|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack do when he goes to the Colorado Lounge?
(a) He thinks about how much he loves Wendy
(b) He sits down and cries
(c) He sits on a barstool talking to his father
(d) He starts a conversation with Lloyd, the bartender
2. What is the surprise item for Danny when he returns from the store?
(a) Pictures of him with Hallorann
(b) Some new books
(c) A wasp nest
(d) 3 dead wasps
3. What is student George Hatfield doing when Jack attacks him?
(a) Hurting Danny's arm
(b) Cheating during the debate team activity
(c) Fondling Wendy
(d) Puncturing Jack's VW tires
4. What does Jack do when he sees George in the act of vandalism?
(a) Disarms him and punches him out
(b) Calls campus security
(c) Shouts a vulgarity as George flees the scene
(d) Asks the debate class to witness the events
5. Why is Jack ranting before Danny provides the answer?
(a) The VW fuel pump has failed
(b) Wendy's expensive wristwatch is missing
(c) He cannot locate the trunk labeled
(d) The movers broke at least 6 things
6. As Danny lies awake, what does he imagine about flesh eating plants?
(a) They drag Jack away
(b) They surround Overlook
(c) They surround the VW
(d) They drag him to darkness
7. How does Jack feel about Danny going into Room 217?
(a) He feels Danny should be punished no matter how scared he is
(b) He doesn't blame Danny for going into the room
(c) Angry that Danny stole the key to the room
(d) He feels it is okay if Danny went into the room
8. Why did Danny lock the bathroom door?
(a) He is afraid of the wasps
(b) He hears voices coming that way
(c) To keep Wendy out
(d) Tony tells him to
9. What happens when Jack covers his eyes and then reopens them?
(a) The hedge animals are back in position
(b) Snow has begun to fall
(c) The hedge lion moves closer
(d) Danny falls in the snow
10. What transpires as Wendy is about to mention divorce?
(a) Jack loses his temper
(b) Danny falls and breaks his arm
(c) She is panicky and faints
(d) Jack asks for 1 week postponement
11. What thought is Hallorann shining to Danny?
(a) Your father hates you
(b) Pretend illness and get out of Overlook today
(c) Your family is in danger at Overlook
(d) Sure you don't want to go to Florida doc?
12. What does Wendy do when she gets to Danny?
(a) She tells Jack to carry Danny to the bedroom
(b) She yells at Danny for scaring her
(c) She faints at the sight of Danny's neck
(d) She picks him up and runs to the bedroom
13. How does Al Shockley react to Jack's idea about writing a historical book about the Overlook?
(a) He wants Jack to begin the book right away
(b) He loves the idea
(c) He wants to be mentioned in the book
(d) He is critical of the idea, telling Jack to forget about it
14. What is the time period when the Overlook is built?
(a) After the Civil War, 1868 to 1870
(b) Between 1907 to 1909
(c) During the Great Depression
(d) After World War II, 1946 to 1948
15. What random thought comes to Jack when reading about the costume ball?
(a) He wants to return to Stovington
(b) The red death held sway over all
(c) Wendy's mother should wear a mask
(d) Al Shockley is a true friend
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that scares Danny before his shine ends at the curb?
2. What does Tony do as he stands at the bus stop down the block?
3. What 3 words does Danny say as Jack is shaking him?
4. Where does Danny go after he opens the door to Room 217?
5. What does Jack notice when he hears a noise behind him in the topiary?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)