|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scenes 11 and 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the king interpret the the use of warriors in the play presented at his banquet?
(a) As an insult to his abilities.
(b) He has no interpretation.
(c) As a threat to his safety.
(d) As representative of his own status as a warrior.
2. What does Lorenzo order regarding Bel-Imperia?
(a) That she be killed.
(b) That she stay imprisoned.
(c) That she be married.
(d) That she be freed.
3. When the procession in Act 1, Scene 2 passes by the king, to whom does the king demand a reward be given?
(a) Andrea and Lorenzo.
(b) All the soldiers.
(c) Horatio and Balthazar.
(d) Lorenzo and Balthazar.
4. In the myth referenced in the play, what does Proserpine bring with her when she returns to the Earth?
5. What is Lorenzo said to be doing in "boiling lead and the blood of innocents"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the king tell Castile to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
2. Who accompanies the Ghost who appears in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Why does Isabella not take the advice in Act 3, Scene 8?
4. Who leads the procession that appears after the trumpet sounds in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Why does Balthazar come to visit Bel-Imperia in the Spanish court?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)