|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Pro Marcello.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Following his summaries of smaller points, what did Cicero say was enough to convict Verres?
(a) Common sense.
2. What did Cicero say he would do if he were in Catiline's position?
(a) Offer the people compensation.
(b) Attempt an explanation.
(c) Be imprisoned.
(d) Go into exile.
3. What did Verres apparently do when the people protested his treatment of the pirate captain?
(a) He ignored them.
(b) He gave them an invented excuse.
(c) He attempted to bribe them.
(d) He threatened them.
4. What inconsistency did Cicero point out about Caesar's position?
(a) Caesar had previously voted for the death penalty in a similar case.
(b) Caesar did not request a fair trial for imprisonment.
(c) Caesar repeatedly misquoted the law he was referring to.
(d) Life imprisonment would be worse than death for the conspirators.
5. What did Cicero accuse Verres of doing with the witnesses of the corrupt trials he ran?
(a) Killing them.
(b) Refusing to allow them to testify.
(c) Erasing their testimonies.
(d) Exiling them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cicero assure the Roman people would prevent Pompey from forming a coup at the end of his speech in Chapter 3?
2. How many letters did Cicero write in condemnation against Catiline and his followers?
3. When did Mithridates acquire the territories he controlled during the time of Cicero's speech in Chapter 3?
4. In the Fourth Catilinam, when did Cicero request a decision from the senate about the sentencing of the conspirators?
5. Which one of the following best represents Cicero's description of Caesar's military glory?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)