|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The invisible man should listen to ___________.
(a) The law.
(b) His true good.
(c) The oracle.
(d) His friends.
2. Who would have prevented Antony from going to Cicero's home, according to Cicero?
(a) Cicero himself.
(b) Julius Caesar.
(d) Gaius Scribonius Curio.
3. According to Cicero, whose ideal is "to live consistently with nature"?
4. What does Cicero argue can be broken in section nine?
5. According to Cicero, what is the most serious crime a man can commit?
(a) To kill an enemy.
(b) To kill a friend.
(c) To kill a tyrant.
(d) To kill a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cicero say a man can balance advantages and rightness?
2. How does Cicero qualify the people endowed with perfect wisdom?
3. Who bore a resemblance to wise men, but were not according to Cicero?
4. What would explain Antony trying to put Cicero at odds with the Senate?
5. According to certain people, what can excuse wrong doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the two sides presented in the sixth section of A Practical Code of Behavior argue about?
2. According to Cicero, how was his consulship compared to Antonius'?
3. What does Cicero argue men should not do in the third section of A Practical Code of Behavior?
4. What is the second type of goodness for the Stoics?
5. What does Cicero say about Antonius' character?
6. To some in section eight of A Practical Code of Behavior, how is it possible to excuse wrongdoing?
7. What does Cicero argue about wrong in the third section of A Practical Code of Behavior?
8. At the end of Attack on an Enemy of Freedom, what does Cicero say he wants for himself and Rome?
9. Who was left in charge of Rome during Caesar's absence, and how did that person fair?
10. According to Cicero in section five of A Practical Code of Behavior, what should the invisible man do?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)