|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, In Catilinam I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mithridates, the enemy of Rome, was from ______________.
2. Which two things did Cicero say the Roman people were eager for in Chapter 3?
(a) Land and renown.
(b) Glory and treasure.
(c) Glory and renown.
(d) Treasure and land.
3. Based on what Cicero said in his speech, how did many people feel about the possibility that Verres could use bribery to cause an acquittal?
(a) They were overestimating it.
(b) They were not worried.
(c) They were worried.
(d) They were underestimating it.
4. According to the beginning of Cicero's speech in Chapter 4, what was the senate losing patience with about Catiline?
(a) His greed.
(b) His incompetence.
(c) His recklessness.
(d) His arrogance.
5. Besides the honor of their ancestors, what else did Cicero say was at stake for the Roman people in the war against Mithridates?
(a) Their pride.
(b) Their reputation.
(c) Their economic interests.
(d) Their political interests.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two words did Cicero use to describe Verres in his first speech against him?
2. How did Verres make it appear as though he was saving the people in his region from slave revolts?
3. Whom did Catiline sit with while listening to Cicero's first speech against him?
4. Tigranes was from ____________.
5. Following his summaries of smaller points, what did Cicero say was enough to convict Verres?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)