Short Answer Key
Nature | The American Scholar
1. Who is the author of "Selected Writings"?
Ralph Waldo Emerson.
2. In what style is "Selected Writings" written?
All of the answers are correct.
3. In what year was "Nature" published?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the categories Emerson divides the world into?
5. At what college did Emerson give "The American Scholar" as an address?
6. According to Emerson, it is the challenge of American scholars to foster and support the development of truly American ______ and ______.
An Address | The Transcendentalist
1. What is the subject of "An Address"?
2. What credibility did Emerson have to discuss the topic of "An Address"?
He was a preacher.
3. According to "An Address", what subverts the truly moral character of man?
4. How was "The Transcendentalist" originally delivered?
As a lecture....
This section contains 2,245 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)