|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the city, where are Jill and her companions are taken?
(a) A dungeon.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A castle.
2. Jill and her companions go out into a hallway and find a what?
3. Eustace and Puddleglum, after convincing from Jill, do what to the knight?
(a) Talk to him.
(b) Free him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Restrain him.
4. Jill loses track of how long they travel, but eventually they come to a place where they pass many other ________.
5. The queen quietly begins to convince him there is no Narnia. Soon everyone agrees. However, Puddleglum persists by describing the _______ and the overworld.
Short Answer Questions
1. A moment after they hear the signal of the party's return, Puddleglum orders them to ______.
2. There is a great ______ light in the distance.
3. The knight explains that he is enchanted and every night for an hour he must be tied to a what?
4. When Jill wakes the next morning she is in the cave and for a brief moment believes she has been returned to where?
5. Since there will be many creatures by the sea, they need to find the _____ that the queen was having made.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Rilian's conflict, in chapter 14.
2. What things are foreshadowed in the chapter?
3. The knight warns Jill and her companions that he will beg them to let him go free, but if they do he will turn into a serpent and kill them all. What is the significance of that statement by the knight to the children?
4. The prince feels justified in killing the evil queen. Do you agree?
5. What is the symbolism behind the falling buildings?
6. Explain how the theme of bullies is touched on, in chapter 14.
7. How does the discussion with the knight cause the children to lose faith in Aslan a bit and do you agree with their loss of faith?
8. The title of chapter nine is "They Discover Something Worth Knowing," but the travelers actually discover a few things in the chapter. Explain one of the things the travelers discover.
9. Explain how faith plays a role in chapter 11.
10. In the distance is a great red light that all the creatures seem to be heading toward. What could that mean?
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)