Nature | The American Scholar
1. Who is the author of "Selected Writings"?
(b) Henry David Thoreau.
(d) Ralph Waldo Emerson.
2. In what style is "Selected Writings" written?
(d) All of the answers are correct.
3. In what year was "Nature" published?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the categories Emerson divides the world into?
5. At what college did Emerson give "The American Scholar" as an address?
(a) New York University.
6. According to Emerson, it is the challenge of American scholars to foster and support the development of truly American ______ and ______.
(a) Language; literature.
(b) Culture; literature.
(c) Thought; culture.
(d) Thought; language.
An Address | The Transcendentalist
7. What is the subject of "An Address"?
8. What credibility did Emerson have to discuss the topic of "An Address"?
(a) He was a college professor.
(b) He was a preacher.
(c) He was a Senator.
(d) He lived in a small cabin in the wilderness most of his life.
This section contains 3,969 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)