|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, A Practical Code of Behavior, On Duties, III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the ninth letter?
(b) Cicero's wife.
2. How does Cicero characterize robbery?
(a) Human like.
3. What is the main topic of the sixteenth letter?
(a) Cicero's daughter's election.
(b) Cicero's daughter's birth.
(c) Cicero's daughter's death.
(d) Cicero's daughter's wedding.
4. What did Ulysses do to avoid military service?
(a) Fled the country.
(c) Stopped the war.
(d) Simulated madness.
5. What examples does Cicero use to illustrate hard moral cases?
(a) Good men stealing from bad or useless men.
(b) Bad men stealing from good men.
(c) Bad men stealing from useless men.
(d) Good men stealing from good men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cicero's wife's name, as noted in his third letter?
2. What does Cicero think cannot be done by Antony?
3. What was Publius Clodius' main quality?
4. Where was Cicero going when he wrote the second letter?
5. Why does Caesar claim to need Cicero?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)