|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the inventor of the jaunt?
(a) Victor Carune.
(b) Vidal Ciccone.
(c) Vincent Caramore.
(d) Vernon Carmichael.
2. What is "the jaunt"?
(a) A chemical journey.
(b) A rocket ship.
(c) A super fast train.
(d) A type of teleportation.
3. Who is Jonathan to Richard Hagstrom?
(a) His nephew.
(b) His brother.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His son.
4. With what project are the soldiers trapped in the store affiliated?
(a) Donkey Run.
(d) Horse Head.
5. How old is Jonathan?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Mike runs out to confront the Greek?
2. What does Mrs. Carmody suggest to rectify the situation with the fog?
3. What does the narrator of "Paranoid: A Chant" do to avoid cameras?
4. What society does Brent Norton head?
5. Richard deletes Seth and Lina and replaces them with whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. "Word Processor of the Gods" could fit into several different genres. Which genre do you think it fits into best and why?
2. What is the implied source of the infestation in "The Mist"? How does he make this implication? What do you think King is trying to say with this implication?
3. What significance does the word processor hold for Richard after Jon's death?
4. What do you think is the importance of Curt's tale of Cain and Abel?
5. What seems to be the factor linking Mrs. Todd and Homer?
6. The creator of the teleportation device used in the jaunt first experimented with mice. What is the significance of the first trip taken by the mice?
7. What is the purpose of King's use of a "Wouldn't it be funny if . . . ?" beginning to his short stories? What do you think this method adds to or detracts from his stories?
8. In "The Raft," Deke twice stops Randy from attempting to save Rachel. Was this the right thing to do, given the circumstances?
9. Compare/contrast the two rooms in the PAT. Why do you think they are so drastically different?
10. While Randy is trying to save Deke from being sucked between the cracks in the raft by the black, oil-like creature, what is Randy doing to try and stay sane through the unbelievable situation?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)