|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the viceroy react when Alexandro protests his innocence?
(a) He dismisses his sentence.
(b) He refuses to listen.
(c) He screams at him.
(d) He says he feels sorry for him.
2. What is the punishment that is meted out to Alexandro?
(a) He is to be burned.
(b) He is to be hanged.
(c) He is to be shot.
(d) He is to be beheaded.
3. Why does Balthazar come to visit Bel-Imperia in the Spanish court?
(a) To court her.
(b) To reveal Andrea's guilt.
(c) To trick her.
(d) To kill her.
4. What does the general report about the progress of Spain's war with Portugal in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Spain has been defeated and the tribute will be paid.
(b) Spain has won the war and will pay Portugal a tribute.
(c) Portugal has been defeated and the tribute will be paid.
(d) Portugal has won the war and will pay Spain a tribute.
5. Where was Andrea slain?
(a) In a battle.
(b) In a cave.
(c) In the forest.
(d) In his castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Lorenzo try to assure Balthazar at the start of Act 2?
2. Which title does Balthazar hold?
3. Whom does Balthazar request as his companion when he is captured?
4. Who accompanies the Ghost who appears in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What comment does Villuppo make to his courtier about Alexandro's friendship with Andrea?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)