|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Cicero's Life and Letters, Selection from his Correspondence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom did Cicero send the final letter in Cicero's Life and Letters?
(c) Julius Caesar.
(d) Lucius Munatius Plancus.
2. What did Sicily's praetor, speaking as the consul, tell Sicilians about Verres?
(a) Verres will flee Italy.
(b) There is no possibility of Verres being convicted.
(c) Verres is asking for their pardon.
(d) Verres will be convicted.
3. What does Gaius not do according to Cicero in the twenty-third letter?
(a) Invite Cicero to his house.
(b) Invite Cicero to his oath of office.
(c) Invite Cicero to a hunting trip.
(d) Invite Cicero to a banquet.
4. According to Cicero in his first point in Attack on Misgovernment, Against Verres I, how does Cicero see the court as being?
(a) In disarray.
(b) In good moral standing.
(c) In chaos.
(d) In discredit.
5. How long did Cicero spend investigating Verres in Sicily?
(a) 50 days.
(b) 110 days.
(c) 75 days.
(d) 40 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the twenty-first letter, what is Cicero's reaction to the speech which he heard?
2. Whom is Cicero blaming for his wife's sorrow in his third letter?
3. How many men came to Cicero's house according to the eighteenth letter?
4. Marcus Atilius was convicted of ___________.
5. According to Cicero in his fourth argument against Verres, what was the name of the consul Verres betrayed?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)