|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Immediately after Hieronimo and Isabella lament the death of Horatio and talk about how happy he was at dinner, what does Hieronimo do?
(a) Promises to comfort his wife.
(b) Acts like the body is of a stranger and calls for Horatio.
(c) Begins to plan his revenge on the men who killed Horatio.
(d) Arranges a proper burial for Horatio.
2. Who took Balthazar prisoner during the battle between Portugal and Spain?
(b) Don Pedro.
3. How long does the king say Balthazar will be kept prisoner in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Until the tribute is paid.
(b) A lifetime.
(c) He will be immediately released.
(d) Two months.
4. What decision do Bel-Imperia and Horatio make as Balthazar and Lorenzo look on?
(a) They decide to run away.
(b) They decide to marry.
(c) They decide to kill Balthazar.
(d) They decide to split up.
5. Which of the following describes the viceroy's complaints at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) They are full of alliteration.
(b) They are extravagant.
(c) They are written in rhyme.
(d) They are written in blank verse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Balthazar request as his companion when he is captured?
2. If Balthazar and Bel-Imperia have a son, over which country will he be king?
3. In Act 1, Scene 5, how does Revenge respond to the Ghost's question about why he's being made to sit through a celebration of the man who killed him?
4. In the underworld, to whom do the governing spirits send Andrea to be judged?
5. How is Hieronimo dressed when he comes out to investigate Bel-Imperia's calls for help?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)