|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Cato the Elder on Old Age, On Old Age.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Cicero in his first point in Attack on Misgovernment, Against Verres I, how does Cicero see the court as being?
(a) In chaos.
(b) In disarray.
(c) In discredit.
(d) In good moral standing.
2. What do old people not want to be tickled by according to Cato?
(a) Their need for war.
(b) Their wives.
(c) Their senses.
(d) Their dogs.
3. What examples does Cicero use to illustrate hard moral cases?
(a) Good men stealing from bad or useless men.
(b) Good men stealing from good men.
(c) Bad men stealing from useless men.
(d) Bad men stealing from good men.
4. Who helped Antony be elected as augur?
(c) Quintus Hortensius.
5. Whom does Cicero choose to impersonate?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Scipio praise Cato?
2. What does Cato no longer focus on during parties?
3. What did Sicily's praetor, speaking as the consul, tell Sicilians about Verres?
4. Who rescued the Senate from annihilation according to Cicero?
5. Who nominated Cicero for the position of augur?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)