|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, In Catilinam I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Mithridates acquire the territories he controlled during the time of Cicero's speech in Chapter 3?
(a) Both before and after his alliance with Rome.
(b) Before his alliance with Rome.
(c) After his alliance with Rome.
(d) During his alliance with Rome.
2. Where did Verres falsely report that he had used his own money to build a trireme?
3. When was the Second Mithridatic War fought?
(a) 83-81 B.C.
(b) 84-82 B.C.
(c) 82-80 B.C.
(d) 81-79 B.C.
4. Which one of the following did Cicero thank for protecting the people against Catiline's treachery?
5. Which of the following best describes Pompey's military successes at the time Cicero gave his speech?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cicero's opening of his first speech against Verres, who despised the jurors?
2. How many galleys did Heracleo sail around the coast to taunt the people?
3. What was the goal of the coup that Catiline attempted?
4. What is the one thing that could have possibly spared Verres?
5. Based on what Cicero said in his speech, how did many people feel about the possibility that Verres could use bribery to cause an acquittal?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)