|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Front Porch | Chapter 14, Up on the Roof.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the time period when the Overlook is built?
(a) After the Civil War, 1868 to 1870
(b) Between 1907 to 1909
(c) After World War II, 1946 to 1948
(d) During the Great Depression
2. Watson explains every hotel has its scandals. What is Overlook's?
(a) Criminals often operate here for months because of the seclusion
(b) Illegal workers often hide here for weeks
(c) The rich woman overdoses when the 17 year old
(d) Non-payment of taxes for years
3. How does Danny feel while he sits with his parents in the Overlook lobby?
(c) Too tired for people watching
4. What is Wendy thinking about the 1926 Overlook elevator?
(a) It is quaint
(b) It is too small
(c) It is unsafe
(d) It is well maintained
5. Why is Jack ranting before Danny provides the answer?
(a) The VW fuel pump has failed
(b) Wendy's expensive wristwatch is missing
(c) The movers broke at least 6 things
(d) He cannot locate the trunk labeled
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hallorann always smell before he shines?
2. How much liquor remains in the Colorado Lounge?
3. What is roque?
4. Why is Stuart Ullman hiring Jack to be caretaker of the Overlook?
5. What is it that scares Danny before his shine ends at the curb?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)