|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Cicero's opinion, what made further conflict inevitable for the Roman people in Chapter 3?
(a) The disbanding of some Roman forces.
(b) The loss of funds for the Roman military.
(c) The disappearance of some Rome forces.
(d) The reduction in funds for the Roman military.
2. When did Cicero say that Catiline should have been killed by the Roman consul?
(a) One day ago.
(b) A long time ago.
(c) Two days ago.
(d) A short time ago.
3. What did Cicero say was the response to Catiline still being alive in Chapter 4?
4. How many galleys did Heracleo sail around the coast to taunt the people?
5. How many speeches were written in total against Verres?
Short Answer Questions
1. What two words did Cicero use to describe Verres in his first speech against him?
2. When was Cicero elected consul of Rome?
3. Cicero told the jurors that the attempt to bribe them should be taken as ______________.
4. Besides being a criminal, what was it about Verres that Cicero thought had to be put down?
5. How did Cicero end his final speech to Verres in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Verres do with a captured pirate captain that angered the people of Sicily?
2. In the beginning of In Verrem I, what was the first reason that Cicero gave to the jurors to convict Verres?
3. How did Cicero respond to the accusation that Catiline should have already been executed in Chapter 4?
4. How did Cicero attack Hortensius at the end of In Verrum I?
5. Which reasons did Cicero give for Catiline to go into exile in Chapter 4?
6. Which other pieces of evidence against Verres did Cicero include in Chapter 1?
7. Why was the senate losing patience with Catiline, and what outraged Cicero at the beginning of In Catilinam I?
8. What points did Cicero make about Verres' treatment of Roman citizens in Sicily?
9. How did Cicero end In Verrum II?
10. What events led to the Catlinarians given by Cicero?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)