Essay Topic 1
In the Prologue, Kurt Vonnegut reveals the secret technique behind his writing ability.
1) What is the secret?
2) Why does this work for him?
3) Why is this information significant?
Essay Topic 2
Many of the characters in the novel represent members of Kurt Vonnegut's real and extended family. Citing examples from the text, examine the purpose of this comparison and why it is revealed in the Prologue.
Essay Topic 3
In the Prologue, Kurt Vonnegut discusses his heritage and why it had to be hidden away.
1) What is his heritage, and how did it shape who he is?
2) Why was he forced to hide his heritage?
3) How did this affect his life?
Essay Topic 4
Once the Green Death has hit Manhattan, the bar for knowledge drops substantially. Examine the lack of traditional intelligence in the futuristic United States, citing examples from the text.
Essay Topic 5
Compare and contrast the...
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)