|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Spiritual Laws | Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to "Compensation", by what is mankind defined?
2. Where did Emerson deliver "The Lord's Supper" as a sermon?
(a) St. Louis Cathedral.
(b) Westminster Abbey.
(c) Sts. Peter and Paul Cathedral.
(d) The Second Church of Boston.
3. How does Emerson say one should keep a healthy balance on earth, according to "Compensation"?
(a) Repay all debts as soon as possible.
(b) Do not acquire wealth.
(c) Give back to society.
(d) Give back to nature.
4. What is the subject of "An Address"?
5. In what year was "Nature" published?
Short Answer Questions
1. What credibility did Emerson have to discuss the topic of "An Address"?
2. In what style is "Selected Writings" written?
3. According to Emerson, it is the challenge of American scholars to foster and support the development of truly American ______ and ______.
4. What does Emerson link with transcendentalism in "The Transcendentalist"?
5. How does the love between a man and woman usually begin?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)