Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wilhelm's relationship with Roxbury girlfriend end?
2. Wilhelm's girlfriend in Roxbury agrees to marry him outside the Catholic church if this one stipulation occurs:
3. According to Mr. Rappaport, why doesn't he want to go to the cigar store alone?
4. Why can't Wilhelm figure Tamkin out?
5. Why is Wilhelm late in returning to the stock market?
Point of view has such a presence in the book that it is almost another character.
Part 1) What point of view does the narrator use in the book? Why is it significant?
Part 2) How does this point of view affect our perception of Wilhelm as a character? Why?
Part 3) How would the book be different if told from a different point of view?
Throughout the story, the narrator employs metaphor as a literary device to help us better understand the text.
Part 1) Cite a metaphor in the text and how it is used to further that scene, or a character's development.
Part 2) Why does that metaphor help us readers?
Foreshadowing is a literary device that is used quite often in the book.
Part 1) What is foreshadowing?
Part 2) Cite 3 examples of foreshadowing and how they're used in the text.
Part 3) Why is foreshadowing important in this particular story? What effect does it have on us as readers?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)