|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wendy think as she, Danny, and Jack watch the snow fall?
(a) If she can save her marriage
(b) What will become of them?
(c) If it will ever be spring
(d) If Danny will have to go to the doctor
2. What is it that scares Danny before his shine ends at the curb?
(a) The word divorce
(b) Tom the drunk
(c) The VW huffing up the street
(d) Redrum redrum redrum written on a bathroom mirror
3. What indicates to Wendy that all is not right with Danny?
(a) She thinks he has lost weight
(b) He chatters non-stop
(c) Bad dreams every night
(d) He is tired all the time
4. Why is Watson lingering in the lobby after staff has departed?
(a) To remind Jack to closely monitor the furnace and boiler
(b) To give Ullman his keys
(c) He has misplaced his luggage
(d) To collect his pay from Ullman
5. What is it that Jack and Al have in common?
(a) Extramarital affairs
(b) Wealthy ancestors
(d) Fondness for VWs
6. Why did Danny lock the bathroom door?
(a) He is afraid of the wasps
(b) Tony tells him to
(c) He hears voices coming that way
(d) To keep Wendy out
7. What transpires as Wendy is about to mention divorce?
(a) Danny falls and breaks his arm
(b) She is panicky and faints
(c) Jack asks for 1 week postponement
(d) Jack loses his temper
8. What is the last town before Overlook?
(a) Sidewinder Pass
(c) Ullman Township
9. What does Jack dream his father tells him through the radio?
(a) To kill Danny
(b) To kill himself
(c) To get out of the Overlook
(d) To take Danny off the mountain
10. What does Jack think about when he takes a break from trimming the topiary animals and goes to the playground?
(a) He thinks about his life with his alcoholic father
(b) He thinks about Danny's friend, Tony
(c) He thinks about Wendy's mother
(d) He thinks about his life in Vermont
11. What is Wendy thinking about the 1926 Overlook elevator?
(a) It is well maintained
(b) It is unsafe
(c) It is too small
(d) It is quaint
12. How does Jack's father kill his mother?
(a) He pushes her down the stairs
(b) He suffocates her
(c) He hits her full force in the face and the back of the head, and cracking open her skull
(d) He poisons her
13. As Jack is ready to leave Room 217, what happens?
(a) He smells lavender soap and hears a metallic sound from the bathroom
(b) The door locks before he can get out
(c) He sees blood on the floor
(d) He sees a hedge lion in the doorway
14. What is Jack thinking as he gazes at the wasp nest?
(a) Symbolic of his life's experiences
(b) One of the smallest he has ever seen
(c) The bug bomb might not be effective
(d) Danny will be in danger while playing on the lawn
15. What does Danny say happened to him in Room 217?
(a) He says he fell on the bathroom floor
(b) He says that nothing happened
(c) He says that he was attacked by a dead woman
(d) He says that the shower curtain fell on him
Short Answer Questions
1. What phrase by Ullman echoed in Jack's mind?
2. What thought is Hallorann shining to Danny?
3. What is the outcome of Jack's attack on George Hatfield?
4. What happens as Danny tests his shining on Hallorann?
5. Where does Danny go after he opens the door to Room 217?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)