|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Phillipic II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Demonstrating Pompey's military knowledge, how did Cicero describe his rise to power?
(a) Neither quick nor dramatic.
(b) Quick and dramatic.
(c) Dramatic, but not quick.
(d) Quick, but not dramatic.
2. What did Cicero indicate that Antonius did when he was younger?
(a) Bankrupted his siblings.
(b) Stole from his father.
(c) Stole from his siblings.
(d) Bankrupted his father.
3. Why did Cicero think the threat of Catiline forming an army against Rome was a possibility?
(a) Catiline had supporters within the Roman army.
(b) Catiline had supporters outside of the city.
(c) Catiline had supporters within the city.
(d) Catiline had supporters inside as well as outside of the city.
4. How many speeches were not actually given by Cicero because Verres had already gone into exile?
5. Which of the following best describes Pompey's military successes at the time Cicero gave his speech?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cicero, what did Antonius do with Caesar's papers?
2. Which of the following was not included in the insults that Cicero used against Antonius in the Second Phillipic?
3. Why did the senate apologize to Cicero after hearing the evidence against Catiline?
4. When did Cicero indicate that Catiline had been planning his death?
5. As Cicero explained, what did Public Lentulus, Catiline's co-conspirator, attempt to do in order to disrupt the regime in Rome?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)