|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Cicero's Life and Letters, Selection from his Correspondence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Caesar invite Cicero in the thirteenth letter?
2. What qualifies Quintus Catulus, according to Cicero?
(a) Sagacity and honor.
(b) Poor judgment and dishonesty.
(c) Sagacity and dishonesty.
(d) Poor judgment and honor.
3. Who hates Verres more than the Roman people in the fifteenth argument?
(a) Cnaeus Tremellius.
(d) The judges.
4. What is the personal connection between Verres and Metellus?
(c) Step brother.
(d) Childhood friend.
5. According to Cicero in his fourth argument against Verres, what was the name of the consul Verres betrayed?
(a) Mark Antony.
(b) Julius Caesar.
(c) Cnaeus Carbo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Verres do with the money embezzled during his third year as Sicilian praetor?
2. What are Cicero feelings about Pompey's decision to go against Caesar?
3. What are the moral standards of Publius Sulpicius, the judge?
4. What is at stake if Lucius refuses to identify himself with the cause of Roman freedom, according to the final letter?
5. Who requested that Cicero take the case against Verres?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)