|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As children, what intellectual debate do Wilbur and Eliza enjoy?
(a) Einstein's theory of relativity.
(b) Franklin's theory of light.
(c) Man versus woman.
(d) Darwin's theory of evolution.
2. Prior to their separation, what do Wilbur and Eliza hide in a mausoleum?
(a) Their best writing.
(b) Evidence of former stupidity.
(c) Their friendship rings.
(d) Locks of their hair.
3. The morning after her 15th birthday, Eliza requests to eat breakfast where?
(a) In the Solarium.
(b) On the front lawn.
(c) Overlooking the forest.
(d) On the dock.
4. What professional team does Eliza invest in?
(a) New England Patriots.
(b) Pittsburgh Steelers.
(c) Chinese Free Worlds.
(d) Detroit Lions.
5. Wilbur paints what game on the floor of the Empire State building?
6. Instead of going to bed on their 15th birthday, Wilbur and Eliza do what to their parents?
(a) Slash their tires.
(b) Short sheet their bed.
(c) Spy on them.
(d) Put bugs in their bed.
7. When Wilbur turns 15, what nation is excelling in science?
(b) The United States.
8. Who do Melody and Isadore believe is the most important being in history?
(b) Jesus Christ.
(c) All of these.
(d) Santa Claus.
9. How are the passages in the mansion described?
(b) Made of white light.
(c) Filled with ghosts.
(d) Covered in gold.
10. How tall do Wilbur and Eliza grow?
(a) 1.5 meters.
(b) 3 meters.
(c) 2 meters.
(d) .5 meters.
11. On their 15th birthday, what time are Wilbur and Eliza put in bed?
(a) 7:00 p.m.
(b) 5:00 p.m.
(c) 5:30 p.m.
(d) 6:30 p.m.
12. Dr. Mott keeps careful records of Wilbur and Eliza's what?
(a) Weight and growth.
(b) Reading aptitude.
13. What formal document do Wilbur and Eliza disagree with?
(a) The Declaration of Independence.
(b) The Constitution.
(c) Their birth certificate.
(d) Their parent's marriage license.
14. Alice refers to her death as what?
(b) "Bad luck."
15. Where does Wilbur live at the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) 1 Central Park West.
(b) The Empire State Building.
(c) The Statue of Liberty.
(d) Trump Towers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Wilbur at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. When Wilbur is 15, how many explorers have been sent to Mars?
3. During the Prologue, what does Kurt daydream about on the plane ride?
4. Bernard practices what type of science?
5. Where does Eliza eventually die?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)