|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Checking It Out | Chapter 10, Hallorann.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last town before Overlook?
(a) Sidewinder Pass
(c) Ullman Township
2. What is it that Jack and Al have in common?
(a) Wealthy ancestors
(b) Extramarital affairs
(d) Fondness for VWs
3. What does Wendy sense from the moment Danny is born?
(a) She will have many more children
(b) She will not have another child
(c) Danny is somehow unusual
(d) The family should re-locate to Massachusetts
4. What is roque?
(a) French restaurant in the Overlook lobby
(b) A game similar to croquet
(c) French breakfast pastry
(d) Mexican cheese
5. What is the time period when the Overlook is built?
(a) After World War II, 1946 to 1948
(b) During the Great Depression
(c) After the Civil War, 1868 to 1870
(d) Between 1907 to 1909
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the road from town to Overlook not plowed?
2. What occurs at the scenic turnout?
3. When Danny shines what is the name of the imaginary person?
4. How many guest rooms in the Overlook?
5. What is it that scares Danny before his shine ends at the curb?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)