|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What entire bottle of tablets did Jack chew to stop a hangover?
(a) Liver pills
2. What does Dr. Edmonds say Danny possesses?
(a) Extraordinary human perception
(b) Very good memory
(c) Scattered illusions
(d) Emotional instability
3. How does Jack feel about Danny going into Room 217?
(a) Angry that Danny stole the key to the room
(b) He feels it is okay if Danny went into the room
(c) He feels Danny should be punished no matter how scared he is
(d) He doesn't blame Danny for going into the room
4. What does Wendy do when she gets to Danny?
(a) She tells Jack to carry Danny to the bedroom
(b) She picks him up and runs to the bedroom
(c) She yells at Danny for scaring her
(d) She faints at the sight of Danny's neck
5. When Danny shines what is the name of the imaginary person?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do both Danny and Wendy agree to spend the winter?
2. Why is Jack mocking George?
3. What does Tony do as he stands at the bus stop down the block?
4. Watson explains every hotel has its scandals. What is Overlook's?
5. Why is Jack feeling sympathy for Ullman as he says his goodbyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What incident occurs at the school Jack formerly taught that gives the reader an idea of Jack's temper?
2. Why does Jack call Mr. Ullman?
3. What is Jack's gut reaction once Mr. Ullman leaves the Overlook and the Torrance family is left alone?
4. What incident occurs that causes Jack to dislike the Overlook Hotel?
5. Describe the Overlook's cook, Halloran.
6. Why does Danny grab the guardrail and become faint when the family is looking at the Overlook Hotel for the first time?
7. What scares Jack as he turns to look at the topiary from the playground?
8. What vision does Danny experience when Dr. Bill asks him to try and contact Tony?
9. Why does Mr. Ullman hire Jack to be the winter caretaker at the Overlook hotel?
10. What does Danny imagine is outside his window after Tony warns him not to go to the hotel?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)