|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occurs at the scenic turnout?
(a) Danny realizes REDRUM is at the Overlook
(b) Wendy comments on heavy traffic coming from Overlook
(c) The VW overheats and stalls for hours
(d) Wendy refuses to look at the panorama
2. Why did Danny lock the bathroom door?
(a) To keep Wendy out
(b) He hears voices coming that way
(c) Tony tells him to
(d) He is afraid of the wasps
3. What is roque?
(a) French restaurant in the Overlook lobby
(b) A game similar to croquet
(c) Mexican cheese
(d) French breakfast pastry
4. What does Jack find when he first pulls back the shower curtain in Room 217?
(c) The dead woman
(d) A hedge lion
5. What is the "bad thing" the maid is showing Hallorann?
(a) Room 217
(b) The pool
(c) The lobby
(d) The kitchen
6. What does Jack see in the bathroom of Room 217 the second time he looks?
(a) A woman's shape in the tub
(b) Hallorann's body
(c) A bathtub of blood
(d) Nothing again
7. What is Wendy thinking about the 1926 Overlook elevator?
(a) It is unsafe
(b) It is too small
(c) It is well maintained
(d) It is quaint
8. Where do Wendy and Jack find Danny?
(a) At the top of the stairs with a bruised neck
(b) In the equipment shed
(c) In the basement
(d) In the topiary
9. How does Jack feel about Danny going into Room 217?
(a) He feels Danny should be punished no matter how scared he is
(b) He feels it is okay if Danny went into the room
(c) He doesn't blame Danny for going into the room
(d) Angry that Danny stole the key to the room
10. Why is Jack feeling sympathy for Ullman as he says his goodbyes?
(a) The hotel season is over
(b) Ullman appears exhausted
(c) Ullman's attire is threadbare and shabby
(d) Ullman has no one to travel with him
11. What does Wendy do when she gets to Danny?
(a) She faints at the sight of Danny's neck
(b) She picks him up and runs to the bedroom
(c) She yells at Danny for scaring her
(d) She tells Jack to carry Danny to the bedroom
12. As Danny runs to the door, what does he remember Hallorann told him?
(a) Close his eyes and everything will go away
(b) Nothing in the hotel can harm him
(c) Everything in the hotel is real
(d) Think about something else
13. How much liquor remains in the Colorado Lounge?
(b) Enough to last at least half the winter months
(c) Only 3 bottles
(d) Enough to last until next summer
14. What is the surprise item for Danny when he returns from the store?
(a) Pictures of him with Hallorann
(b) 3 dead wasps
(c) Some new books
(d) A wasp nest
15. What gruesome literary work comes to mind as Danny stands at room 217?
(a) Fitcher's Bird
(b) The Bloody Chamber
(c) How the Devil Married Three Sisters
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Jack and Al have in common?
2. Who does Jack call while Danny waits in the VW?
3. How does Jack respond to Wendy's suggestion Danny get a check-up?
4. What is Halloran's assurance to Danny?
5. What does Jack tell Ullman he intends to do?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)