|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Phillipic II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year were the speeches of In Verrem given?
(a) 68 B.C.
(b) 67 B.C.
(c) 70 B.C.
(d) 71 B.C.
2. What did the people fear after Caesar's assassination?
(a) The disbanding of the military.
(b) Attacks from other regions.
(c) A collapsing economy.
(d) Political instability.
3. According to the beginning of Cicero's speech in Chapter 4, what was the senate losing patience with about Catiline?
(a) His incompetence.
(b) His recklessness.
(c) His greed.
(d) His arrogance.
4. Which of the following was part of the decree thanking Cicero for proving Catiline's guilt to the senate?
(a) He had uncovered more criminal plots than anyone else.
(b) He and his allies saved Rome.
(c) He should remain in office indefinitely.
(d) He should be named as the head of the consul.
5. What did Cicero admit about his exile in Pro Marcello?
(a) His productiveness during the isolation.
(b) His loss of patience.
(c) His enjoyment of the silence.
(d) His great grief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cicero indicate that Antonius did when he was younger?
2. How did Catiline respond to Cicero in Chapter 5?
3. Which of the following is another reason that Cicero gave the jurors to convict Verres in Chapter 2?
4. As stated by Cicero in Chapter 5, what is even harder to do than run a country?
5. What office did Cicero have when he made the speech for Pompey in Chapter 3?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)