|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cicero characterize robbery?
(c) Human like.
2. What does Cicero wish philosophy will be to Scipio's son?
(a) Rewarding and profitable.
(b) Fruitful and rewarding.
(c) Annoying and profitable.
(d) Fruitful and annoying.
3. What does Cicero think cannot be done by Antony?
(a) Disparage Cicero in front of the tribune.
(b) Disparage Cicero in front of the senate.
(c) Banish Cicero.
(d) Accuse Cicero of a false crime.
4. According to Cicero, whose ideal is "to live consistently with nature"?
5. According to Cicero, who is the best tragic poet?
(b) Quintus Ennius.
(d) Marcus Pacuvius.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fate did Rome's enemies share over the past twenty years?
2. How does Cicero say a man can balance advantages and rightness?
3. Whom does Cicero call "brave men"?
4. What definition does Cicero give of a sharp practice?
5. According to certain people, what can excuse wrong doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was left in charge of Rome during Caesar's absence, and how did that person fair?
2. How does Cicero accelerate the decline of Caesar, according to Antonius?
3. What does Cicero think a man's aim should always be?
4. What proof does Antonius use against Cicero when he tries to connect him to the murder of Caesar?
5. What do the two sides presented in the sixth section of A Practical Code of Behavior argue about?
6. At the end of Attack on an Enemy of Freedom, what does Cicero say he wants for himself and Rome?
7. What does Cicero argue men should not do in the third section of A Practical Code of Behavior?
8. To some in section eight of A Practical Code of Behavior, how is it possible to excuse wrongdoing?
9. What does Cicero lament at the start of Attack on an Enemy of Freedom?
10. What do the Stoics and the Peripatetics think of the right and the advantage?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)