|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sicily's praetor?
(b) Marcus Glabrio.
(c) Lucius Metellus.
(d) Marcus Caesonius.
2. Who co-wrote the eighth letter with Cicero?
(a) His wife.
(b) His children.
(d) His brother and their sons.
3. In the seventeenth letter, what is Cicero's opinion of Brutus?
(a) He is a fool.
(b) He is ignorant.
(c) He is short.
(d) He is a great man.
4. Who helped Cicero fend off attempts by Verres to tarnish him?
(a) The consul.
(b) His friends.
(c) The Senate.
(d) The police.
5. How does Cicero feel about Gaius' chance for victory against his rival?
(a) He is realistic.
(b) He is pessimistic.
(c) He is in denial.
(d) He is optimistic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Cicero feelings about Pompey's decision to go against Caesar?
2. Where was Cicero going when he wrote the second letter?
3. According to the twenty-first letter, what is Cicero's reaction to the speech which he heard?
4. What will Cicero be after Hortensius is consul?
5. How many men came to Cicero's house according to the eighteenth letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cicero complain about in the fourth letter?
2. According to Cicero in his second argument, what is the relationship like between Cicero and Verres prior to the trial?
3. According to Cicero, what is the first thing Verres did when he came back from Sicily?
4. What did Cicero learn from trustworthy sources concerning his candidacy to aedile, according to his eighth argument?
5. What does the ninth argument tell us about Cicero's opinion of Marcus Metellus?
6. What is Cicero writing about in the seventh letter?
7. What happened in Sicily under Verres' rule?
8. What concern does Cicero express in his second letter?
9. Who wrote the eighth letter and to whom was it written?
10. What did Cicero tell Pompey in the first letter of Cicero's Life and Letters, Selection from his Correspondence?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)