|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, A Practical Code of Behavior, On Duties, III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What differentiated Antony from Cicero's past enemies?
(a) Cicero was younger than Antony.
(b) Cicero and Antony physically fought.
(c) Cicero took the initiative against Antony instead of Antony going after Cicero.
(d) Antony took the initiative against Cicero instead of Cicero going after Antony.
2. What examples does Cicero use to illustrate hard moral cases?
(a) Bad men stealing from useless men.
(b) Good men stealing from good men.
(c) Good men stealing from bad or useless men.
(d) Bad men stealing from good men.
3. What is Cicero nervous about in his seventh letter?
(a) The new Triumvirate.
(b) The provincial Governorship appointee.
(c) The war.
(d) Julius Caesar.
4. According to Cicero, toward whom is his work targeted?
(a) Cicero's supporters.
(b) The Senate.
(c) Antony's supporters.
(d) Those who can't see that goodness and rightness are synonymous.
5. Whose speech does Cicero go and listen to according to the twenty-first letter?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what spirit does Antony take a step to attack Cicero verbally?
2. What was Publius Clodius' main quality?
3. In the first section of A Practical Code of Behavior, whom does Cicero praise?
4. What did Cicero propose to the recipient of the first letter?
5. What consul, in particular, is Cicero happy with according to the twenty-third letter?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)