|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17, The Doctor's Office | Chapter 18, The Scrapbook.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jack mocking George?
(a) Because George stutters
(b) Because George's father is wealthy
(c) Because George is a wimp
(d) Because George is dense
2. Why is the road from town to Overlook not plowed?
(a) Hotel is closed
(b) Danger of falling rock
(c) The road is too steep
(d) No residences on that road
3. What does Jack do when he sees George in the act of vandalism?
(a) Calls campus security
(b) Asks the debate class to witness the events
(c) Shouts a vulgarity as George flees the scene
(d) Disarms him and punches him out
4. How does Danny feel while he sits with his parents in the Overlook lobby?
(d) Too tired for people watching
5. What is the background of some guests of the Overlook that Jack reads in an article he finds in the basement?
(a) They were involved in murder, drug trafficking, tax evasion, prostitution, bootlegging and illegal gambling
(b) They were film stars and entertainers
(c) They were the families of heroes who served in the war
(d) They were upstanding political figures
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tony do as he stands at the bus stop down the block?
2. What does Dr. Edmonds say Danny possesses?
3. Why is Jack feeling sympathy for Ullman as he says his goodbyes?
4. What occurs at the scenic turnout?
5. What random thought comes to Jack when reading about the costume ball?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)