|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Cicero's Life and Letters, Selection from his Correspondence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who co-wrote the eighth letter with Cicero?
(b) His wife.
(c) His children.
(d) His brother and their sons.
2. Whom does Verres think ill of in Cicero's third argument against Verres?
(a) The Senate.
(b) Virtuous men.
(c) The judges.
3. In the eighteenth letter, who came to Cicero's house?
4. What did Sicily's praetor, speaking as the consul, tell Sicilians about Verres?
(a) Verres will be convicted.
(b) Verres is asking for their pardon.
(c) There is no possibility of Verres being convicted.
(d) Verres will flee Italy.
5. Who helped Cicero fend off attempts by Verres to tarnish him?
(a) The consul.
(b) His friends.
(c) The police.
(d) The Senate.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cicero in his fourth argument against Verres, what was the name of the consul Verres betrayed?
2. What happened to Roman citizens under Verres' rule in Sicily?
3. What danger does Cicero foresee despite preparing his case against Verres so well?
4. In Cicero's Life and Letters, Selection from his Correspondence, to whom did Cicero write the first letter?
5. Who hates Verres more than the Roman people in the fifteenth argument?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)