|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack see in the bathroom of Room 217 the second time he looks?
(a) A woman's shape in the tub
(b) Nothing again
(c) Hallorann's body
(d) A bathtub of blood
2. What old behaviors are Jack doing that has Wendy worried?
(a) Anger, profanity, rage, rubbing his lips, silence
(b) Contradicting, dancing, biting his nails
(c) Picking his eyebrows, biting his nails, spitting
(d) Laughing, passing out, biting his lip
3. What does Dr. Edmonds say Danny possesses?
(a) Emotional instability
(b) Extraordinary human perception
(c) Very good memory
(d) Scattered illusions
4. Why is Jack feeling sympathy for Ullman as he says his goodbyes?
(a) Ullman has no one to travel with him
(b) Ullman's attire is threadbare and shabby
(c) Ullman appears exhausted
(d) The hotel season is over
5. Why did Danny lock the bathroom door?
(a) To keep Wendy out
(b) He is afraid of the wasps
(c) He hears voices coming that way
(d) Tony tells him to
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that scares Danny before his shine ends at the curb?
2. What does Hallorann always smell before he shines?
3. Why does Dr. Edmonds theorize Danny does not need Tony anymore?
4. What does Danny say happened to him in Room 217?
5. What does Wendy think as she, Danny, and Jack watch the snow fall?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jack call Mr. Ullman?
2. Describe the Overlook's cook, Halloran.
3. What are the changes Wendy notices in Jack that cause her to worry so much about him?
4. What vision does Danny experience when Dr. Bill asks him to try and contact Tony?
5. What happens to terrify Danny as he contemplates opening the door to Room 217?
6. Describe the woman Danny sees when he enters the bathroom of Room 217.
7. When Danny comes out of his comatose state, he screams for his Daddy. What does he say and what assumption does Jack make?
8. What does Danny's mother tell him about Tony?
9. What incident occurs that causes Jack to dislike the Overlook Hotel?
10. What memory does Jack have that causes him feel worthless and shameful, making him want to drink?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)