|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Watson explains every hotel has its scandals. What is Overlook's?
(a) The rich woman overdoses when the 17 year old
(b) Illegal workers often hide here for weeks
(c) Non-payment of taxes for years
(d) Criminals often operate here for months because of the seclusion
2. How many guest rooms in the Overlook?
3. Where do Wendy and Jack find Danny?
(a) In the topiary
(b) In the equipment shed
(c) In the basement
(d) At the top of the stairs with a bruised neck
4. What entire bottle of tablets did Jack chew to stop a hangover?
(d) Liver pills
5. How does Jack's father kill his mother?
(a) He hits her full force in the face and the back of the head, and cracking open her skull
(b) He suffocates her
(c) He pushes her down the stairs
(d) He poisons her
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Jack and Al have in common?
2. What is student George Hatfield doing when Jack attacks him?
3. What 3 words does Danny say as Jack is shaking him?
4. What does Jack find when he first pulls back the shower curtain in Room 217?
5. What does Jack do when he goes to the Colorado Lounge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Wendy assume happened to Danny when she sees the red welts around his neck and how does she react?
2. What scares Jack as he turns to look at the topiary from the playground?
3. What does Stephen King compare the Torrance family to as they go into the hotel during the snowstorm?
4. Why does Danny grab the guardrail and become faint when the family is looking at the Overlook Hotel for the first time?
5. What is Jack's gut reaction once Mr. Ullman leaves the Overlook and the Torrance family is left alone?
6. Describe the woman Danny sees when he enters the bathroom of Room 217.
7. What does Danny tell Jack and Wendy once he has gained control of himself?
8. Describe the Overlook's cook, Halloran.
9. What incident occurs at the school Jack formerly taught that gives the reader an idea of Jack's temper?
10. What incident occurs that causes Jack to dislike the Overlook Hotel?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)