|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is no one invited to see Wilbur and Eliza when they were born?
(a) No one expected twins.
(b) They are ugly.
(c) They are ill.
(d) They are premature.
2. Wilbur paints what game on the floor of the Empire State building?
3. When their parents arrive to celebrate Wilbur and Eliza's 15th birthday, what do Wilbur and Eliza do?
(a) Thank them for coming.
(b) Jump out and scare them.
(c) Serve them a birthday cake.
(d) Pretend they don't recognize them.
4. Melody buries her stillborn baby in what?
(a) A shoe box.
(b) A coffin.
(c) A humidor box.
(d) A tin can.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 1, who is Wilbur's closest neighbor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Bernard sometimes gets in trouble for keeping what kind of a laboratory?
2. In the Prologue, which opera is discussed by the Vonnegut brothers?
3. Dr. Cordiner believes Eliza to be incapable of what?
4. Alice refers to her death as what?
5. When Wilbur is writing his memoirs, what is happening to gravity?
Short Essay Questions
1. While Wilbur excels in school, what happens to Eliza?
2. What do Melody and Isadore use to build their pyramid?
3. Why is Dr. Mott important to Wilbur and Eliza?
4. Who does Wilbur live with in Chapter 1?
5. Why does Wilbur want to believe that Dr. Mott knew the truth about Wilbur and Eliza?
6. According to Wilbur, why have people stopped visiting Manhattan?
7. Why do Wilbur and Eliza pretend to be idiots while growing up?
8. What do Wilbur and Eliza discover about gravity?
9. What physical discovery have the Chinese made by Wilbur's 15th birthday?
10. What is Wilbur doing at the beginning of Slapstick: Or, Lonesome No More!?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)