|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies the Ghost who appears in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Which of the following does the viceroy not lament during his aside to his two courtiers?
(a) Balthazar being lost to him.
(b) Spending too much money on the war.
(c) Being defeated.
(d) Having not killed enough enemies.
3. How does the king greet Balthazar when he receives him as a prisoner?
4. Where is the viceroy when he speaks with two warriors/courtiers in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The Spanish castle.
(b) The battlefield.
(c) The Portuguese court.
(d) The Imperial Gardens.
5. What story does Villuppo tell the viceroy about what happened to Balthazar?
(a) Villuppo says Balthazar was shot in the back by Alexandro.
(b) Villuppo says Balthazar is indeed alive and will return.
(c) Villuppo says Balthazar is indeed alive and is being held prisoner.
(d) Villippo says he killed Balthazar with his own hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a way that the Scene 1 in the play acts?
2. Why does the viceroy command Alexandro's imprisonment?
3. Who is the king's nephew?
4. Who are the two warriors/courtiers with whom the viceroy speaks in Act 1, Scene 3?
5. In the underworld, to whom do the governing spirits send Andrea to be judged?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)