|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hieronimo recognize Horatio's body after he is hanged?
(a) From his watch.
(b) From his shoes.
(c) From his clothes.
(d) From his face.
2. What does the Ghost complain to Revenge that he should be seeing instead of his friend being slain?
(a) The happiness of Bel-Imperia.
(b) The exhaltation of Horatio.
(c) The death of Balthazar.
(d) The death of Lorenzo.
3. How does the audience know what Balthazar and Lorenzo are thinking as they secretly watch Bel-Imperia and Horatio?
(a) Balthazar and Lorenzo hold up signs showing what they are thinking.
(b) Balthazar and Lorenzo mime what they are thinking.
(c) Balthazar and Lorenzo interject comments that the other characters cannot hear.
(d) The audience does not know what they are thinking.
4. Which of the following does the viceroy not lament during his aside to his two courtiers?
(a) Spending too much money on the war.
(b) Balthazar being lost to him.
(c) Being defeated.
(d) Having not killed enough enemies.
5. What does Alexandro beg the viceroy to allow him to do in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) Seek vengeance.
(d) Kill Villuppo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leads the procession that appears after the trumpet sounds in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Once Villuppo tells the viceroy what happened to Balthazar, what does the viceroy say?
3. Who is Castile?
4. Where is the viceroy when he speaks with two warriors/courtiers in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What story does Villuppo tell the viceroy about what happened to Balthazar?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)