|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Cicero's Life and Letters, Selection from his Correspondence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gaius not do according to Cicero in the twenty-third letter?
(a) Invite Cicero to his house.
(b) Invite Cicero to a banquet.
(c) Invite Cicero to his oath of office.
(d) Invite Cicero to a hunting trip.
2. What post does Cicero say he is being offered in his third letter?
(d) Part of the triumvirate.
3. How long did Cicero spend investigating Verres in Sicily?
(a) 50 days.
(b) 75 days.
(c) 40 days.
(d) 110 days.
4. How much money did Verres embezzled?
(a) 300,000 sesterces.
(b) 400,000,000 sesterces.
(c) 10,000 sesterces.
(d) 400,000 sesterces.
5. Whom does Verres think ill of in Cicero's third argument against Verres?
(b) Virtuous men.
(c) The judges.
(d) The Senate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cicero's wife's name, as noted in his third letter?
2. What are Cicero feelings about Pompey's decision to go against Caesar?
3. In the twentieth letter, Cicero is glad of __________.
4. In the fifteenth letter, how does Cicero qualify the state of the country?
5. How many chests of money were left at "some senator's house"?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)