|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Pro Marcello.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ex-consuls agreed with Silanus about giving the death penalty to the conspirators?
2. What inconsistency did Cicero point out about Caesar's position?
(a) Caesar did not request a fair trial for imprisonment.
(b) Caesar had previously voted for the death penalty in a similar case.
(c) Caesar repeatedly misquoted the law he was referring to.
(d) Life imprisonment would be worse than death for the conspirators.
3. What complaint did some have about Cicero that was proven to be false?
(a) Cicero was not being fair to Catiline.
(b) Cicero pushed Catiline into exile.
(c) Cicero fabricated the charges against Catiline.
(d) Cicero's issues with Catiline were personal.
4. What did Cicero use to surround the senate while presenting his evidence against Catiline in Chapter 6?
(a) An armed guard.
(b) The Roman army.
(c) Several senators.
(d) A wall.
5. What type of influence did the senate have when Cicero gave Pro Marcello?
(a) More than when Cicero was consul.
(b) The same as when Cicero was consul.
(c) Virtually none.
(d) Slightly less than when Cicero was consul.
Short Answer Questions
1. For which of the following reasons did Cicero encourage Catiline to go into exile at the end of Chapter 4?
2. What did Cicero assure the Roman people would prevent Pompey from forming a coup at the end of his speech in Chapter 3?
3. How many galleys did Heracleo sail around the coast to taunt the people?
4. How did Cicero explain that the death penalty for the conspirators would not be illegal?
5. How many different types of corrupt groups were there that supported Catiline?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)