|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Watson explains every hotel has its scandals. What is Overlook's?
(a) Illegal workers often hide here for weeks
(b) Non-payment of taxes for years
(c) Criminals often operate here for months because of the seclusion
(d) The rich woman overdoses when the 17 year old
2. What is Wendy thinking about the 1926 Overlook elevator?
(a) It is well maintained
(b) It is quaint
(c) It is too small
(d) It is unsafe
3. Where do both Danny and Wendy agree to spend the winter?
(a) In Sidewinder
(b) In Vermont
(c) At the Overlook
(d) At her mother's
4. What old behaviors are Jack doing that has Wendy worried?
(a) Laughing, passing out, biting his lip
(b) Anger, profanity, rage, rubbing his lips, silence
(c) Picking his eyebrows, biting his nails, spitting
(d) Contradicting, dancing, biting his nails
5. When Danny shines what is the name of the imaginary person?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jack ranting before Danny provides the answer?
2. What is the surprise item for Danny when he returns from the store?
3. Where are Jack and Wendy while the dead woman is strangling Danny?
4. What transpires as Wendy is about to mention divorce?
5. Why is Stuart Ullman hiring Jack to be caretaker of the Overlook?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Danny when he concentrates, thinking very hard?
2. Describe the woman Danny sees when he enters the bathroom of Room 217.
3. What does Jack continue to scream while he is locked in the pantry?
4. What events take place after Wendy finds Jack drunk on the floor?
5. What is Dick Hallorann's reaction when he hears Danny's pleas for help in his head?
6. Why does Wendy change her mind about divorcing Jack?
7. What view do the Torrance's see as they look out the window in the Overlook Hotel?
8. How does Hallorann escape from the hedge lion's attack?
9. Why does Jack compare his life to "The Great Wasp Nest of Life"?
10. What scares Jack as he turns to look at the topiary from the playground?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)