|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21, Night Thoughts | Chapter 22, In the Truck.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the background of some guests of the Overlook that Jack reads in an article he finds in the basement?
(a) They were upstanding political figures
(b) They were film stars and entertainers
(c) They were the families of heroes who served in the war
(d) They were involved in murder, drug trafficking, tax evasion, prostitution, bootlegging and illegal gambling
2. Why is Jack feeling sympathy for Ullman as he says his goodbyes?
(a) Ullman has no one to travel with him
(b) The hotel season is over
(c) Ullman's attire is threadbare and shabby
(d) Ullman appears exhausted
3. What thought arises when Jack ends the telephone call to Ullman?
(a) Al Shockley is not a reliable friend
(b) The winter will not be so bad
(c) You lost your temper again, Jack
(d) He needs to find Wendy and Danny and return to Overlook
4. What is Danny doing before bedtime that bothers Wendy?
(a) Mumbling as if conversing with an unseen person
(b) Scattering his books on the floor
(c) Staring blankly out the bedroom window
(d) Reading aloud with a fierce intensity
5. Why is Stuart Ullman hiring Jack to be caretaker of the Overlook?
(a) Because of the influence of Albert Shockley
(b) He knows Jack needs the money
(c) He wants to give Jack a chance
(d) He likes Jack's attitude
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Watson lingering in the lobby after staff has departed?
2. What entire bottle of tablets did Jack chew to stop a hangover?
3. What does Tony do as he stands at the bus stop down the block?
4. How much liquor remains in the Colorado Lounge?
5. What is it that Jack and Al have in common?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)