|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After her imaginary journey, to what do Isabella's thoughts return?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her desire for death.
(c) Her faith in God.
(d) The men who killed her son.
2. Why does Isabella run out as the maid tries to call her at the end of Act 3, Scene 8?
(a) She runs out because she is tired of listening to the maid.
(b) She runs out to look for Horatio.
(c) She runs out in a near-insane search for the men who killed her son.
(d) She runs out because she becomes confused about where she is.
3. Does Castile give a time frame for the marriage between Balthazar and Bel-Imperia?
(a) No, he says she will come around in time.
(b) Yes, he says it will happen within the year.
(c) Yes, he says it will happen in a month.
(d) No, he says she will not get married.
4. Whom does Balthazar request as his companion when he is captured?
5. What does Lorenzo promise he will do while Balthazar distracts himself with sport and partying?
(a) Convince Revenge to save Balthazar.
(b) Convince Bel-Imperia to love Balthazar.
(c) Convince the king to make Balthazar a general.
(d) Convince the viceroy to give Balthazar money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the punishment that is meted out to Alexandro?
2. How does the king greet Balthazar when he receives him as a prisoner?
3. Why does the viceroy order that Alexandro be brought to him in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. What does the viceroy complain about as he enters the stage in Act 3, Scene 1?
5. Why does Isabella not take the advice in Act 3, Scene 8?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)