|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack find when he first pulls back the shower curtain in Room 217?
(b) A hedge lion
(d) The dead woman
2. What is Wendy thinking about the 1926 Overlook elevator?
(a) It is quaint
(b) It is unsafe
(c) It is well maintained
(d) It is too small
3. What does Wendy do when she gets to Danny?
(a) She tells Jack to carry Danny to the bedroom
(b) She faints at the sight of Danny's neck
(c) She yells at Danny for scaring her
(d) She picks him up and runs to the bedroom
4. What does Danny tell his mother when she asks him to ask Tony if they should leave the hotel?
(a) He says that he is mad at Tony
(b) He tells her he doesn't like to talk to Tony
(c) He says that he can't make Tony come
(d) He says that Tony can't come anymore
5. What happens when Jack covers his eyes and then reopens them?
(a) Snow has begun to fall
(b) The hedge lion moves closer
(c) Danny falls in the snow
(d) The hedge animals are back in position
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tony do as he stands at the bus stop down the block?
2. Where do both Danny and Wendy agree to spend the winter?
3. What does Jack say he intentionally did to Danny?
4. How many guest rooms in the Overlook?
5. How does Jack's father kill his mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jack call Mr. Ullman?
2. What does Danny see on the wallpaper as Ullman gives the Torrance's a tour of the Overlook?
3. What does Wendy assume happened to Danny when she sees the red welts around his neck and how does she react?
4. What does Jack do when he finds Wendy in the ballroom?
5. Jack feels Wendy is nagging him when she continues to ask about finding the snowmobile to get away from the Overlook? As Jack dwells on what she has said, what solution does he come up with?
6. What view do the Torrance's see as they look out the window in the Overlook Hotel?
7. What does Jack continue to scream while he is locked in the pantry?
8. Why is Hallorann so frustrated when he gets off the plane in Denver?
9. What are the changes Wendy notices in Jack that cause her to worry so much about him?
10. What happens to Danny when he concentrates, thinking very hard?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)