|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as Danny stands at the bedroom window at 2 AM?
(a) He hears only soft breezes.
(b) He sees Jack passed out on the sidewalk.
(c) He sees a deserted street
(d) He sees vandals once again puncture VW tires
2. Who forces reconciliation between Wendy and her mother?
(a) Her therapist
(d) Al Shockley
3. What happens when Jack covers his eyes and then reopens them?
(a) Danny falls in the snow
(b) The hedge lion moves closer
(c) Snow has begun to fall
(d) The hedge animals are back in position
4. What does Danny see in the bathroom?
(a) A dead bloated female corpse grinning up at him with glassy dead eyes
(b) Ullman's head
(c) An empty wasp's nest
5. What is Halloran's assurance to Danny?
(a) There is nothing at Overlook that can hurt him
(b) He will have lots to do in the winter
(c) There are only a few storms each winter
(d) Supplies will last all winter
6. Why did Danny lock the bathroom door?
(a) He is afraid of the wasps
(b) He hears voices coming that way
(c) To keep Wendy out
(d) Tony tells him to
7. What would Jack do to the topiary animals if he owned the Overlook?
(a) Hire a professional landscaper to take care of them
(b) Trim them regularly
(c) Cut them all down
(d) Fertilize the soil around them
8. What is the outcome of Jack's attack on George Hatfield?
(a) Jack is fired, George is expelled from school
(b) Jack remains on the faculty 2 more years, George switches teachers
(c) George offers the use of his car for the move to the Overlook
(d) George buys 4 new tires for the VW
9. What is the last town before Overlook?
(a) Ullman Township
(c) Sidewinder Pass
10. Where are Jack and Wendy while the dead woman is strangling Danny?
(a) In the basement
(d) In the equipment shed
11. What does Jack find when he first pulls back the shower curtain in Room 217?
(b) The dead woman
(c) A hedge lion
12. Where does Wendy find Jack after she hears him screaming?
(a) At his typewriter
(b) In the pantry, cowering in the corner
(c) In Ullman's office with a broken CB radio
(d) In the basement with the scrapbook in his lap
13. How did Jack's father treat him when he was drunk?
(a) Beat him
(b) Hugged him
(c) Screamed at him
(d) Ignored him
14. As Danny lies awake, what does he imagine about flesh eating plants?
(a) They drag him to darkness
(b) They surround Overlook
(c) They drag Jack away
(d) They surround the VW
15. What does Jack dream his father tells him through the radio?
(a) To kill Danny
(b) To take Danny off the mountain
(c) To kill himself
(d) To get out of the Overlook
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the background of some guests of the Overlook that Jack reads in an article he finds in the basement?
2. What is the purpose of the thermostats at Overlook?
3. What does Jack see in the bathroom of Room 217 the second time he looks?
4. How does Al Shockley react to Jack's idea about writing a historical book about the Overlook?
5. What does Jack notice when he hears a noise behind him in the topiary?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)