|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the inventor of the jaunt?
(a) Vernon Carmichael.
(b) Victor Carune.
(c) Vincent Caramore.
(d) Vidal Ciccone.
2. What was Mrs. Todd obsessed with?
(a) Finding a time machine.
(b) Finding out who her husband was cheating on her with.
(c) Finding the perfect monocle.
(d) Finding shortcuts.
3. What did Hal think had happened to the item his oldest son has found?
(a) It had been torn to pieces.
(b) It had been thrown into a well.
(c) It had been burned.
(d) It had been given away.
4. How does Hal's youngest son feel about his older brother's discovery?
5. Where does the narrator of "Paranoid: A Chant" believe he cannot go?
(a) To the basement.
(c) To the living room.
(d) To the bathroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brent Norton and his group deny?
2. How does Randy revive LaVerne?
3. Who is the Greek?
4. What serves as King's main character in his creative writing process?
5. When Hal was a child, what happened to his friends during the time he was in possession of the item his son found in the attic?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Word Processor of the Gods" could fit into several different genres. Which genre do you think it fits into best and why?
2. What do you think Mike Scollay was implying when he told the coronet player that he was going to have to play loud?
3. Hyperbole is a figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect; an extravagant statement. For example, "The sun was blindingly bright and hotter than ten thousand fires." Give an example of hyperbole from "The Wedding Gig" and give an explanation of why King uses it in this story.
4. Why do you think Charles calls the bathroom the basement in "Here There Be Tygers"?
5. What significance does the word processor hold for Richard after Jon's death?
6. In "The Raft," Deke twice stops Randy from attempting to save Rachel. Was this the right thing to do, given the circumstances?
7. In "The Mist," what do you think is the underlying message the story conveys to the reader? Cite examples from the story.
8. In "The Jaunt," Mark's family is destroyed by Mark's own deception. Given the reasons for his deception, do you think he was justified in his actions.
9. Compare/contrast the two rooms in the PAT. Why do you think they are so drastically different?
10. While Randy is trying to save Deke from being sucked between the cracks in the raft by the black, oil-like creature, what is Randy doing to try and stay sane through the unbelievable situation?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)