|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wendy thinking about the 1926 Overlook elevator?
(a) It is quaint
(b) It is too small
(c) It is well maintained
(d) It is unsafe
2. What happens when Jack covers his eyes and then reopens them?
(a) The hedge animals are back in position
(b) The hedge lion moves closer
(c) Danny falls in the snow
(d) Snow has begun to fall
3. What is the last town before Overlook?
(a) Ullman Township
(d) Sidewinder Pass
4. What is student George Hatfield doing when Jack attacks him?
(a) Fondling Wendy
(b) Cheating during the debate team activity
(c) Puncturing Jack's VW tires
(d) Hurting Danny's arm
5. What does Wendy sense from the moment Danny is born?
(a) The family should re-locate to Massachusetts
(b) Danny is somehow unusual
(c) She will not have another child
(d) She will have many more children
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jack thinking as he gazes at the wasp nest?
2. How much liquor remains in the Colorado Lounge?
3. What happens as Danny tests his shining on Hallorann?
4. What is it that Jack and Al have in common?
5. What old behaviors are Jack doing that has Wendy worried?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jack's gut reaction once Mr. Ullman leaves the Overlook and the Torrance family is left alone?
2. Why does Mr. Ullman hire Jack to be the winter caretaker at the Overlook hotel?
3. What does Danny see on the wallpaper as Ullman gives the Torrance's a tour of the Overlook?
4. Describe the woman Danny sees when he enters the bathroom of Room 217.
5. Why does Wendy decide to make Danny an appointment for a physical in Sidewinder?
6. Why does Danny grab the guardrail and become faint when the family is looking at the Overlook Hotel for the first time?
7. What view do the Torrance's see as they look out the window in the Overlook Hotel?
8. What does Wendy assume happened to Danny when she sees the red welts around his neck and how does she react?
9. What is the message Jack receives from his dead father on the two-way radio?
10. Why does Wendy change her mind about divorcing Jack?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)