Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase by Ullman echoed in Jack's mind?
(a) You lost your temper
(b) Winter is wonderful at Overlook
(c) You will not regret it
(d) The winter silence is soothing
2. What occurs at the scenic turnout?
(a) The VW overheats and stalls for hours
(b) Danny realizes REDRUM is at the Overlook
(c) Wendy comments on heavy traffic coming from Overlook
(d) Wendy refuses to look at the panorama
3. As Danny lies awake, what does he imagine about flesh eating plants?
(a) They drag him to darkness
(b) They drag Jack away
(c) They surround Overlook
(d) They surround the VW
4. What is the important responsibility of the caretaker that Ullman reminds Jack of?
(a) Be sure to check the boiler
(b) Repair the roof
(c) Keep the pantry stocked
(d) Maintain the playground
5. What is the "bad thing" the maid is showing Hallorann?
(a) The pool
(b) The kitchen
(c) Room 217
(d) The lobby
6. What indicates to Wendy that all is not right with Danny?
(a) He chatters non-stop
(b) Bad dreams every night
(c) She thinks he has lost weight
(d) He is tired all the time
7. How does Jack feel about Danny going into Room 217?
(a) He feels it is okay if Danny went into the room
(b) He feels Danny should be punished no matter how scared he is
(c) He doesn't blame Danny for going into the room
(d) Angry that Danny stole the key to the room
8. Why is Jack ranting before Danny provides the answer?
(a) The movers broke at least 6 things
(b) He cannot locate the trunk labeled
(c) The VW fuel pump has failed
(d) Wendy's expensive wristwatch is missing
9. What is the surprise item for Danny when he returns from the store?
(a) Some new books
(b) A wasp nest
(c) Pictures of him with Hallorann
(d) 3 dead wasps
10. Why is Jack feeling sympathy for Ullman as he says his goodbyes?
(a) Ullman has no one to travel with him
(b) Ullman's attire is threadbare and shabby
(c) The hotel season is over
(d) Ullman appears exhausted
11. Why is Mrs. Brent causing a fuss?
(a) Her second husband has checked out without her
(b) The hotel cannot account for some of her jewelry
(c) She is not allowed to pay with her American Express card
(d) She thinks the bill is overcharged
12. What does Jack do when he sees George in the act of vandalism?
(a) Disarms him and punches him out
(b) Shouts a vulgarity as George flees the scene
(c) Calls campus security
(d) Asks the debate class to witness the events
13. What is Halloran's assurance to Danny?
(a) He will have lots to do in the winter
(b) Supplies will last all winter
(c) There are only a few storms each winter
(d) There is nothing at Overlook that can hurt him
14. What thought is Hallorann shining to Danny?
(a) Your family is in danger at Overlook
(b) Your father hates you
(c) Pretend illness and get out of Overlook today
(d) Sure you don't want to go to Florida doc?
15. What does Danny tell his mother when she asks him to ask Tony if they should leave the hotel?
(a) He says that he can't make Tony come
(b) He says that Tony can't come anymore
(c) He tells her he doesn't like to talk to Tony
(d) He says that he is mad at Tony
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wendy sense from the moment Danny is born?
2. What is it that Jack and Al have in common?
3. What does Jack notice when he hears a noise behind him in the topiary?
4. What does Wendy think as she, Danny, and Jack watch the snow fall?
5. How does Wendy react when she realizes that Jack really didn't hurt Danny?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)