|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Wendy and Jack find Danny?
(a) In the topiary
(b) In the basement
(c) In the equipment shed
(d) At the top of the stairs with a bruised neck
2. What does Dr. Edmonds say Danny possesses?
(a) Scattered illusions
(b) Extraordinary human perception
(c) Emotional instability
(d) Very good memory
3. What is student George Hatfield doing when Jack attacks him?
(a) Puncturing Jack's VW tires
(b) Hurting Danny's arm
(c) Fondling Wendy
(d) Cheating during the debate team activity
4. What happens as Danny stands at the bedroom window at 2 AM?
(a) He sees a deserted street
(b) He sees vandals once again puncture VW tires
(c) He sees Jack passed out on the sidewalk.
(d) He hears only soft breezes.
5. What does Jack think about when he takes a break from trimming the topiary animals and goes to the playground?
(a) He thinks about Danny's friend, Tony
(b) He thinks about Wendy's mother
(c) He thinks about his life with his alcoholic father
(d) He thinks about his life in Vermont
6. As Danny lies awake, what does he imagine about flesh eating plants?
(a) They surround the VW
(b) They drag Jack away
(c) They drag him to darkness
(d) They surround Overlook
7. How does Ullman describe the Florida place?
(a) A smaller version of Overlook
(b) Better furnished than Overlook
(c) A dump
(d) Will be closed forever next year
8. What does Jack do when he goes to the Colorado Lounge?
(a) He sits on a barstool talking to his father
(b) He sits down and cries
(c) He thinks about how much he loves Wendy
(d) He starts a conversation with Lloyd, the bartender
9. What occurs at the scenic turnout?
(a) Wendy comments on heavy traffic coming from Overlook
(b) The VW overheats and stalls for hours
(c) Danny realizes REDRUM is at the Overlook
(d) Wendy refuses to look at the panorama
10. What does Wendy tell Danny about his friend, Tony?
(a) She believes in him
(b) It's okay for Danny to have an imaginary friend
(c) She doesn't think he is real
(d) Danny is too old for an imaginary friend
11. As he ascends the basement stairs, what words of Watson does he recall?
(a) This is one of the world's greatest hotels
(b) The guest lists hide many secrets
(c) Do not poke around in the basement
(d) Every big hotel has got a ghost
12. Why is Jack ranting before Danny provides the answer?
(a) The VW fuel pump has failed
(b) The movers broke at least 6 things
(c) Wendy's expensive wristwatch is missing
(d) He cannot locate the trunk labeled
13. Why is Mrs. Brent causing a fuss?
(a) She thinks the bill is overcharged
(b) Her second husband has checked out without her
(c) The hotel cannot account for some of her jewelry
(d) She is not allowed to pay with her American Express card
14. How did Jack's father treat him when he was drunk?
(a) Screamed at him
(b) Beat him
(c) Ignored him
(d) Hugged him
15. When Danny breaks free from Wendy's arms, what does he scream?
(a) Mr. Grady did it!
(b) Lloyd did it!
(c) It was her!
(d) Daddy did it!
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do both Danny and Wendy agree to spend the winter?
2. What phrase by Ullman echoed in Jack's mind?
3. When Danny shines what is the name of the imaginary person?
4. How does Jack's father kill his mother?
5. What 3 words does Danny say as Jack is shaking him?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)