|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sharpe going to march the men to the location in Question #148?
(a) It is the proper training location.
(b) They need the exercise.
(c) To teach the men how to march in unison.
(d) To get the men away from Simmerson.
2. What does Anne tell Sharpe she will do about Fenner?
(a) She will spy on him.
(b) She will take the situation forward if he has proof.
(c) She will go through his desk.
(d) To have him assassinated.
3. What do Sharpe and Harper teach the men as they are marching?
(a) How to eat and walk.
(b) Catching food in the woods.
(c) Field craft and wartime operations.
(d) Shooting a rifle.
4. What does Sharpe request be done with Girdwood?
(a) He must resign from the military.
(b) He loses one pay grade.
(c) He must pay Anne and Jane.
(d) He be sent overseas to the first battalion.
5. How does Fenner feel about Simmerson's action with the account books?
(a) He doesn't know about it.
6. What does Jane recount to Sharpe about herself?
(a) The reason she allows Simmerson to control her.
(b) Her previous bad marriage.
(c) Her hopes for the future.
(d) Her unfortunate life's story.
7. What is being organized in London as Fenner and Simmerson watch?
(a) A coal miner strike.
(b) A large parade demostration.
(c) A protest march.
(d) A rally to back the Prince of Wales.
8. What kind of proof does Sharpe find against Girdwood?
(a) A letter from Simmerson.
(b) An accounts receivable ledger.
(d) A memo from Fenner.
9. What happens with the officers when they realize the men are going to follow Sharpe?
(a) They obey him.
(b) They split the camp into factions.
(c) They quit.
(d) They arrest him.
10. What color are the books that have accounting in them for the recruiting scheme?
11. What does Sharpe tell Lawford?
(b) That Simmerson is engaged in consorting with France.
(c) That Simmerson is doing a great job on training recruits.
(d) All about his experiences at the training island.
12. What has Simmerson done to Jane as far as her marrying?
(a) Plans to marry her himself.
(b) Forcibly engaged her to Gridwood.
(c) Has set her up with Fenner.
(d) Won't let her marry.
13. What calms Fenner?
(a) Anne's assurance that Lawford has a good plan.
(b) Jane's assurance that Lawford has a good plan.
(c) Maggie Joyce's assurance that Lawford has a good plan.
(d) Isabelle's assurance that Lawford has a good plan.
14. Where does Girdwood go when he runs?
(a) To Simmerson's estate.
(b) To his home.
(c) To America.
(d) To London.
15. What does Anne tell Sharpe?
(a) That Fenner plans to have Sharpe exposed as a traitor.
(b) That Fenner is highly impressed by Sharpe.
(c) That Lawford has betrayed him.
(d) That Fenner is out for Harper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Anne and Sharpe do after she tells him about Lawford?
2. How does Simmerson force Jane to work for him?
3. What do Fenner and Simmerson decide about Sharpe and stopping him?
4. What does Sharpe think Girdwood will do under the new circumstances?
5. What does Sharpe do when Girdwood flees?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)