|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After breakfast, Jill and Eustace ride the centaurs to the harbor where they watch who being carried off the ship on a stretcher?
2. Quite often they pass animals and people from the overland, and the creatures will only say that when the end of the world comes they will _______.
3. Jill and her companions decide their escape is best made from what?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The throne room.
(d) The servants' entrance.
4. When the cook is finally _______, Jill and her companions sneak out of the house.
5. The travelers are surprised to find that all of the creatures are _______ after the queen dies.
(a) Happy and loud.
(b) Turned to stone.
(c) Transformed into people.
(d) Sad and quiet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jill recognizes that she must listen to the prince when he produces Aslan's what?
2. The prince continues to speak of his real life as Prince Rilian and of what place?
3. The children learn that they are speaking to the ______ they met before.
4. What does Rilian want to take when they make their escape?
5. Eventually, Jill climbs up on Puddleglum and finds what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Rilian's indecision affect the outcome of chapter 14.
2. Explain how Aslan is symbolic of Christianity.
3. How is the process of breaking the queen's enchantment attempt symbolic?
4. Do you think the queen will keep her promise to marry the knight? Why or why not?
5. Why are Puddleglum and Eustace upset about eating venison, in chapter 9, and why is Jill not upset? Whose reaction do you agree with and why?
6. How does the queen attempt to brainwash the group, upon her return?
7. Explain Rilian's conflict, in chapter 14.
8. How does the discussion with the knight cause the children to lose faith in Aslan a bit and do you agree with their loss of faith?
9. What is the symbolism behind the falling buildings?
10. What big event in chapter nine was foreshadowed in previous chapters and how?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)