|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, In Catilinam I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Cicero describe the conflict between Rome and Mithridates?
2. Did Cicero say that the region Verres governed could be restored to its previous state?
(c) Most of it could be restored.
(d) Only parts of it could be restored.
3. How many letters did Cicero write in condemnation against Catiline and his followers?
4. What is the one thing that could have possibly spared Verres?
(a) The length of time he spent in the military.
(b) His military reputation.
(c) The number of times he was wounded in battle.
(d) His donation of several key military weapons.
5. Where was Verres a governor when he committed the corrupt actions Cicero spoke against?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the first hearing against Verres take place?
2. How many speeches were not actually given by Cicero because Verres had already gone into exile?
3. What had happened to the courts, according to Cicero in Chapter 1?
4. When was the Second Mithridatic War fought?
5. What year were the speeches of In Verrem given?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)