|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What old behaviors are Jack doing that has Wendy worried?
(a) Contradicting, dancing, biting his nails
(b) Picking his eyebrows, biting his nails, spitting
(c) Anger, profanity, rage, rubbing his lips, silence
(d) Laughing, passing out, biting his lip
2. Why is Jack ranting before Danny provides the answer?
(a) The VW fuel pump has failed
(b) He cannot locate the trunk labeled
(c) The movers broke at least 6 things
(d) Wendy's expensive wristwatch is missing
3. When Danny shines what is the name of the imaginary person?
4. What is the time period when the Overlook is built?
(a) After the Civil War, 1868 to 1870
(b) After World War II, 1946 to 1948
(c) Between 1907 to 1909
(d) During the Great Depression
5. What gruesome literary work comes to mind as Danny stands at room 217?
(a) Fitcher's Bird
(b) How the Devil Married Three Sisters
(d) The Bloody Chamber
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ullman describe the Florida place?
2. What does Wendy assume happened to Danny's neck?
3. What is the purpose of the thermostats at Overlook?
4. What does Danny say happened to him in Room 217?
5. What does Wendy do when she gets to Danny?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the woman Danny sees when he enters the bathroom of Room 217.
2. What scares Jack as he turns to look at the topiary from the playground?
3. What vision does Danny experience when Dr. Bill asks him to try and contact Tony?
4. What event causes Al Shockley and Jack to swear off drinking?
5. What happens to terrify Danny as he contemplates opening the door to Room 217?
6. What incident occurs at the school Jack formerly taught that gives the reader an idea of Jack's temper?
7. Why does Danny grab the guardrail and become faint when the family is looking at the Overlook Hotel for the first time?
8. Why does Wendy change her mind about divorcing Jack?
9. Describe the Overlook's cook, Halloran.
10. Why does Jack call Mr. Ullman?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)