|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack do when he sees George in the act of vandalism?
(a) Shouts a vulgarity as George flees the scene
(b) Calls campus security
(c) Disarms him and punches him out
(d) Asks the debate class to witness the events
2. What does Jack do when he goes to the Colorado Lounge?
(a) He thinks about how much he loves Wendy
(b) He sits on a barstool talking to his father
(c) He sits down and cries
(d) He starts a conversation with Lloyd, the bartender
3. Who does Jack call while Danny waits in the VW?
(a) Al Shockley
(b) George Hatfield
(c) Stuart Ullman
4. When Danny shines what is the name of the imaginary person?
5. Why is Mrs. Brent causing a fuss?
(a) She is not allowed to pay with her American Express card
(b) She thinks the bill is overcharged
(c) The hotel cannot account for some of her jewelry
(d) Her second husband has checked out without her
6. Why doesn't Danny want to go to his grandmother's?
(a) He knows about the hatred between Wendy and her mother
(b) He doesn't like his grandmother's cooking
(c) His grandmother's house smells
(d) His grandmother has mean cats
7. What entire bottle of tablets did Jack chew to stop a hangover?
(d) Liver pills
8. What is it that scares Danny before his shine ends at the curb?
(a) Redrum redrum redrum written on a bathroom mirror
(b) Tom the drunk
(c) The VW huffing up the street
(d) The word divorce
9. What is Jack thinking as he gazes at the wasp nest?
(a) Danny will be in danger while playing on the lawn
(b) The bug bomb might not be effective
(c) Symbolic of his life's experiences
(d) One of the smallest he has ever seen
10. What does Jack say he intentionally did to Danny?
(a) Told him scary stories
(b) Suggested he was a strange, loser child
(c) Left him alone in the car for long periods
(d) Broke his arm
11. Why did Danny lock the bathroom door?
(a) He is afraid of the wasps
(b) He hears voices coming that way
(c) Tony tells him to
(d) To keep Wendy out
12. Why is Stuart Ullman hiring Jack to be caretaker of the Overlook?
(a) He likes Jack's attitude
(b) He knows Jack needs the money
(c) Because of the influence of Albert Shockley
(d) He wants to give Jack a chance
13. What is it that Jack and Al have in common?
(a) Extramarital affairs
(c) Wealthy ancestors
(d) Fondness for VWs
14. How does Al Shockley react to Jack's idea about writing a historical book about the Overlook?
(a) He loves the idea
(b) He is critical of the idea, telling Jack to forget about it
(c) He wants Jack to begin the book right away
(d) He wants to be mentioned in the book
15. What is Wendy thinking about the 1926 Overlook elevator?
(a) It is too small
(b) It is unsafe
(c) It is well maintained
(d) It is quaint
Short Answer Questions
1. What 3 words does Danny say as Jack is shaking him?
2. Why is Jack feeling sympathy for Ullman as he says his goodbyes?
3. Why is Jack mocking George?
4. What is the background of some guests of the Overlook that Jack reads in an article he finds in the basement?
5. When Danny breaks free from Wendy's arms, what does he scream?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)