|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the procession in Act 1, Scene 2 passes by the king, to whom does the king demand a reward be given?
(a) All the soldiers.
(b) Lorenzo and Balthazar.
(c) Andrea and Lorenzo.
(d) Horatio and Balthazar.
2. Which title does Balthazar hold?
3. Who is Horatio's father?
(b) Don Pedro.
4. In the Spanish court, who pleads with Horatio to tell her more about the circumstances of Andrea's death, referring poetically to how much she loved him?
5. Where is the viceroy when he speaks with two warriors/courtiers in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The battlefield.
(b) The Portuguese court.
(c) The Imperial Gardens.
(d) The Spanish castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the king and his people celebrate their victory in the battle against Portugal?
2. What story does Villuppo tell the viceroy about what happened to Balthazar?
3. How long does the king say Balthazar will be kept prisoner in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does Alexandro beg the viceroy to allow him to do in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What does Villuppo reveal to the audience in an aside at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)