|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, In Catilinam III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Cicero say was the response to Catiline still being alive in Chapter 4?
2. How many galleys did Heracleo sail around the coast to taunt the people?
3. How many speeches were written in total against Verres?
4. What did debtors hope would happen by aligning themselves with Catiline?
(a) Their debt would be alleviated, and they would gain power.
(b) They would gain power.
(c) Their debt would be alleviated.
(d) They would gain enough money from Catiline's power to pay their debts.
5. Where did Verres falsely report that he had used his own money to build a trireme?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Cicero end his final speech to Verres in Chapter 2?
2. What two words did Cicero use to describe Verres in his first speech against him?
3. Which two things did Cicero say the Roman people were eager for in Chapter 3?
4. When did Mithridates acquire the territories he controlled during the time of Cicero's speech in Chapter 3?
5. What was the first thing that Cicero did to open his speech for Pompey in Chapter 3?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)