenge says the joy of all characters will be turned to misery.
(c) Revenge says the characters are not as happy as they seem.
(d) Revenge says that he is actually the guilty one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the king greet Balthazar when he receives him as a prisoner?
2. Why does Balthazar come to visit Bel-Imperia in the Spanish court?
3. What decision do Bel-Imperia and Horatio make as Balthazar and Lorenzo look on?
4. Why does the viceroy order that Alexandro be brought to him in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What is the relationship between Balthazar and Andrea?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)