Prologue and Chapter 1
1. What happens just before Sharpe's Regiment opens?
(a) Sharpe is gravely wounded.
(b) A combat encounter between the first battalion of the South Essex Regiment and French forces.
(c) Patrick Harper is gravely wounded.
(d) Napoleon has surrendered.
2. What is the month and year at the opening of Sharpe's Regiment?
(a) June, 1824.
(b) December, 1814.
(c) December, 1824.
(d) June, 1813.
3. Where is the opening set?
(d) Near Brussels.
4. What does Sharpe think of the recent battle?
(a) It gives them a great advantage over the French.
(b) Sharpe express no opinion about it.
(c) It was essential to winning the war against Napoleon.
(d) It is strategically insignificant and tactically pointless.
5. Whose numbers are seriously depleted after the conflict?
(b) South Essex Regiment.
(c) South Hampton Regiment.
(d) The 10th Artillerty Brigade.
6. With whom does Sharpe have a discussion about his regiment?
(a) Lord Cornwallis.
(b) A prisoner named General Lafitte.
(c) Patrick Harper.
(d) Colonel Nairn.
7. Where is the second battalion of Sharpe's regiment?
(a) A thousand leagues north of their position.
(b) Enroute from England.
(c) In Southern France.
(d) In England.
This section contains 4,598 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)