Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase by Ullman echoed in Jack's mind?
(a) You lost your temper
(b) Winter is wonderful at Overlook
(c) You will not regret it
(d) The winter silence is soothing
2. What occurs at the scenic turnout?
(a) The VW overheats and stalls for hours
(b) Danny realizes REDRUM is at the Overlook
(c) Wendy comments on heavy traffic coming from Overlook
(d) Wendy refuses to look at the panorama
3. As Danny lies awake, what does he imagine about flesh eating plants?
(a) They drag him to darkness
(b) They drag Jack away
(c) They surround Overlook
(d) They surround the VW
4. What is the important responsibility of the caretaker that Ullman reminds Jack of?
(a) Be sure to check the boiler
(b) Repair the roof
(c) Keep the pantry stocked
(d) Maintain the playground
5. What is the "bad thing" the maid is showing Hallorann?
(a) The pool
(b) The kitchen
(c) Room 217
(d) The lobby
Short Answer Questions
1. What indicates to Wendy that all is not right with Danny?
2. How does Jack feel about Danny going into Room 217?
3. Why is Jack ranting before Danny provides the answer?
4. What is the surprise item for Danny when he returns from the store?
5. Why is Jack feeling sympathy for Ullman as he says his goodbyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Wendy change her mind about divorcing Jack?
2. Does Wendy escape from Jack after she stabs him?
3. What incident occurs at the school Jack formerly taught that gives the reader an idea of Jack's temper?
4. What does Jack see and hear when he goes to the Colorado Lounge?
5. What happens to Danny when he concentrates, thinking very hard?
6. When Danny comes out of his comatose state, he screams for his Daddy. What does he say and what assumption does Jack make?
7. What is the message Jack receives from his dead father on the two-way radio?
8. What happens to terrify Danny as he contemplates opening the door to Room 217?
9. What do Hallorann, Wendy, and Danny see as they are riding in the snowmobile on the way to Sidewinder?
10. What vision does Danny experience when Dr. Bill asks him to try and contact Tony?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)