|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cicero say might sometimes be in the advantage of a country?
(a) Electing dishonest officials.
(b) Signing a treaty.
(c) Going to war.
(d) Breaking a treaty.
2. Who discovered that Ulysses was faking madness?
(a) The barbarians.
3. Whom does Cicero call "brave men"?
(a) Two senators.
(b) Two Deciuses.
(c) Two Gurios.
(d) Two verres.
4. What argument did Anthony use to justify going after Cicero?
(a) Cicero stole from Antony.
(b) Cicero beat Antony in an election.
(c) Cicero married Antony's love interest.
(d) Cicero spoke against Antony at a friend's lawsuit.
5. What would explain Antony trying to put Cicero at odds with the Senate?
(a) He wants to ban Cicero from Rome.
(b) He wants to compete with Cicero as a speaker.
(c) He wants to disband the Senate.
(d) He wants to take Cicero's place in the Senate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who nominated Cicero for the position of augur?
2. What did Ulysses do to avoid military service?
3. What are goodness and right?
4. What does Cicero argue about those who think that doing wrong is to their advantage?
5. Which of Antony's accusations does Cicero find the most serious?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose murder does Antonius accuse Cicero of committing?
2. According to Cicero in section five of A Practical Code of Behavior, what should the invisible man do?
3. In the story told in section five of A Practical Code of Behavior, how is the man able to retain his credit while doing wrong?
4. What does Cicero argue men should not do in the third section of A Practical Code of Behavior?
5. What does Antonius blame on Cicero in an effort to discredit him?
6. According to Cicero, how does Antonius display his corruption?
7. What does Cicero say about Antonius' character?
8. In Attack on an Enemy of Freedom, what excuse does Antonius use to justify his attack on Cicero?
9. What does Cicero lament at the start of Attack on an Enemy of Freedom?
10. What are Antonius' arguments against Cicero, according to Cicero?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)