|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Wendy find Jack after she hears him screaming?
(a) In the basement with the scrapbook in his lap
(b) At his typewriter
(c) In Ullman's office with a broken CB radio
(d) In the pantry, cowering in the corner
2. What does Dr. Edmonds say Danny possesses?
(a) Very good memory
(b) Emotional instability
(c) Scattered illusions
(d) Extraordinary human perception
3. What does Jack dream his father tells him through the radio?
(a) To get out of the Overlook
(b) To kill himself
(c) To take Danny off the mountain
(d) To kill Danny
4. As Danny runs to the door, what does he remember Hallorann told him?
(a) Nothing in the hotel can harm him
(b) Close his eyes and everything will go away
(c) Everything in the hotel is real
(d) Think about something else
5. How much liquor remains in the Colorado Lounge?
(b) Enough to last until next summer
(c) Only 3 bottles
(d) Enough to last at least half the winter months
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack notice when he hears a noise behind him in the topiary?
2. What happens in the hallway that nearly freezes Danny with terror?
3. What is the outcome of Jack's attack on George Hatfield?
4. Where do Wendy and Jack find Danny?
5. What is the surprise item for Danny when he returns from the store?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jack discover when he goes to investigate Room 217?
2. Why does Danny grab the guardrail and become faint when the family is looking at the Overlook Hotel for the first time?
3. What incident occurs that causes Jack to dislike the Overlook Hotel?
4. Why does Wendy decide to make Danny an appointment for a physical in Sidewinder?
5. What happens to terrify Danny as he contemplates opening the door to Room 217?
6. Why does Jack call Mr. Ullman?
7. What are the contents of the scrapbook Jack discovers in the basement of the Overlook?
8. Describe the Overlook's cook, Halloran.
9. What does Danny imagine is outside his window after Tony warns him not to go to the hotel?
10. What event causes Al Shockley and Jack to swear off drinking?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)