|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Cicero's Life and Letters, Selection from his Correspondence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many senators have been condemned by the courts since restoring the tribunes?
2. What does Cicero state cannot happen in a court of law?
(a) Conviction of a woman.
(b) Conviction of a wealthy man.
(c) Conviction of an innocent man.
(d) Conviction of a poor man.
3. What are Cicero feelings about Pompey's decision to go against Caesar?
(a) He does not want to take sides.
(b) He wants to be part of the coup.
(c) Pompey is wrong.
(d) Pompey is right.
4. Who wrote the ninth letter?
(d) Cicero's wife.
5. What did Cicero propose to the recipient of the first letter?
(a) To be a senator.
(b) To pay him for counsel.
(c) To be his political ally.
(d) To vote for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Cicero going when he wrote the second letter?
2. In the fourteenth letter, Cicero claims that ___________ delivered Atticus' previous letter.
3. To whom did Cicero write the second letter?
4. According to Cicero in his first point in Attack on Misgovernment, Against Verres I, how does Cicero see the court as being?
5. Whose speech does Cicero go and listen to according to the twenty-first letter?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)