|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the inventor of the jaunt?
(a) Victor Carune.
(b) Vidal Ciccone.
(c) Vernon Carmichael.
(d) Vincent Caramore.
2. How old is Jonathan?
3. What does Maureen do after the confrontation between Mike and the Greek?
(a) She kills the Greek.
(b) She kills Mike.
(c) She kills herself.
(d) She ends up in jail.
4. How does Randy revive LaVerne?
(a) He bites her ear.
(b) He slaps her face.
(c) He pours water in her face.
(d) He uses smelling salts.
5. With what project are the soldiers trapped in the store affiliated?
(b) Donkey Run.
(c) Horse Head.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the relationship between Seth and Richard?
2. What is different about Ophelia every time she returns from one of her trips?
3. Where is the inventor's splinter displayed?
4. Curt has a poster of whom on his wall?
5. Who has passed away in "The Monkey," prompting family members to clean the home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the basic conflict expressed in "The Monkey"? Is there an implied winner? If so, whom or what?
2. In what format is "Paranoid: A Chant" written, and what significance does it lend to the story?
3. What is the implied source of the infestation in "The Mist"? How does he make this implication? What do you think King is trying to say with this implication?
4. What do you think Mike Scollay was implying when he told the coronet player that he was going to have to play loud?
5. Hyperbole is a figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect; an extravagant statement. For example, "The sun was blindingly bright and hotter than ten thousand fires." Give an example of hyperbole from "The Wedding Gig" and give an explanation of why King uses it in this story.
6. In "The Monkey," what does the stuffed creature represent to Hal? What fears does it reawaken within him?
7. Compare/contrast the two rooms in the PAT. Why do you think they are so drastically different?
8. "Word Processor of the Gods" could fit into several different genres. Which genre do you think it fits into best and why?
9. The narrator seems to follow a theme throughout the story. What is the main theme the narrator displays?
10. What seems to be the factor linking Mrs. Todd and Homer?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)