|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the king arrives, what reason does Balthazar whisper to Bel-Imperia that he is still alive?
(a) Because he is being held for ransom.
(b) Because he is a spy.
(c) Because he loves her.
(d) Because the Spanish are coming for him.
2. How long does the king say Balthazar will be kept prisoner in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He will be immediately released.
(b) Two months.
(c) A lifetime.
(d) Until the tribute is paid.
3. Does Castile give a time frame for the marriage between Balthazar and Bel-Imperia?
(a) No, he says she will come around in time.
(b) Yes, he says it will happen in a month.
(c) No, he says she will not get married.
(d) Yes, he says it will happen within the year.
4. Whom does Balthazar request as his companion when he is captured?
5. What does the Ghost complain to Revenge that he should be seeing instead of his friend being slain?
(a) The death of Balthazar.
(b) The exhaltation of Horatio.
(c) The happiness of Bel-Imperia.
(d) The death of Lorenzo.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Balthazar and Lorenzo watch, why does Bel-Imperia tell Horatio she is still upset?
2. After finding out that Bel-Imperia has feelings for Horatio, what does Lorenzo say must happen for Bel-Imperia to love Balthazar?
3. Who challenged Don Pedro during the battle between Portugal and Spain?
4. Why is Proserpine allowed to return to earth for six months of the year?
5. Who is the god of the dead?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)