|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what did Verres put his expectation of safety?
(a) The judges.
(b) His innocence.
2. Who hates Verres more than the Roman people in the fifteenth argument?
(a) Cnaeus Tremellius.
(d) The judges.
3. In the fourteenth letter, Cicero claims that ___________ delivered Atticus' previous letter.
4. Marcus Atilius was convicted of ___________.
5. How many chests of money were left at "some senator's house"?
(a) Five chests.
(b) Ten chests.
(c) Eight chests.
(d) Four chests.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what are the Roman tribunals branded?
2. With whom does Cicero say Rome could be at war?
3. Who is Sicily's praetor?
4. Who is the recipient of the fifteenth letter in Cicero's Life and Letters?
5. Why is Cicero trying to persuade Tiro from traveling?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event does Cicero relate to Atticus in letters ten and eleven?
2. What does Cicero complain about in the fourth letter?
3. Who wrote the eighth letter and to whom was it written?
4. What happened in Sicily under Verres' rule?
5. What are the names of Cicero's wife and children?
6. To whom did Cicero send the last letter of Cicero's Life and Letters, Selection from his Correspondence and why?
7. What concern does Cicero express in his second letter?
8. According to Cicero, what does Verres not use to oppose him?
9. According to Cicero in his ninth argument, who tried to interfere with the trial and how?
10. What did Hortensius tell Verres after his election to consul?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)