|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13, The Front Porch | Chapter 14, Up on the Roof.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack do when he sees George in the act of vandalism?
(a) Asks the debate class to witness the events
(b) Disarms him and punches him out
(c) Calls campus security
(d) Shouts a vulgarity as George flees the scene
2. What is Wendy resigned to accept?
(a) Jack and Al will remain drunkards
(b) Danny has an unbreakable bond with Jack
(c) The family will always struggle and never get ahead
(d) Her restless nights will last the remainder of her lifetime
3. What is Halloran's assurance to Danny?
(a) He will have lots to do in the winter
(b) There are only a few storms each winter
(c) Supplies will last all winter
(d) There is nothing at Overlook that can hurt him
4. What is Jack thinking as he gazes at the wasp nest?
(a) One of the smallest he has ever seen
(b) Danny will be in danger while playing on the lawn
(c) Symbolic of his life's experiences
(d) The bug bomb might not be effective
5. What is student George Hatfield doing when Jack attacks him?
(a) Puncturing Jack's VW tires
(b) Fondling Wendy
(c) Hurting Danny's arm
(d) Cheating during the debate team activity
Short Answer Questions
1. How much liquor remains in the Colorado Lounge?
2. Watson explains every hotel has its scandals. What is Overlook's?
3. What happens as Danny tests his shining on Hallorann?
4. Why is Jack mocking George?
5. How does Danny feel while he sits with his parents in the Overlook lobby?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)