|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, In Catilinam III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Cicero accuse Verres of doing with the witnesses of the corrupt trials he ran?
(a) Exiling them.
(b) Killing them.
(c) Erasing their testimonies.
(d) Refusing to allow them to testify.
2. How many speeches were not actually given by Cicero because Verres had already gone into exile?
3. For which of the following reasons did Cicero encourage Catiline to go into exile at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) To avoid execution.
(b) To prolong execution.
(c) To help Catiline's reputation.
(d) To harm Cicero's reputation.
4. What did Cicero use to surround the senate while presenting his evidence against Catiline in Chapter 6?
(a) The Roman army.
(b) An armed guard.
(c) Several senators.
(d) A wall.
5. How did Catiline respond to Cicero in Chapter 5?
(a) He indicated that Cicero was guilty of the same charges.
(b) He claimed that he was guilty.
(c) He accepted the guilt for only some of the charges.
(d) He claimed that he was innocent.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which year did Catiline's coup take place?
2. Why did Verres choose to flee into exile?
3. How many speeches were written in total against Verres?
4. What promise did Cicero make to the citizens of Rome at the end of Chapter 5?
5. What did Cicero promise to the jurors at the end of his first speech against Verres?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)