|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scenes 4 and 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the king greet Balthazar when he receives him as a prisoner?
2. Which of the following is not a way that the Scene 1 in the play acts?
(a) As a frame.
(b) As exposition.
(c) As foreshadowing.
(d) As a prologue.
3. When the king arrives, what reason does Balthazar whisper to Bel-Imperia that he is still alive?
(a) Because he is a spy.
(b) Because he loves her.
(c) Because he is being held for ransom.
(d) Because the Spanish are coming for him.
4. Whom does Balthazar request as his companion when he is captured?
5. Who leads the procession that appears after the trumpet sounds in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Balthazar and Lorenzo.
(b) Lorenzo and Horatio.
(c) Lorenzo and Don Pedro.
(d) Andrea and Balthazar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hieronimo expected at the king's banquet in Act 1, Scene 4?
2. In the underworld, to whom do the governing spirits send Andrea to be judged?
3. In the myth referenced in the play, what does Proserpine bring with her when she returns to the Earth?
4. How does the king interpret the the use of warriors in the play presented at his banquet?
5. What does Alexandro tell the viceroy about Balthazar?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)