|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The morning after her 15th birthday, Eliza requests to eat breakfast where?
(a) In the Solarium.
(b) On the front lawn.
(c) Overlooking the forest.
(d) On the dock.
2. Who is Dr. Mott's grandson?
(a) The King of Michigan.
(b) The Ruler of New York.
(c) The Lower Legacy.
(d) The Better Half.
3. How do Wilbur and Eliza create a genius mind in front of others?
(a) They close their eyes and pray.
(b) They put their heads together.
(c) They link arms and legs.
(d) They stare into each other's eyes.
4. The day after their 15th birthday, what do Wilbur and Eliza do for the first time?
(a) Dress themselves.
(b) Take a family photo.
(c) Drive a car.
(d) Go hiking.
5. Kurt Vonnegut's family had a cottage on what lake?
(a) Lake Muskegon.
(b) Lake Maxinkuckee.
(c) Crystal Lake.
(d) Lake Woebegone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wilbur wearing at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. How old is Wilbur at the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. At 15, Walter and Eliza pretend to feel what for their presents?
4. As Wilbur writes his memoir, what are Melody and Isadore building?
5. Wilbur and Eliza refer to the sound of the whippoorwill as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. On her 15th birthday, what comment does Eliza make regarding her parents' appearance?
2. What is Wilbur doing at the beginning of Slapstick: Or, Lonesome No More!?
3. Why do Wilbur and Eliza pretend to be idiots while growing up?
4. When Wilbur is sent to school, what happens to his relationship with Eliza?
5. What is Wilbur's mood at the beginning of Slapstick: Or, Lonesome No More!?
6. When Dr. Mott learns the truth about Wilbur and Eliza, how does he react?
7. Why are Wilbur and Eliza sent away to live at the mansion instead of with their parents?
8. Why does Dr. Cordiner get angry at Wilbur and Eliza?
9. Why do the servants at the mansion believe it is haunted?
10. Upon hearing the story "The Ugly Duckling," Eliza makes up her own ending. What does the duckling turn into?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)