|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Cicero in his fourth argument, what position did Verres occupy when he embezzled public money and abandoned his province?
2. With whom does Cicero say Rome could be at war?
(b) The goths.
(c) The barbarians.
3. In what did Verres put his expectation of safety?
(a) His innocence.
(c) The judges.
4. In Cicero's Life and Letters, Selection from his Correspondence, to whom did Cicero write the first letter?
5. Who is Sicily's praetor?
(a) Marcus Caesonius.
(c) Marcus Glabrio.
(d) Lucius Metellus.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Cicero write the second letter?
2. Who requested that Cicero take the case against Verres?
3. How many children does Cicero say he has in his third letter?
4. Whom does Verres think ill of in Cicero's third argument against Verres?
5. According to the twenty-first letter, what is Cicero's reaction to the speech which he heard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Cicero learn from trustworthy sources concerning his candidacy to aedile, according to his eighth argument?
2. What happened in Sicily under Verres' rule?
3. What does Cicero tell Caesar in the twelfth letter?
4. What does the ninth argument tell us about Cicero's opinion of Marcus Metellus?
5. Who is Cicero's contestant in the court in his tenth argument?
6. What did Hortensius tell Verres after his election to consul?
7. What did Cicero tell Pompey in the first letter of Cicero's Life and Letters, Selection from his Correspondence?
8. What concern does Cicero express in his second letter?
9. What is Cicero writing about in the seventh letter?
10. According to Cicero, what is the first thing Verres did when he came back from Sicily?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)