|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Moments later, while walking down the hill, what do they hear signaling the return of the party?
(a) Hunting horn.
(b) Dogs barking.
2. What does Rilian want to take when they make their escape?
(a) The serpent's body.
(d) The chair.
3. The group walks into a ______ wall.
4. Prince Rilian tells the creature that the queen is dead and quickly the word spreads so that all the remaining creatures make their way to the _______.
5. The creatures are sneaking around because they expect who to come and stop them from escaping?
(a) The guards.
(c) The queen.
(d) The night.
Short Answer Questions
1. The children find the people of the _______ and they want to take the three to their queen.
2. The knight tells the children that he is actually not enchanted when _______.
3. Rilian thinks the creatures might be planning what?
4. After breakfast, Jill and Eustace ride the centaurs to the harbor where they watch who being carried off the ship on a stretcher?
5. The knight claims to not know the prince, but he does recall that the message at the ruined city was once part of a longer verse a what had placed there upon his death?
Short Essay Questions
1. As the creatures take the travelers to the queen, they begin their march through a tiny crack that Jill is afraid to enter. How has Jill's attitude changed, since the start of the book?
2. How is the process of breaking the queen's enchantment attempt symbolic?
3. How did Rilian's indecision affect the outcome of chapter 14.
4. Explain the scene when a light is lit, at the start of chapter ten, after the children hear the mysterious voice.
5. In the distance is a great red light that all the creatures seem to be heading toward. What could that mean?
6. Explain what happens at the start of chapter thirteen.
7. The knight warns Jill and her companions that he will beg them to let him go free, but if they do he will turn into a serpent and kill them all. What is the significance of that statement by the knight to the children?
8. Explain how the theme of bullies is touched on, in chapter 14.
9. How does the queen attempt to brainwash the group, upon her return?
10. Explain how events in chapter 9 are connected tot he lady at the bridge and what that could mean.
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)