|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lawford want for Sharpe?
(a) Promotion and a new command.
(b) Quiet retirement.
2. What is the first action Sharpe takes upon assuming command at Foulness?
(a) Arrests Lynch.
(b) Promotes Weller.
(c) Kills Girdwood.
(d) Reorganizes the command structure.
3. What has Simmerson done to Jane as far as her marrying?
(a) Won't let her marry.
(b) Plans to marry her himself.
(c) Forcibly engaged her to Gridwood.
(d) Has set her up with Fenner.
4. How does Fenner use Anne?
(a) As a hostess at his estate.
(b) As a sexual pawn and spy.
(c) As an introduction to society.
(d) As a bookkeeper.
5. Why does Lawford feel an obligation to Sharpe?
(a) Sharpe once did a rather odious task for Lawford.
(b) Lawford's father is now married to Sharpe's mother.
(c) Sharpe once saves his life.
(d) Lawford is married to Sharpe's sister.
6. Where do Sharpe and Harper return?
(a) To their 1st battalion.
(c) To their respective homes.
7. What do Anne and Sharpe do after she tells him about Lawford?
(a) Go to confront Fenner.
(b) Go to confront Lawford.
(c) Go to warn Harper.
(d) Have sex.
8. What does Anne tell Sharpe she will do about Fenner?
(a) She will take the situation forward if he has proof.
(b) She will go through his desk.
(c) To have him assassinated.
(d) She will spy on him.
9. What about Sharpe enables him to be successful in his plans at Foulness?
(a) Harper's seven barrel gun.
(b) His rank.
(c) His charisma.
(d) His experience.
10. How does Jane feel about Simmerson's corruption?
(a) She disapproves.
(b) She thinks it is smart.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She thinks it's exciting.
11. What does Havercamp confess to Sharpe?
(a) He sent too many unfit recruits overseas.
(b) He lied to the recruits.
(c) He and the other officers divided the enlisted pay.
(d) He didn't know he was doing anything wrong.
12. What does Fenner receive besides his books from the negotiations?
(a) He retains his job.
(b) He gets all the money he has already made.
(c) He will not be charge with treason.
(d) He will take over command of the second battalion.
13. What color are the books that have accounting in them for the recruiting scheme?
14. What does Fenner do about Sharpe's arrest because of Anne's action?
(a) Asks Anne to marry him.
(b) Send the court officials away.
(c) Kills Anne.
(d) Leaves town.
15. What does Sharpe and his group do when they go to Foulness?
(a) Slip into Simmerson's estate.
(b) Take command.
(c) Kill Girdwood.
(d) Kill Havercamp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the first battalion's victory do for the English?
2. At what is Sharpe unsuccessful?
3. What is the first action of the first battalion after Sharpe returns?
4. What do the men know about the military?
5. What does Anne want for her son?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)