|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39, On the Stairs | Chapter 40, In the Basement.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jack's father kill his mother?
(a) He suffocates her
(b) He hits her full force in the face and the back of the head, and cracking open her skull
(c) He pushes her down the stairs
(d) He poisons her
2. What old behaviors are Jack doing that has Wendy worried?
(a) Picking his eyebrows, biting his nails, spitting
(b) Laughing, passing out, biting his lip
(c) Contradicting, dancing, biting his nails
(d) Anger, profanity, rage, rubbing his lips, silence
3. What does Hallorann always smell before he shines?
(b) Pine trees
(c) Chicken cooking
4. What is the important responsibility of the caretaker that Ullman reminds Jack of?
(a) Be sure to check the boiler
(b) Repair the roof
(c) Maintain the playground
(d) Keep the pantry stocked
5. What does Danny tell Wendy when she asks him if he talked to Tony?
(a) He tells her that he doesn't want to talk to Tony
(b) He says that the things in the hotel won't let Tony come anymore
(c) He tells her that Tony doesn't want to help
(d) He tells her that Tony isn't real
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wendy assume happened to Danny's neck?
2. What is it that Jack and Al have in common?
3. What is the time period when the Overlook is built?
4. What does Jack say he intentionally did to Danny?
5. Why is Watson lingering in the lobby after staff has departed?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)