|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Castile give a time frame for the marriage between Balthazar and Bel-Imperia?
(a) No, he says she will not get married.
(b) Yes, he says it will happen in a month.
(c) Yes, he says it will happen within the year.
(d) No, he says she will come around in time.
2. Why is Hieronimo expected at the king's banquet in Act 1, Scene 4?
(a) To deliver the tribute.
(b) To cater the party.
(c) To provide the entertainment.
(d) He is not invited.
3. Who took Balthazar prisoner during the battle between Portugal and Spain?
(c) Don Pedro.
4. What reason does the king give Castile for the marriage between Bel-Imperia and Balthazar?
(a) If she doesn't marry him, she is doing herself and her country a disservice.
(b) He will reward Castile by giving him money.
(c) The marriage will cause a permanent separation of Spain and France.
(d) Bel-Imperia and Balthazar are in love.
5. Which of the following characters does not have a say in the marriage between Balthazar and Bel-Imperia?
(b) The king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the king tell Castile to do at the end of Act 2, Scene 3?
2. What advice is given to Isabella in Act 3, Scene 8?
3. How does the king greet Balthazar when he receives him as a prisoner?
4. Which of the following characters' motives are exposed and explained in Act 2, Scene 3?
5. What does the general report about the progress of Spain's war with Portugal in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)