|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Danny see in the bathroom?
(a) Ullman's head
(b) A dead bloated female corpse grinning up at him with glassy dead eyes
(d) An empty wasp's nest
2. Where do both Danny and Wendy agree to spend the winter?
(a) In Sidewinder
(b) In Vermont
(c) At her mother's
(d) At the Overlook
3. What is the "bad thing" the maid is showing Hallorann?
(a) The lobby
(b) The pool
(c) The kitchen
(d) Room 217
4. Where does Danny go after he opens the door to Room 217?
(a) To the mirror
(b) Into the bathroom
(c) To the bed
(d) To the mini bar
5. What does Jack do when he goes to the Colorado Lounge?
(a) He sits on a barstool talking to his father
(b) He thinks about how much he loves Wendy
(c) He starts a conversation with Lloyd, the bartender
(d) He sits down and cries
6. How does Jack respond to Wendy's suggestion Danny get a check-up?
(a) A verbal rant at Wendy
(b) Wordlessly stalks away
(c) Says all three of them should get a check-up
(d) Rambles on about his childhood at Danny's age.
7. What does Danny say happened to him in Room 217?
(a) He says that he was attacked by a dead woman
(b) He says he fell on the bathroom floor
(c) He says that the shower curtain fell on him
(d) He says that nothing happened
8. What happens as Danny stands at the bedroom window at 2 AM?
(a) He sees a deserted street
(b) He sees vandals once again puncture VW tires
(c) He sees Jack passed out on the sidewalk.
(d) He hears only soft breezes.
9. What does Tony do as he stands at the bus stop down the block?
(a) Signals Danny to join him
(b) Grins and slowly walks toward Danny
(c) He tells Danny not to go
(d) Insanely laughs in to the darkness
10. What is it that Jack and Al have in common?
(b) Wealthy ancestors
(c) Fondness for VWs
(d) Extramarital affairs
11. How does Jack's father kill his mother?
(a) He suffocates her
(b) He pushes her down the stairs
(c) He poisons her
(d) He hits her full force in the face and the back of the head, and cracking open her skull
12. How does Jack feel about Danny going into Room 217?
(a) He doesn't blame Danny for going into the room
(b) He feels Danny should be punished no matter how scared he is
(c) Angry that Danny stole the key to the room
(d) He feels it is okay if Danny went into the room
13. What would Jack do to the topiary animals if he owned the Overlook?
(a) Trim them regularly
(b) Hire a professional landscaper to take care of them
(c) Fertilize the soil around them
(d) Cut them all down
14. What is the purpose of the thermostats at Overlook?
(a) Are all set at the same temperature
(b) Keep the dust to a minimum
(c) Are just for show, not connected
(d) Control the guest rooms within 2 degrees of setting
15. What is Wendy thinking about the 1926 Overlook elevator?
(a) It is well maintained
(b) It is unsafe
(c) It is quaint
(d) It is too small
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Edmonds say Danny possesses?
2. Why doesn't Danny want to go to his grandmother's?
3. What is student George Hatfield doing when Jack attacks him?
4. How does Wendy react when she realizes that Jack really didn't hurt Danny?
5. What old behaviors are Jack doing that has Wendy worried?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)