|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Front Porch | Chapter 14, Up on the Roof.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack do when he sees George in the act of vandalism?
(a) Asks the debate class to witness the events
(b) Calls campus security
(c) Shouts a vulgarity as George flees the scene
(d) Disarms him and punches him out
2. How does Ullman describe the Florida place?
(a) Will be closed forever next year
(b) A smaller version of Overlook
(c) Better furnished than Overlook
(d) A dump
3. What occurs at the scenic turnout?
(a) The VW overheats and stalls for hours
(b) Wendy refuses to look at the panorama
(c) Danny realizes REDRUM is at the Overlook
(d) Wendy comments on heavy traffic coming from Overlook
4. What is Halloran's assurance to Danny?
(a) There are only a few storms each winter
(b) Supplies will last all winter
(c) There is nothing at Overlook that can hurt him
(d) He will have lots to do in the winter
5. When Danny shines what is the name of the imaginary person?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as Danny tests his shining on Hallorann?
2. Watson explains every hotel has its scandals. What is Overlook's?
3. What is the outcome of Jack's attack on George Hatfield?
4. Why is Watson lingering in the lobby after staff has departed?
5. What is it that scares Danny before his shine ends at the curb?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)