|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Doctor's Office | Chapter 18, The Scrapbook.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As he ascends the basement stairs, what words of Watson does he recall?
(a) This is one of the world's greatest hotels
(b) Do not poke around in the basement
(c) Every big hotel has got a ghost
(d) The guest lists hide many secrets
2. Why is Jack mocking George?
(a) Because George's father is wealthy
(b) Because George is a wimp
(c) Because George stutters
(d) Because George is dense
3. Watson explains every hotel has its scandals. What is Overlook's?
(a) Non-payment of taxes for years
(b) Criminals often operate here for months because of the seclusion
(c) The rich woman overdoses when the 17 year old
(d) Illegal workers often hide here for weeks
4. What is the important responsibility of the caretaker that Ullman reminds Jack of?
(a) Keep the pantry stocked
(b) Be sure to check the boiler
(c) Maintain the playground
(d) Repair the roof
5. What is the background of some guests of the Overlook that Jack reads in an article he finds in the basement?
(a) They were involved in murder, drug trafficking, tax evasion, prostitution, bootlegging and illegal gambling
(b) They were upstanding political figures
(c) They were the families of heroes who served in the war
(d) They were film stars and entertainers
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jack thinking as he gazes at the wasp nest?
2. Why is Jack ranting before Danny provides the answer?
3. What thought is Hallorann shining to Danny?
4. Why is Mrs. Brent causing a fuss?
5. What random thought comes to Jack when reading about the costume ball?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)