|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wilbur earns the distinction of the first student to do what at his new school?
(a) Start a newspaper.
(b) Take the college boards.
(c) Outsmart one of the teachers.
(d) Stand on his head.
2. What sport does Wilbur take up as he gets older?
3. Dr. Cordiner believes Wilbur is capable of having a career in what field?
4. When they are children, what do Wilbur and Eliza do in secret?
(b) Set fires.
(c) Plot revenge.
(d) Print money.
5. What do people believe about Wilbur and Eliza when they are children?
(a) They are the chosen ones.
(b) They are royalty.
(c) They are rocket scientists.
(d) They are idiots.
6. Alice refers to her death as what?
(c) "Bad luck."
7. Who is the first person in the household staff to learn Wilbur and Eliza are smart?
(a) Their parents do it for them.
(b) Oveta Cooper.
(c) Dr. Mott.
(d) Dr. Cordiner.
8. What type of clothing do Wilbur and Eliza wear as children?
(a) They do not wear clothing.
(c) The latest fashions.
(d) Circus costumes.
9. How do Wilbur and Eliza's parents refer to the mansion?
(a) The planet.
(b) The asteroid.
(c) The haven.
(d) The prison.
10. Dr. Cordiner believes Eliza to be incapable of what?
(a) Speaking another language.
(b) Driving a car.
(c) Reading and writing.
(d) Understanding mathematics.
11. Where does Eliza confront her brother after she receives her inheritance?
(b) The mansion.
(c) At work.
(d) Beacon Hill.
12. Bernard sometimes gets in trouble for keeping what kind of a laboratory?
13. Dr. Mott's grandson believes people are born with their what?
(b) Special abilities.
(d) Future mapped out.
14. As children, Wilbur and Eliza discover what about gravity?
(a) It is a constant.
(b) It can shift.
(c) It does not exist.
(d) It is a conspiracy.
15. What are the Chinese researching as Wilbur and Eliza work with Dr. Cordiner?
(b) Solar Energy.
(c) Atomic bombs.
(d) The Green Death.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day after their 15th birthday, what do Wilbur and Eliza do for the first time?
2. In Chapter 5, Wilbur expresses hope that Dr. Mott felt what for him and his sister?
3. Where does Wilbur live at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. What does Eliza want her grave stone to read?
5. Who lives with Wilbur at the beginning of Chapter 1?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)