|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of proof does Sharpe find against Girdwood?
(a) A letter from Simmerson.
(c) A memo from Fenner.
(d) An accounts receivable ledger.
2. What do Jane and Sharpe do when they encounter each other at Simmerson's estate?
(a) Decide to get married.
(b) Plan a meeting.
(c) Plan to run away.
(d) Kill Girdwood.
3. What does Anne do when Sharpe is being arrested?
(a) Shoots Fenner.
(b) Runs away.
(d) Talks to the Prince of Wales.
4. What will happen to the officers and men of the second battlalion?
(a) They will all receive one pay grade promotion.
(b) They will be discharged from service.
(c) They will join the first battalion.
(d) They will train at Chelmsford.
5. Why is Sharpe going to march the men to the location in Question #148?
(a) They need the exercise.
(b) To teach the men how to march in unison.
(c) To get the men away from Simmerson.
(d) It is the proper training location.
6. What does Havercamp confess to Sharpe?
(a) He and the other officers divided the enlisted pay.
(b) He sent too many unfit recruits overseas.
(c) He didn't know he was doing anything wrong.
(d) He lied to the recruits.
7. In Chapter 18, what does Simmerson do with the two account books?
(a) Erases them.
(b) Burns them.
(c) Gives them to Jane to take to London.
(d) Takes them to Fenner.
8. How does Anne feel towards Fenner?
(a) Likes him.
(b) Is ambiguous about him.
(c) Loves him.
(d) Hates him.
9. How much time does the negotiations between Anne and Fenner take?
(a) Two days.
(b) A couple of minutes.
(c) Very little.
(d) Three hours.
10. How does Jane feel about Simmerson's corruption?
(a) She thinks it is smart.
(b) She thinks it's exciting.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) She disapproves.
11. How does Sharpe feel about Simmerson's treatment of Jane?
12. How does Simmerson force Jane to work for him?
(a) She owes him money.
(b) He threatened her family.
(c) He is blackmailing her.
(d) Beats her.
13. What does Sharpe give Jane?
(a) An engagement ring.
(b) His mailing address.
(c) Funds for travel.
(d) The name of a contact in London.
14. What happens with the officers when they realize the men are going to follow Sharpe?
(a) They arrest him.
(b) They obey him.
(c) They quit.
(d) They split the camp into factions.
15. What does Fenner agree to do for Anne?
(a) Give her ten thousand pounds.
(b) Release her from her debts.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Pay for her son's schooling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sharpe do as the men march?
2. To where does Sharpe decide to march the men after getting the camp in order?
3. Why does Havercamp promise loyalty to Sharpe?
4. What does Havercamp say is his take of the recruiting scheme?
5. What does Fenner tell his servant to do with the accounting books?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)