|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hari , the Maharajah's son, sit on?
(a) a throne embedded with precious gems.
(b) silk pillows.
(c) a chair made completely of antlers.
(d) a marble throne.
2. Who had the Ten Commandments translated into the vernacular and chiseled in stones by the roadside?
(b) the Collector.
(c) the Judge at Fatehpur.
(d) the Padre.
3. In what part of India is Krishnapur located?
(a) Northern India.
(b) Eastern India.
(c) Western India.
(d) Southern India.
4. Who was Jackson?
(a) the Padre's favorite parishoner.
(b) an indigo farmer who died during the siege.
(c) Dr. Dunstaple's nephew.
(d) the soldier who had been singing about the Crimea.
5. What is the name of cemeteries in Krishnapur?
(a) "Eternal Resting Places".
(b) "Peaceful Destinations".
(c) "Heavenly Abodes".
(d) "Cities of the Silent".
6. Dr. Dunstaple makes fun of what native practice that Dr. McNab uses?
(a) rubbing mud into wounds.
(b) bee pollen for the skin.
(d) ants as stitches.
7. Who were the dhobi?
(b) the Eurasians.
(c) native Christians.
(d) Indians who washed the clothes of the British.
8. How did Abdallah try to cheer up the Magistrate?
(a) by telling him an entertaining Sufi tale.
(b) by telling him a Mohammedan joke against the Hindus.
(c) by telling him that the Bristish were a superior race.
(d) by reassuring him that the British were safe.
9. The two giant marble busts that Harry dragged to each side of the cannon were of whom?
(a) Shakespeare and Hugo.
(b) Aristotle and Homer.
(c) Plato and Socrates.
(d) Voltaire and Baudelaire.
10. What do the Collector and Miriam take a tour of?
(a) the Maharajah's gardens.
(b) the local bazaar.
(c) the opium factory.
(d) a local mosque.
11. How do the British men describe the upbringing of rich natives?
(a) as "disciplined".
(b) as "stoic".
(c) as "effeminate".
(d) as "thorough".
12. What animals had lived where Hari and the Prime Minister were now kept?
13. Who disagrees with the Padre's view of God?
(c) the Collector.
14. What do the Padre and Vokins do to help during the siege?
(a) serve the ammunition.
(b) gather metal objects for the cannon.
(c) man the rifles.
15. Who arrives wounded in Part 1, Chapter 6?
(a) the general.
(b) Dr. McNab.
(c) the Collector.
(d) the Magistrate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the two fat Sikhs chewing in this chapter?
2. What about her looks upsets Louise?
3. Who do Harry and Fleury ride to warn telling them to come to the Residency for safety?
4. Who saved Fleury at the last moment when he was waiting for a sepoy to pierce him with a sabre?
5. What happened to Fleury when he became excited?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)