|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the British men describe the upbringing of rich natives?
(a) as "stoic".
(b) as "disciplined".
(c) as "effeminate".
(d) as "thorough".
2. The Collector oversleeps in the beginning of Chapter 10 but who made the round of the defenses in his place?
(a) the Magistrate.
(c) the Padre.
3. What is another name for Mr. Hopkins?
(a) the First Lieutenant.
(b) the Administrator.
(c) the Collector.
(d) the Magistrate.
4. What does Hari do to further his study of phrenology?
(a) writes a paper on what he had read of the subject.
(b) asks the Magistrate to explain prenology to him in detail.
(c) shaves his own head and feels its contours.
(d) shaves the Prime Minister's head and marks it.
5. The Collector mused about the qualities of what insects at the beginning of Chapter 8?
6. What is a new arrival in the colony called?
(a) a griffin.
(b) a greenhorn.
(c) an untested one.
(d) an ignoramus.
7. What is George Fleury's sister's name?
8. What object was crucial to the morale of the garrison?
(a) the Union Jack
(b) the Enfield rifle
(c) the marble bust of Socrates
(d) the canon
9. Who do Harry and Fleury go back to try and save?
(a) Michael Schleissner .
(b) Mr. Rose.
(c) Mr. Simmons.
(d) Lieutenant Peterson.
10. Who was Barlow?
(a) a visiting dignitary.
(b) a lieutenant in the cantonment.
(c) the Magistrate's English manservant.
(d) the taciturn man from the Salt agency.
11. What is Louise able to make for them to eat to celebrate Fleury's birthday?
(a) some cookies.
(b) a pudding.
(c) some scones.
(d) a cake.
12. What was the physical manifestation of the Collector's grieving mind?
(a) his shattered and dissheveled bedroom.
(b) the burned out bungalows.
(c) the piles of British possessions in the billiard room.
(d) the graves he digs.
13. What is Fleury thinking about as the Padre and the Collector dig graves and argue?
(a) the difference between Protestantism and Catholicism.
(b) the seriousness of the siege.
(c) the comparison of the pariah dogs and the domestic dogs.
(d) how he acted at the party in front of Louise.
14. What happened to Fleury when he became excited?
(a) He sweated copiously.
(b) He hummed under his breath.
(c) He twiddled his thumbs.
(d) His left eye twitched.
15. Who does the Collector embrace on the stairs?
(a) his daughter Eliza.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of cemeteries in Krishnapur?
2. Who is accidentally lifted off the ground by the Eradicator?
3. What did the other ladies of the Residency resent regarding Lucy?
4. What had been planned militarily for Tuesday, July 7th?
5. What does Louise sew for Fleury for his birthday present?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)