|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Curio's friend after Antony's election as augur?
(a) He was invited to be a senator.
(b) He fled Rome.
(c) He was condemned for the use of violence.
(d) He received money.
2. What should the invisible man do according to Cicero?
(a) Exile himself.
(b) Resist temptation.
(c) Continue to enrich himself.
(d) Forgive himself.
3. What does Cicero say might sometimes be in the advantage of a country?
(a) Electing dishonest officials.
(b) Going to war.
(c) Signing a treaty.
(d) Breaking a treaty.
4. What does one side think of the attitude of the merchant who doesn't tell the other merchants about the food shortage?
5. What does Cicero believe can make society fall apart?
(a) The Stoic influence.
(b) Greek influence.
(c) Barbarian invasion.
(d) Men acting only in their self interest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would have benefited Antony had he visited Cicero's home?
2. In what spirit does Antony take a step to attack Cicero verbally?
3. In the first section of A Practical Code of Behavior, whom does Cicero praise?
4. How does the dishonest man hide his crimes in section five?
5. What does Cicero argue about those who think that doing wrong is to their advantage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cicero say about Antonius' character?
2. What do the two sides presented in the sixth section of A Practical Code of Behavior argue about?
3. At the end of Attack on an Enemy of Freedom, what does Cicero say he wants for himself and Rome?
4. What does Antonius blame on Cicero in an effort to discredit him?
5. According to Cicero, how does Antonius display his corruption?
6. Who was left in charge of Rome during Caesar's absence, and how did that person fair?
7. What does Cicero argue men should not do in the third section of A Practical Code of Behavior?
8. According to Cicero, how was his consulship compared to Antonius'?
9. In the story told in section five of A Practical Code of Behavior, how is the man able to retain his credit while doing wrong?
10. What does Cicero think a man's aim should always be?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)