|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, A Practical Code of Behavior, On Duties, III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Cicero, what would be the wrong thing for a merchant to do if there was knowledge of a food shortage?
(a) Give away food.
(b) Leave the market.
(c) Lower his prices.
(d) Increase his prices.
2. According to Cicero, what is the most serious crime a man can commit?
(a) To kill an enemy.
(b) To kill a friend.
(c) To kill a tyrant.
(d) To kill a woman.
3. What would have benefited Antony had he visited Cicero's home?
(a) His orator's skills.
(b) His reputation and morals.
(c) His honesty.
(d) His physical strength.
4. Who discovered that Ulysses was faking madness?
(c) The barbarians.
5. Whose speech does Cicero go and listen to according to the twenty-first letter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cicero say might sometimes be in the advantage of a country?
2. What fate did Rome's enemies share over the past twenty years?
3. What level does the duty of becoming wiser and better occupy, according to Cicero's arguments?
4. Cicero argues that ___________ is unnatural.
5. What does Gaius not do according to Cicero in the twenty-third letter?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)