|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mike originally find the narrator?
(a) Through the Yellow Pages.
(b) In a speakeasy.
(c) Through his cousin.
(d) In jail.
2. What does the narrator of "Paranoid: A Chant" do to avoid cameras?
(a) Wrap himself in tinfoil.
(b) Pack himself in ice.
(c) Paint all of his windows red.
(d) Paint all of his windows black.
3. What message does the Greek send to Mike?
(a) That Maureen will die.
(b) That Maureen will never love Mike.
(c) That Maureen is a fat pig.
(d) That Maureen is his.
4. How does Hal's youngest son feel about his older brother's discovery?
5. Curt has a poster of whom on his wall?
(a) Humphrey Bogart.
(b) A WWF wrestler.
(c) Farrah Faucett.
(d) Luke Skywalker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Curt begin to focus upon when he enters his room?
2. Who is the subject of Homer's story?
3. What does the narrator believe in "Paranoid: A Chant"?
4. Who is Brent Norton?
5. Who has passed away in "The Monkey," prompting family members to clean the home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Rumor had it that Gramma was a witch and apparently became one because she could not carry a baby to term. Do you think Gramma was justified to dabble in witchcraft to attain her dream?
2. "Word Processor of the Gods" could fit into several different genres. Which genre do you think it fits into best and why?
3. In "Notes," the epilogue to "Skeleton Crew," Stephen King explains the origins of some of his stories and how long some of them took to get published. Why do you think King chose to publish these works in a book of short stories?
4. What do you think would be the worst part of being afflicted as Brower is in "The Man Who Would Not Shake Hands"? Use examples from the text to support your theory.
5. Why do you think Charles calls the bathroom the basement in "Here There Be Tygers"?
6. What type of irony can be found within "Survivor Type"? Be sure to use examples from the text to support your theory.
7. In "The Jaunt," Mark's family is destroyed by Mark's own deception. Given the reasons for his deception, do you think he was justified in his actions.
8. Compare/contrast the two rooms in the PAT. Why do you think they are so drastically different?
9. "The Reaper's Image" is perhaps one of the creepiest tales in "Skeleton Crew." What aspect of this story make it particularly appropriate for a King collection?
10. Stella uses the same excuse when anyone asks her why she never crossed to the mainland. She would say that she had everything she needed on Goat Island. What do you think Stella finally thought she needed on the mainland that she couldn't get on Goat Island that made her decide to cross The Reach?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)