|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase by Ullman echoed in Jack's mind?
(a) Winter is wonderful at Overlook
(b) The winter silence is soothing
(c) You will not regret it
(d) You lost your temper
2. What is the purpose of the thermostats at Overlook?
(a) Are just for show, not connected
(b) Control the guest rooms within 2 degrees of setting
(c) Keep the dust to a minimum
(d) Are all set at the same temperature
3. As Jack is ready to leave Room 217, what happens?
(a) He smells lavender soap and hears a metallic sound from the bathroom
(b) He sees blood on the floor
(c) He sees a hedge lion in the doorway
(d) The door locks before he can get out
4. What does Wendy assume happened to Danny's neck?
(a) Jack did it
(b) Danny did it
(c) Danny fell on the stairs
(d) Danny did it with his jump rope
5. What happens when Jack covers his eyes and then reopens them?
(a) Snow has begun to fall
(b) The hedge lion moves closer
(c) Danny falls in the snow
(d) The hedge animals are back in position
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Danny see in the bathroom?
2. What is the important responsibility of the caretaker that Ullman reminds Jack of?
3. What does Jack think about when he takes a break from trimming the topiary animals and goes to the playground?
4. What transpires as Wendy is about to mention divorce?
5. What does Hallorann always smell before he shines?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Wendy decide to make Danny an appointment for a physical in Sidewinder?
2. What does Stephen King compare the Torrance family to as they go into the hotel during the snowstorm?
3. What view do the Torrance's see as they look out the window in the Overlook Hotel?
4. What scares Jack as he turns to look at the topiary from the playground?
5. What vision does Danny experience when Dr. Bill asks him to try and contact Tony?
6. What incident occurs that causes Jack to dislike the Overlook Hotel?
7. Describe the woman Danny sees when he enters the bathroom of Room 217.
8. Why does Wendy change her mind about divorcing Jack?
9. What happens to terrify Danny as he contemplates opening the door to Room 217?
10. What is the message Jack receives from his dead father on the two-way radio?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)