|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Cato the Elder on Old Age, On Old Age.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose speech does Cicero go and listen to according to the twenty-first letter?
2. Who discovered that Ulysses was faking madness?
(d) The barbarians.
3. According to Cicero in Attack on an Enemy of Freedom, The Second Philippic against Antony, what did Rome's enemies have in common?
(a) They were all Romans.
(b) They were old men.
(c) They were all senators.
(d) They made an enemy of Cicero as well.
4. What philosophy does Panaetius follow?
5. In the fourteenth letter, Cicero claims that ___________ delivered Atticus' previous letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the eighteenth letter, who came to Cicero's house?
2. Who interprets right as the only good according to Cicero?
3. Why does Cato believe that old people should not fear death more than young people?
4. What does Cicero say might sometimes be in the advantage of a country?
5. What level does the duty of becoming wiser and better occupy, according to Cicero's arguments?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)