|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Jane done for Simemrson which gives her knowledge of the recruiting scheme?
(a) Keep his books.
(b) Write messages to Girdwood.
(c) Meet with Fenner.
(d) Spy on Foulness Camp.
2. Where do Sharpe and Harper return?
(a) To their respective homes.
(b) To their 1st battalion.
3. What will happen to the officers and men of the second battlalion?
(a) They will all receive one pay grade promotion.
(b) They will be discharged from service.
(c) They will join the first battalion.
(d) They will train at Chelmsford.
4. Where does Sharpe believe there must be proof?
(a) Foulness Camp.
(b) Fenner's office.
(c) Simmerson's estate.
(d) In Girdwood's papers.
5. With whom does Lawford make a deal?
(c) Prince Reagent.
6. How does Anne feel towards Fenner?
(a) Is ambiguous about him.
(b) Hates him.
(c) Loves him.
(d) Likes him.
7. How does Fenner feel about Simmerson's action with the account books?
(b) He doesn't know about it.
8. What do Fenner and Simmerson decide about Sharpe and stopping him?
(a) They will frame him for murder.
(b) They need to make him resign.
(c) He is too public to attempt assassination.
(d) He needs to be killed.
9. What does Anne want for her son?
(a) To have an heir.
(b) To be established in society.
(c) To marry a duchess.
(d) To enter the military as an officer.
10. What does Sharpe see Girdwood do at Simmerson's estate?
(a) Open a safe.
(b) Kill Simmerson.
(c) Pack up some pistols and books.
(d) Rape Jane.
11. What does Anne hope for Fenner?
(b) To be killed, hopefully soon.
(c) Great riches.
(d) To marry her.
12. What does Anne tell Sharpe she will do about Fenner?
(a) She will spy on him.
(b) She will go through his desk.
(c) To have him assassinated.
(d) She will take the situation forward if he has proof.
13. What does Sharpe do as the men march?
(a) Writes letters to the Prince.
(b) Thinks about his relationship with Jane.
(c) Watches for any drop outs.
(d) Formulates a plan of action.
14. What is the first action Sharpe takes upon assuming command at Foulness?
(a) Promotes Weller.
(b) Kills Girdwood.
(c) Arrests Lynch.
(d) Reorganizes the command structure.
15. What is the first action of the first battalion after Sharpe returns?
(a) They assault a strong French position.
(b) They build a bridge on the Thames River.
(c) They march to their next assignment.
(d) They have a recruitment party.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what country does the second battalion travel?
2. What does Girdwood attempt to do at the first battalion's camp?
3. What does Sharpe think Girdwood will do under the new circumstances?
4. Why is Sharpe going to march the men to the location in Question #148?
5. What does Sharpe give Jane?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)