|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the two warriors/courtiers with whom the viceroy speaks in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Balthazar and Alexandro.
(b) Alexandro and Villupo.
(c) Don Pedro and Hieronimo.
(d) Lorenzo and Horatio.
2. Who is with Bel-Imperia when Balthazar arrives in the Spanish court?
3. Whom does Balthazar request as his companion when he is captured?
4. What does the general report about the progress of Spain's war with Portugal in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Spain has won the war and will pay Portugal a tribute.
(b) Portugal has won the war and will pay Spain a tribute.
(c) Portugal has been defeated and the tribute will be paid.
(d) Spain has been defeated and the tribute will be paid.
5. What does Alexandro tell the viceroy about Balthazar?
(a) That is is well-respected.
(b) That he was given a respectful burial.
(c) That he is a prisoner.
(d) That he still lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the underworld, to whom do the governing spirits send Andrea to be judged?
2. How does the king greet Balthazar when he receives him as a prisoner?
3. How can the language of the viceroy's soliloquy (really an aside) in Act 1, Scene 3 be described?
4. Who is the king's nephew?
5. In Act 1, Scene 5, how does Revenge respond to the Ghost's question about why he's being made to sit through a celebration of the man who killed him?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)