|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As children, Wilbur and Eliza discover what about gravity?
(a) It can shift.
(b) It does not exist.
(c) It is a constant.
(d) It is a conspiracy.
2. Where does Wilbur live at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) 1 Central Park West.
(b) Trump Towers.
(c) The Statue of Liberty.
(d) The Empire State Building.
3. In Chapter 5, Wilbur wonders if Dr. Mott ever knew that he and Eliza were what?
(d) Mocking him.
4. Who is Dr. Mott's grandson?
(a) The Better Half.
(b) The Lower Legacy.
(c) The King of Michigan.
(d) The Ruler of New York.
5. When Wilbur and Eliza get upset with Dr. Cordiner, how does their mother respond?
(a) She is protective of her children.
(b) She threatens to kill herself.
(c) She screams and faints.
(d) She sides with Dr. Cordiner.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Wilbur is a medical student, he is driven around in what?
2. Dr. Mott reports that Wilbur and Eliza's mental capacity would not extend beyond what age?
3. Who does Kurt Vonnegut write his novels for?
4. When Wilbur and Eliza are children, where do their parents live?
5. If Dr. Mott didn't realize the truth about Wilbur and Eliza, the doctor must have been what?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Wilbur is sent to school, what happens to his relationship with Eliza?
2. According to Wilbur, why have people stopped visiting Manhattan?
3. Following her stay in the mental institution, what does Eliza think of the United States?
4. What physical discovery have the Chinese made by Wilbur's 15th birthday?
5. While Wilbur excels in school, what happens to Eliza?
6. When their father seems conflicted about their intelligence, how do Wilbur and Eliza react?
7. Once Eliza is out of the institution, what is her opinion of Wilbur?
8. On her 15th birthday, what comment does Eliza make regarding her parents' appearance?
9. What is Wilbur doing at the beginning of Slapstick: Or, Lonesome No More!?
10. Why is Dr. Mott important to Wilbur and Eliza?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)