1) Discuss how Jack Torrance's character changes from the beginning of the novel to the end.
2) How does his attitude change toward his family?
3) How does his attitude toward his fathering techniques change?
4) What are the differences in his attitude toward the way his father treated his mother differ from the beginning to the end of the novel?
1) Summarize how Stephen King uses local color and imagery to describe the Overlook hotel.
2) Cite descriptive examples of rooms, décor, landscaping, the view, and the weather.
3) Does the imagery King uses depict a clear and accurate picture of the Overlook and surrounding landscape?
1) Evaluate the relationship between Danny and his mother, Wendy.
2) How does Jack affect their relationship with one another?
3) What is it that causes Wendy to worry so much about Danny?
4) Give examples from the story of how they interact with one another.
1) Analyze the changes in Danny...
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)