|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Curio's friend after Antony's election as augur?
(a) He fled Rome.
(b) He was condemned for the use of violence.
(c) He received money.
(d) He was invited to be a senator.
2. In the first section of A Practical Code of Behavior, whom does Cicero praise?
3. How does Cicero say a man can balance advantages and rightness?
(a) By always considering his advantages first.
(b) By always doing the right thing.
(c) By going to the oracle.
(d) By asking Cicero.
4. What would have benefited Antony had he visited Cicero's home?
(a) His orator's skills.
(b) His honesty.
(c) His physical strength.
(d) His reputation and morals.
5. Which of Antony's accusations does Cicero find the most serious?
(a) Cicero started the feud between them.
(b) Antony started the feud between them.
(c) The people of Rome hate Cicero.
(d) The Roman Senate is corrupt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who interprets right as the only good according to Cicero?
2. Who was Hannibal's father?
3. What does Cicero say never advances the interests of an individual?
4. Who bore a resemblance to wise men, but were not according to Cicero?
5. Cicero states that men shouldn't covet __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What would not be blame worthy in the fourth section of A Practical Code of Behavior?
2. What does Antonius blame on Cicero in an effort to discredit him?
3. What do the two sides presented in the sixth section of A Practical Code of Behavior argue about?
4. What does Cicero argue men should not do in the third section of A Practical Code of Behavior?
5. According to Cicero, how was his consulship compared to Antonius'?
6. How does Cicero accelerate the decline of Caesar, according to Antonius?
7. What are Antonius' arguments against Cicero, according to Cicero?
8. According to Cicero in section five of A Practical Code of Behavior, what should the invisible man do?
9. What are the three questions Cicero analyzes in the first section of A Practical Code of Behavior?
10. According to Cicero, how does Antonius display his corruption?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)