|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2 Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a new arrival in the colony called?
(a) an ignoramus.
(b) a greenhorn.
(c) a griffin.
(d) an untested one.
2. What were the money lenders known as?
3. There was talk of shooting what besides the dogs?
(a) the wives.
(b) the Indian servants.
(c) the Eurasians.
(d) each other.
4. Which room was the Collector's favorite room and why?
(a) the dining hall where he could socialize.
(b) the study because it contained all his favorite objects.
(c) his bedroom where he felt safe and serene.
(d) the library where all his books were.
5. Who sent a letter to Lucy begging her to come to the Residency for safety?
(c) the Collector.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Harry afraid of?
2. What area do the British assign Major Hogan to defend?
3. What one person besides the poorest natives in Krishnapur ate the melons?
4. What was the name of the Collector's English manservant?
5. What did the Collector wear which symbolized his attempt to exhibit culture and inspiration to the besieged residents?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)