|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Finally Puddleglum walks over to the fire and does what to stop the enchantment?
(a) Pours a powder on it.
(b) Pours water on it.
(c) Stomps it out.
(d) Pokes it with a stick.
2. Soon the occupants of the room begin to feel what?
3. The creature suggests to Rilian that he should go down there with him. Rilian considers it for a moment before he realizes his duty is ________.
(a) To Jill.
(b) To Eustace.
(c) In Narnia.
(d) To Aslan.
4. The children and Puddleglum disappear into a _______ in the rock wall.
(c) Small hole.
5. Some of the creatures are slipping where?
(a) In the corridor.
(b) Through the shadows.
(c) On the stairs.
(d) In the shallow water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over lunch what do they enjoy that turns out to be a talking stag?
2. All the creatures were under whose spell?
3. The children learn that they are speaking to the ______ they met before.
4. The what pull Jill out and her friends are convinced she has been taken prisoner or injured by some enemy?
5. Jill finds a cookbook open to what letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the long journey to see the queen seem to indicate about the travelers' mission?
2. How is the process of breaking the queen's enchantment attempt symbolic?
3. Explain how the theme of bullies is touched on, in chapter 14.
4. What is the symbolism behind the falling buildings?
5. Explain Rilian's conflict, in chapter 14.
6. In the distance is a great red light that all the creatures seem to be heading toward. What could that mean?
7. How is Jill's bully problem finally resolved?
8. Explain how faith plays a role in chapter 11.
9. How does the queen attempt to brainwash the group, upon her return?
10. Do you feel that Jill has changed by chapter fifteen and, if so, in what ways.
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)