|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Phillipic II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Cicero think the threat of Catiline forming an army against Rome was a possibility?
(a) Catiline had supporters within the city.
(b) Catiline had supporters within the Roman army.
(c) Catiline had supporters outside of the city.
(d) Catiline had supporters inside as well as outside of the city.
2. How did Cicero react to what Caesar had done to the republic during his isolation?
(a) He was ambivalent.
(b) He was horrified.
(c) He was confused.
(d) He was surprised.
3. For which of the following reasons did Cicero encourage Catiline to go into exile at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) To prolong execution.
(b) To help Catiline's reputation.
(c) To harm Cicero's reputation.
(d) To avoid execution.
4. Which one of the following best represents Cicero's description of Caesar's military glory?
5. For how long was Cicero exiled under the dictatorship of Caesar?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time had passed after Caesar's assassination when Cicero returned to Rome to find Antonius attempting to take control?
2. Why did Cicero not consider the group of unruly destitute followers of Catiline to be a threat?
3. Where was Verres a governor when he committed the corrupt actions Cicero spoke against?
4. When did Mithridates acquire the territories he controlled during the time of Cicero's speech in Chapter 3?
5. Cicero told the jurors that the attempt to bribe them should be taken as ______________.
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)