|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Checking It Out | Chapter 10, Hallorann.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase by Ullman echoed in Jack's mind?
(a) You lost your temper
(b) Winter is wonderful at Overlook
(c) You will not regret it
(d) The winter silence is soothing
2. Why is Mrs. Brent causing a fuss?
(a) Her second husband has checked out without her
(b) She thinks the bill is overcharged
(c) She is not allowed to pay with her American Express card
(d) The hotel cannot account for some of her jewelry
3. What does Tony do as he stands at the bus stop down the block?
(a) Insanely laughs in to the darkness
(b) Grins and slowly walks toward Danny
(c) Signals Danny to join him
(d) He tells Danny not to go
4. Why is Danny sitting on the curb sulking?
(a) Tom, the drunk man on the third floor scares him
(b) He awaits his father to fix his glider
(c) His dog is missing for over 1 hour
(d) His mother has just screamed and scolded him
5. Who is sitting at the lobby fireplace on the Overlook's closing day?
(a) The sheriff
(b) 3 nuns
(c) Ullman's wife
(d) Sidewinder police
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as Danny stands at the bedroom window at 2 AM?
2. How does Danny feel while he sits with his parents in the Overlook lobby?
3. What is Wendy resigned to accept?
4. What transpires as Wendy is about to mention divorce?
5. Who does Jack call while Danny waits in the VW?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)