|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the king greet Balthazar when he receives him as a prisoner?
2. To whom does Bel-Imperia find herself attracted in Act 1, Scene 4?
3. Which of the following does the Ambassador NOT do in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) Tell the king the ransom has been paid.
(b) Promise to kill Horatio.
(c) Promise to pass the king's message to the viceroy.
(d) Tell the king that Balthazar has sent his regards.
4. In the Spanish court, who pleads with Horatio to tell her more about the circumstances of Andrea's death, referring poetically to how much she loved him?
5. How does the viceroy react when Alexandro protests his innocence?
(a) He screams at him.
(b) He says he feels sorry for him.
(c) He refuses to listen.
(d) He dismisses his sentence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Balthazar request as his companion when he is captured?
2. Where does Isabella imagine herself going after rejecting the advice?
3. Why does Isabella not take the advice in Act 3, Scene 8?
4. What does the viceroy complain about as he enters the stage in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. What comment does Villuppo make to his courtier about Alexandro's friendship with Andrea?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)