|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, In Catilinam III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although the crisis was still active when Cicero gave his speech to the Romans in Chapter 6, when did he say it would be over?
(b) He was not sure.
(d) After a long while.
2. Whom did Catiline sit with while listening to Cicero's first speech against him?
(a) His counsel.
(b) Another senator.
(c) No one.
(d) A group of senators.
3. What promise did Cicero make to the citizens of Rome at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) To warn them at the first sign of trouble.
(b) To expose all of the groups that are working against them.
(c) To ensure they remain out of the conflict.
(d) To protect them from the conspirators.
4. How many speeches did Cicero give against Verres at the hearings?
5. Why did Verres choose to flee into exile?
(a) The evidence was too damning.
(b) He became ill.
(c) The jury could not convict him if he was not present.
(d) He thought Cicero would not present his case in his absence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Verres do with the Naval's fleet money?
2. What was Verres' defense strategy?
3. After refusing to behead a pirate captain, what did Verres do, according to Cicero?
4. Which two things did Cicero say the Roman people were eager for in Chapter 3?
5. Which type of reward did Cicero request after preventing a civil war in Chapter 6?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)