|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When their parents arrive to celebrate Wilbur and Eliza's 15th birthday, what do Wilbur and Eliza do?
2. Wilbur was born with a total of how many fingers and toes?
3. Who do Melody and Isadore believe is the most important being in history?
4. Who is the first person in the household staff to learn Wilbur and Eliza are smart?
5. What do people believe about Wilbur and Eliza when they are children?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Dr. Mott important to Wilbur and Eliza?
2. Wilbur and Eliza want the Constitution amended for what purpose?
3. Why do Wilbur and Eliza pretend to be idiots while growing up?
4. When Wilbur and Eliza are separated, what do they do to cope?
5. As Wilbur writes his memoirs, he discovers Melody and Isadore are planning a what?
6. Why are Wilbur and Eliza sent away to live at the mansion instead of with their parents?
7. On her 15th birthday, what comment does Eliza make regarding her parents' appearance?
8. When Dr. Cordiner belittles Wilbur and Eliza in front of their mother, how does Letitia react?
9. When their father seems conflicted about their intelligence, how do Wilbur and Eliza react?
10. What do Wilbur and Eliza discover about gravity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Wilbur and Eliza reveal their intelligence to their caretakers at the mansion in a cautious and deliberate fashion. Analyze this reveal and its results.
1) What actions do they take to reveal the truth about their intelligence?
2) What actions do they take to protect the adults when they learn the truth?
3) What actions do they take when they do not receive the response they were expecting?
Essay Topic 2
Witnessing Dr. Cordiner's treatment of her children, Letitia acts like a mother for the first time. Write a brief essay examining Letitia's overall behavior as a mother and this momentary transformation.
Essay Topic 3
When disease hits the United States, the country experiences an apocalypse. Examine how the country returns to ways of ruling that are not advanced, such as creating territories ruled by Kings. Take a stand on whether or not this method is an improvement over the way things were, citing examples from the text.
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)