|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, A Practical Code of Behavior, On Duties, III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the fifteenth letter, how does Cicero qualify the state of the country?
(a) In chaos.
(b) In trouble.
(d) In revolt.
2. To whom did Cicero send the third letter?
(c) His wife.
3. In the seventeenth letter, what is Cicero's opinion of Brutus?
(a) He is a fool.
(b) He is short.
(c) He is ignorant.
(d) He is a great man.
4. In the second section of A Practical Code of Behavior, who can see how goodness and rightness are related?
(a) People with low intelligence.
(c) People with perfect wisdom.
(d) People with flowed logic.
5. Cicero argues that ___________ is unnatural.
(c) Doing right.
(d) Doing wrong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cicero believe can make society fall apart?
2. According to Cicero, whose ideal is "to live consistently with nature"?
3. Whom does Cicero call "brave men"?
4. In the second section of A Practical Code of Behavior, what does Cicero argue cannot be weighed against advantage?
5. Whom is Cicero blaming for his wife's sorrow in his third letter?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)