|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the mansion Eliza and Wilbur live in surrounded by?
(a) Cherry orchards.
(b) Apple orchards.
(c) Desolate grounds.
(d) A vineyard.
2. As Wilbur writes his memoir, what are Melody and Isadore building?
(a) A pyramid.
(b) A hot-air-balloon.
(c) The new Statue of Liberty.
(d) A house.
3. Wilbur was born with a total of how many fingers and toes?
4. When do Bernard and Kurt Vonnegut show physical affection?
(b) Special occasions.
(c) Every day.
(d) In front of the kids.
5. From where does Eliza conduct interviews regarding her inheritance?
(a) The mansion's front lawn.
(b) The asylum.
(c) Her home.
(d) A confessional booth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Originally, where does Dr. Cordiner want to send Wilbur for school?
2. On their 15th birthday, Wilbur and Eliza write a note revealing their intelligence on what?
3. Melody first gets pregnant at what age?
4. Kurt Vonnegut imagines that most people will die of what in Manhattan?
5. Dr. Cordiner believes Eliza to be incapable of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. When their father seems conflicted about their intelligence, how do Wilbur and Eliza react?
2. As children, what do Wilbur and Eliza read about beautiful people?
3. Why do the servants at the mansion believe it is haunted?
4. Why are Wilbur and Eliza sent away to live at the mansion instead of with their parents?
5. When Wilbur and Eliza are separated, what do they do to cope?
6. What physical discovery have the Chinese made by Wilbur's 15th birthday?
7. What do Wilbur and Eliza discover about gravity?
8. Who is Kurt Vonnegut honoring when he begins his novel with "To Whom it May Concern"?
9. What do Wilbur and Eliza reveal to their parents on a bed sheet?
10. Wilbur and Eliza want the Constitution amended for what purpose?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)