|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Brent causing a fuss?
(a) She is not allowed to pay with her American Express card
(b) The hotel cannot account for some of her jewelry
(c) She thinks the bill is overcharged
(d) Her second husband has checked out without her
2. Where does Wendy find Jack after she hears him screaming?
(a) In the basement with the scrapbook in his lap
(b) In Ullman's office with a broken CB radio
(c) In the pantry, cowering in the corner
(d) At his typewriter
3. What does Jack notice when he hears a noise behind him in the topiary?
(a) Wendy is waving to him
(b) A rabbit jumps out of the bushes
(c) Danny is playing in the snow
(d) The hedge animals are blocking his path
4. Why is Jack ranting before Danny provides the answer?
(a) He cannot locate the trunk labeled
(b) Wendy's expensive wristwatch is missing
(c) The movers broke at least 6 things
(d) The VW fuel pump has failed
5. Why is the road from town to Overlook not plowed?
(a) No residences on that road
(b) The road is too steep
(c) Danger of falling rock
(d) Hotel is closed
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Wendy and Jack find Danny?
2. What does Jack find when he first pulls back the shower curtain in Room 217?
3. What does Danny say happened to him in Room 217?
4. As Danny runs to the door, what does he remember Hallorann told him?
5. Who forces reconciliation between Wendy and her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the contents of the scrapbook Jack discovers in the basement of the Overlook?
2. What does Danny see on the wallpaper as Ullman gives the Torrance's a tour of the Overlook?
3. What does Stephen King compare the Torrance family to as they go into the hotel during the snowstorm?
4. Describe the Overlook's cook, Halloran.
5. What does Danny imagine is outside his window after Tony warns him not to go to the hotel?
6. Why does Wendy change her mind about divorcing Jack?
7. What does Danny tell Jack and Wendy once he has gained control of himself?
8. What event causes Al Shockley and Jack to swear off drinking?
9. Describe the woman Danny sees when he enters the bathroom of Room 217.
10. What is the message Jack receives from his dead father on the two-way radio?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)