|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Cato the Elder on Old Age, On Old Age.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the recipient of the fifteenth letter in Cicero's Life and Letters?
(a) Marcus Terentius Varro.
2. Whom does Verres think ill of in Cicero's third argument against Verres?
(b) Virtuous men.
(c) The Senate.
(d) The judges.
3. What will Cicero be after Hortensius is consul?
(a) An aedile.
(b) In exile.
(c) A praetor.
(d) Sicily's consul.
4. What type of greed do old men lose according to Cato?
(a) Political power.
5. What favor did Cicero acknowledge Antony did for him?
(a) Antony helped him get elected.
(b) Antony loaned him money.
(c) Antony got him out of jail.
(d) Antony didn't kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cato say is pointless in section two of On Old Age?
2. In what did Verres put his expectation of safety?
3. Cicero states that men shouldn't covet __________.
4. Who co-wrote the eighth letter with Cicero?
5. What is the personal connection between Verres and Metellus?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)