|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, In Catilinam III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Cicero feel about the chance to interact with the people of Rome while giving his endorsement speech for Pompey?
(a) He was overwhelmed.
(b) He was surprised.
(c) He was happy.
(d) He was humbled.
2. Why did Cicero think that Verres committed crimes against the citizens of Rome?
(a) Cicero did not say.
3. What did Cicero think should happen to the group of criminals that supported Catiline?
(a) They should be questioned.
(b) They should be killed.
(c) They should be exiled.
(d) They should be imprisoned.
4. When was Cicero elected consul of Rome?
(a) 63 B.C.
(b) 64 B.C .
(c) 61 B.C.
(d) 62 B.C.
5. Which one of the following was assumed to be elected to the consulship and help Verres?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Verres choose to flee into exile?
2. What two words did Cicero use to describe Verres in his first speech against him?
3. Which group of people helped Cicero produce the letters between Catiline and his men that detailed their plans?
4. Along with ruining his perceived military career, what else did Cicero accomplish by repeating Verres' crimes in Chapter 2?
5. How did Verres make it appear as though he built a trireme?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)