|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The morning after her 15th birthday, Eliza requests to eat breakfast where?
(a) On the dock.
(b) On the front lawn.
(c) Overlooking the forest.
(d) In the Solarium.
2. Melody first gets pregnant at what age?
3. The day after their 15th birthday, what do Wilbur and Eliza do for the first time?
(a) Go hiking.
(b) Take a family photo.
(c) Dress themselves.
(d) Drive a car.
4. What does Eliza want her grave stone to read?
(a) "Oldie but Goodie."
(b) "The Better Half."
(c) "Here lies Betty Brown."
(d) "Nothing Without You."
5. Dr. Cordiner believes Wilbur is capable of having a career in what field?
6. How old is Wilbur at the beginning of Chapter 1?
7. When Wilbur and Eliza are children, where do their parents live?
(a) Sacatawa Lake.
(b) Saginaw, MI.
(c) Turtle Bay, NY.
(d) Turtle Cove, MA.
8. At the beginning of Chapter 1, what calamity has wiped out the city of New York?
(a) Nuclear war.
9. When Wilbur and Eliza get upset with Dr. Cordiner, how does their mother respond?
(a) She threatens to kill herself.
(b) She is protective of her children.
(c) She screams and faints.
(d) She sides with Dr. Cordiner.
10. When Wilbur and Eliza reveal their intelligence to the staff at the mansion, they also do what?
(a) Solve their problems.
(c) Cook and clean.
(d) Give them money.
11. How do Wilbur and Eliza create a genius mind in front of others?
(a) They stare into each other's eyes.
(b) They put their heads together.
(c) They close their eyes and pray.
(d) They link arms and legs.
12. When Dr. Cordiner suggests separating Wilbur and Eliza, they threaten to do what?
(a) See each other anyway.
(b) Play dumb forever.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) Kill her.
13. On Wilbur's 15th birthday, what noise gives Letitia a breakdown?
(a) The fireplace bangs.
(b) The tea kettle screams.
(c) The dog howls.
(d) The rooster crows.
14. What do Wilbur and Eliza demand of Dr. Cordiner?
(a) To test them together.
(b) To leave the property.
(c) To stop talking down to them.
(d) To take the same tests.
15. When Wilbur is writing his memoirs, what is happening to gravity?
(a) It is letting people fly away.
(b) It is shifting from light to heavy.
(d) It is creating a black hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author believes that what is more important than love?
2. At what age do Wilbur and Eliza realize their parents have mistreated them?
3. On Wilbur's 15th birthday, what does Letitia admit about her children?
4. Dr. Mott reports that Wilbur and Eliza's mental capacity would not extend beyond what age?
5. When Wilbur is old, he looks forward to seeing Dr. Mott where?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)