|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Emancipation in the British West Indies.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are "apologies for gifts," according to Emerson?
(b) Fancy jewelry.
(d) Store-bought gifts.
2. According to Emerson, who "should see that he can live all history in his own person"?
(a) The enlightened individual.
(b) The scholar.
(c) The historian.
(d) The philosopher.
3. What happens when you greatly admire or revere someone?
(a) You resent them.
(b) You raise them to perfection in your mind.
(c) You emulate them.
(d) You become jealous of them.
4. What form does "Emancipation in the British West Indies" take?
(a) A poem.
(b) A brochure.
(c) A tract.
(d) A letter.
5. What direction is character aligned with, according to Emerson?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what is a part of nature, according to "Nature"?
2. What kind of men do the hard work of farming?
3. What do the Magna Carta, American Revolution, and habeas corpus reveal about the English?
4. What did Plato emphasize over the body, according to "Plato, or the Philosopher"?
5. What is the first poem in the collection "Poetry"?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)