|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jonathan to Richard Hagstrom?
(a) His nephew.
(b) His brother.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His son.
2. With what project are the soldiers trapped in the store affiliated?
(a) Donkey Run.
(c) Horse Head.
3. How does Randy revive LaVerne?
(a) He slaps her face.
(b) He uses smelling salts.
(c) He pours water in her face.
(d) He bites her ear.
4. Who is Mike Scollay?
(a) A mob boss.
(b) A small-time racketeer.
(c) A jilted lover.
(d) A loan shark.
5. What does Mrs. Carmody suggest to rectify the situation with the fog?
(a) Human sacrifice.
(b) Intense prayer.
(c) Self sacrifice.
(d) A seance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mike originally find the narrator?
2. What does Curt begin to discuss with the poster in his room?
3. Who is the subject of Homer's story?
4. Who has passed away in "The Monkey," prompting family members to clean the home?
5. What happens when Richard hits the "delete" key?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "The Jaunt," Mark's family is destroyed by Mark's own deception. Given the reasons for his deception, do you think he was justified in his actions.
2. Stephen King is apparently trying to make his reader think when reading "The Jaunt." Do you think King wrote this story with that challenge in mind, or do you think he wrote it for pure entertainment?
3. What do you think Mike Scollay was implying when he told the coronet player that he was going to have to play loud?
4. What seems to be the factor linking Mrs. Todd and Homer?
5. In "Here There Be Tygers", Charles returns to his classroom casually after the deaths of his teacher and classmate. What do you think this implies about what Charles has just experienced?
6. What significance does the word processor hold for Richard after Jon's death?
7. While Randy is trying to save Deke from being sucked between the cracks in the raft by the black, oil-like creature, what is Randy doing to try and stay sane through the unbelievable situation?
8. What seems to be the catalyst for Curt's break in sanity?
9. Compare/contrast the two rooms in the PAT. Why do you think they are so drastically different?
10. In "The Raft," Deke twice stops Randy from attempting to save Rachel. Was this the right thing to do, given the circumstances?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)