|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What thought is Hallorann shining to Danny?
(a) Your family is in danger at Overlook
(b) Pretend illness and get out of Overlook today
(c) Sure you don't want to go to Florida doc?
(d) Your father hates you
2. Where do both Danny and Wendy agree to spend the winter?
(a) In Sidewinder
(b) At her mother's
(c) At the Overlook
(d) In Vermont
3. What is student George Hatfield doing when Jack attacks him?
(a) Cheating during the debate team activity
(b) Hurting Danny's arm
(c) Fondling Wendy
(d) Puncturing Jack's VW tires
4. How does Wendy react when she realizes that Jack really didn't hurt Danny?
(a) She doesn't care that she blamed him
(b) She figures he will hurt Danny sooner or later
(c) She tries to pretend that she never accused Jack of hurting Danny
(d) She is remorseful for not giving Jack the benefit of the doubt
5. What does Jack notice when he hears a noise behind him in the topiary?
(a) A rabbit jumps out of the bushes
(b) Wendy is waving to him
(c) The hedge animals are blocking his path
(d) Danny is playing in the snow
6. When Danny shines what is the name of the imaginary person?
7. What is it that scares Danny before his shine ends at the curb?
(a) Tom the drunk
(b) Redrum redrum redrum written on a bathroom mirror
(c) The word divorce
(d) The VW huffing up the street
8. What 3 words does Danny say as Jack is shaking him?
(a) Roque, Stroke, REDRUM
(b) Let Hallorann speak
(c) Stop shaking me
(d) Call the sheriff
9. What does Jack find when he first pulls back the shower curtain in Room 217?
(a) A hedge lion
(d) The dead woman
10. What is the background of some guests of the Overlook that Jack reads in an article he finds in the basement?
(a) They were involved in murder, drug trafficking, tax evasion, prostitution, bootlegging and illegal gambling
(b) They were upstanding political figures
(c) They were the families of heroes who served in the war
(d) They were film stars and entertainers
11. Where does Danny go after he opens the door to Room 217?
(a) To the mirror
(b) Into the bathroom
(c) To the bed
(d) To the mini bar
12. What does Dr. Edmonds say Danny possesses?
(a) Extraordinary human perception
(b) Very good memory
(c) Scattered illusions
(d) Emotional instability
13. What is the last town before Overlook?
(a) Ullman Township
(b) Sidewinder Pass
14. Who does Jack call while Danny waits in the VW?
(a) George Hatfield
(c) Stuart Ullman
(d) Al Shockley
15. How does Jack feel about Danny going into Room 217?
(a) He feels Danny should be punished no matter how scared he is
(b) He feels it is okay if Danny went into the room
(c) Angry that Danny stole the key to the room
(d) He doesn't blame Danny for going into the room
Short Answer Questions
1. What thought arises when Jack ends the telephone call to Ullman?
2. What does Tony do as he stands at the bus stop down the block?
3. Why is Stuart Ullman hiring Jack to be caretaker of the Overlook?
4. What is it that Jack and Al have in common?
5. What does Danny see in the bathroom?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)