|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads the procession that appears after the trumpet sounds in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Andrea and Balthazar.
(b) Lorenzo and Don Pedro.
(c) Balthazar and Lorenzo.
(d) Lorenzo and Horatio.
2. Who took Balthazar prisoner during the battle between Portugal and Spain?
(b) Don Pedro.
3. Who is with Bel-Imperia when Balthazar arrives in the Spanish court?
4. Who is the king's nephew?
5. In the Spanish court, who pleads with Horatio to tell her more about the circumstances of Andrea's death, referring poetically to how much she loved him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who challenged Don Pedro during the battle between Portugal and Spain?
2. Who accompanies the Ghost who appears in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. To what play is The Spanish Tragedy a sequel?
4. Who is Horatio's father?
5. What does Alexandro beg the viceroy to allow him to do in Act 3, Scene 1?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)