|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Pro Marcello.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Cicero explained, what did Public Lentulus, Catiline's co-conspirator, attempt to do in order to disrupt the regime in Rome?
(a) Turn the senate against Cicero.
(b) Turn the city against Cicero.
(c) Recruit members of the Roman military.
(d) Stir up a war.
2. Which word did Cicero use to describe Catiline's army in comparison to the Roman army?
3. Which word was used to represent a legal speech in describing Cicero's speeches against Verres?
4. Which of the following consul-elects agreed with Silanus about sentencing the conspirators to death?
5. Which one of the following was not included in the description that Cicero gave for the men that remained loyal to Catiline because of his past?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cicero think about Caesar's proposal of life imprisonment for the conspirators?
2. As Cicero stated in his first speech against Verres, what would a failure to convict cause?
3. What did Cicero admit about his exile in Pro Marcello?
4. Mithridates, the enemy of Rome, was from ______________.
5. Which of the following is another reason that Cicero gave the jurors to convict Verres in Chapter 2?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)