|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Cicero's Life and Letters, Selection from his Correspondence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Caesar claim to need Cicero?
(a) For Caesar's sake.
(b) For Cicero's sake.
(c) For the empire's sake.
(d) For Pompey's sake.
2. To whom did Cicero send the final letter in Cicero's Life and Letters?
(b) Julius Caesar.
(c) Lucius Munatius Plancus.
3. What virtue does Cicero hope Marcus Glabrio inherited from his father?
(a) Physical strength.
(b) Financial planning.
(c) Resisting audacious men.
(d) Staying sober.
4. With whom does Cicero say Rome could be at war?
(b) The goths.
(c) The barbarians.
5. How much money did Verres embezzled?
(a) 400,000 sesterces.
(b) 10,000 sesterces.
(c) 400,000,000 sesterces.
(d) 300,000 sesterces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cicero promise to the Roman people?
2. Why is Cicero trying to persuade Tiro from traveling?
3. To whom did Cicero write the second letter?
4. In the fourteenth letter, Cicero claims that ___________ delivered Atticus' previous letter.
5. In the fifteenth letter, how does Cicero qualify the state of the country?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)