|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Danny see in the bathroom?
(a) A dead bloated female corpse grinning up at him with glassy dead eyes
(b) An empty wasp's nest
(d) Ullman's head
2. Where do Wendy and Jack find Danny?
(a) In the basement
(b) In the topiary
(c) In the equipment shed
(d) At the top of the stairs with a bruised neck
3. What does Hallorann always smell before he shines?
(a) Chicken cooking
(c) Pine trees
4. What is the outcome of Jack's attack on George Hatfield?
(a) George offers the use of his car for the move to the Overlook
(b) Jack remains on the faculty 2 more years, George switches teachers
(c) Jack is fired, George is expelled from school
(d) George buys 4 new tires for the VW
5. How did Jack's father treat him when he was drunk?
(a) Hugged him
(b) Ignored him
(c) Screamed at him
(d) Beat him
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wendy sense from the moment Danny is born?
2. What does Jack do when he sees George in the act of vandalism?
3. Why doesn't Danny want to go to his grandmother's?
4. What does Danny tell his mother when she asks him to ask Tony if they should leave the hotel?
5. What is the important responsibility of the caretaker that Ullman reminds Jack of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Danny's mother tell him about Tony?
2. What does Jack continue to scream while he is locked in the pantry?
3. What does Hallorann encounter while he is going to the Overlook on the snowmobile?
4. What happens to Danny when he concentrates, thinking very hard?
5. Does Wendy escape from Jack after she stabs him?
6. What does Danny think about as he and Wendy wait in the bedroom with a kitchen knife in Wendy's hand?
7. What happens to terrify Danny as he contemplates opening the door to Room 217?
8. What does Jack suddenly realize while he is in the basement looking over old rock and roll albums?
9. What memory does Jack have that causes him feel worthless and shameful, making him want to drink?
10. Jack goes to the equipment shed and finds the snowmobile. What does he decide to do after he finds all the parts he needs to get the Skidoo running?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)