|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following describes the viceroy's complaints at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) They are written in blank verse.
(b) They are extravagant.
(c) They are written in rhyme.
(d) They are full of alliteration.
2. As Bel-Imperia and Horatio return to the banquet after their private conversation, where does Lorenzo say Horatio's soul is headed soon?
(a) "Eternal night."
(b) "True love."
(c) "Trap of marriage."
3. If Balthazar and Bel-Imperia have a son, over which country will he be king?
(a) Both Spain and Portugal.
(b) Only Portugal.
(c) Neither Spain nor Portugal.
(d) Only Spain.
4. How does Hieronimo recognize Horatio's body after he is hanged?
(a) From his watch.
(b) From his shoes.
(c) From his face.
(d) From his clothes.
5. Immediately after Hieronimo and Isabella lament the death of Horatio and talk about how happy he was at dinner, what does Hieronimo do?
(a) Acts like the body is of a stranger and calls for Horatio.
(b) Begins to plan his revenge on the men who killed Horatio.
(c) Promises to comfort his wife.
(d) Arranges a proper burial for Horatio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives Isabella advice in Act 3, Scene 8?
2. In Act 3, Scene 2, Hieronimo speaks _______ rich with emotional, violent imagery of how miserable he is after the death of Horatio and his plans for revenge.
3. How is Hieronimo dressed when he comes out to investigate Bel-Imperia's calls for help?
4. How does Isabella feel about the tree from which Horatio was hanged?
5. In Act 3, Scene 10, of what does a servant reassure Lorenzo and Balthazar?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)