|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Wilbur's 15th birthday, what noise gives Letitia a breakdown?
(a) The dog howls.
(b) The rooster crows.
(c) The tea kettle screams.
(d) The fireplace bangs.
2. When does Wilbur review Dr. Mott's reports on him and Eliza?
(b) When Wilbur turns 15.
(c) Later in life.
(d) The day Dr. Mott dies.
3. What famous storybook does Eliza relate to when Wilbur reads it to her?
(a) The Ugly Duckling.
(b) The Snowy Day.
(c) Goodnight Moon.
(d) All of these.
4. Alice refers to her death as what?
(a) "Bad luck."
5. Dr. Cordiner believes Wilbur is capable of having a career in what field?
6. The author believes that what is more important than love?
(c) Common decency.
7. What is Kurt Vonnegut's ancestry?
8. Who is Dr. Mott's grandson?
(a) The Lower Legacy.
(b) The Better Half.
(c) The King of Michigan.
(d) The Ruler of New York.
9. On their 15th birthday, Wilbur and Eliza write a note revealing their intelligence on what?
(a) A cell phone.
(b) A piece of paper.
(c) A bedsheet.
(d) A book jacket.
10. What is Wilbur's nickname when he gets old?
(a) The Death Doctor.
(b) The King of Candlesticks.
(c) The Emperor of Lost Clothes.
(d) The Free World Ruler.
11. Who is the first person in the household staff to learn Wilbur and Eliza are smart?
(a) Dr. Cordiner.
(b) Dr. Mott.
(c) Their parents do it for them.
(d) Oveta Cooper.
12. As children, Wilbur and Eliza discover what about gravity?
(a) It is a conspiracy.
(b) It can shift.
(c) It is a constant.
(d) It does not exist.
13. Bernard sometimes gets in trouble for keeping what kind of a laboratory?
14. Where does Eliza confront her brother after she receives her inheritance?
(b) The mansion.
(c) At work.
(d) Beacon Hill.
15. In Chapter 5, Wilbur expresses hope that Dr. Mott felt what for him and his sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dr. Cordiner suggests separating Wilbur and Eliza, they threaten to do what?
2. When Wilbur is a medical student, he is driven around in what?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 1, what calamity has wiped out the city of New York?
4. What mystery do Wilbur and Eliza discover about the mansion?
5. What happens to Dr. Mott when Wilbur and Eliza's intelligence is revealed?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)