|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Danny go after he opens the door to Room 217?
(a) To the mirror
(b) Into the bathroom
(c) To the mini bar
(d) To the bed
2. How many guest rooms in the Overlook?
3. What is Jack thinking as he gazes at the wasp nest?
(a) Danny will be in danger while playing on the lawn
(b) One of the smallest he has ever seen
(c) Symbolic of his life's experiences
(d) The bug bomb might not be effective
4. What 3 words does Danny say as Jack is shaking him?
(a) Call the sheriff
(b) Roque, Stroke, REDRUM
(c) Stop shaking me
(d) Let Hallorann speak
5. How does Wendy react when she realizes that Jack really didn't hurt Danny?
(a) She figures he will hurt Danny sooner or later
(b) She is remorseful for not giving Jack the benefit of the doubt
(c) She doesn't care that she blamed him
(d) She tries to pretend that she never accused Jack of hurting Danny
6. What does Danny see in the bathroom?
(a) An empty wasp's nest
(b) Ullman's head
(d) A dead bloated female corpse grinning up at him with glassy dead eyes
7. Why is Watson lingering in the lobby after staff has departed?
(a) He has misplaced his luggage
(b) To remind Jack to closely monitor the furnace and boiler
(c) To give Ullman his keys
(d) To collect his pay from Ullman
8. What does Jack see in the bathroom of Room 217 the second time he looks?
(a) A bathtub of blood
(b) Nothing again
(c) Hallorann's body
(d) A woman's shape in the tub
9. As Jack is ready to leave Room 217, what happens?
(a) The door locks before he can get out
(b) He smells lavender soap and hears a metallic sound from the bathroom
(c) He sees blood on the floor
(d) He sees a hedge lion in the doorway
10. Why is Danny sitting on the curb sulking?
(a) Tom, the drunk man on the third floor scares him
(b) He awaits his father to fix his glider
(c) His mother has just screamed and scolded him
(d) His dog is missing for over 1 hour
11. What does Jack do when he goes to the Colorado Lounge?
(a) He sits on a barstool talking to his father
(b) He thinks about how much he loves Wendy
(c) He starts a conversation with Lloyd, the bartender
(d) He sits down and cries
12. As Danny lies awake, what does he imagine about flesh eating plants?
(a) They surround the VW
(b) They drag Jack away
(c) They surround Overlook
(d) They drag him to darkness
13. What is the purpose of the thermostats at Overlook?
(a) Control the guest rooms within 2 degrees of setting
(b) Are all set at the same temperature
(c) Keep the dust to a minimum
(d) Are just for show, not connected
14. What would Jack do to the topiary animals if he owned the Overlook?
(a) Cut them all down
(b) Trim them regularly
(c) Hire a professional landscaper to take care of them
(d) Fertilize the soil around them
15. What thought arises when Jack ends the telephone call to Ullman?
(a) He needs to find Wendy and Danny and return to Overlook
(b) The winter will not be so bad
(c) You lost your temper again, Jack
(d) Al Shockley is not a reliable friend
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Wendy and Jack find Danny?
2. What phrase by Ullman echoed in Jack's mind?
3. What occurs at the scenic turnout?
4. What is it that Jack and Al have in common?
5. What entire bottle of tablets did Jack chew to stop a hangover?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)