Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Wilhelm's relationship with Roxbury girlfriend end?
2. Wilhelm's girlfriend in Roxbury agrees to marry him outside the Catholic church if this one stipulation occurs:
3. According to Mr. Rappaport, why doesn't he want to go to the cigar store alone?
4. Why can't Wilhelm figure Tamkin out?
5. Why is Wilhelm late in returning to the stock market?
Essay Topic 1
Point of view has such a presence in the book that it is almost another character.
Part 1) What point of view does the narrator use in the book? Why is it significant?
Part 2) How does this point of view affect our perception of Wilhelm as a character? Why?
Part 3) How would the book be different if told from a different point of view?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the story, the narrator employs metaphor as a literary device to help us better understand the text.
Part 1) Cite a metaphor in the text and how it is used to further that scene, or a character's development.
Part 2) Why does that metaphor help us readers?
Essay Topic 3
The relationship between Dr. Adler and Wilhelm is very complex and volatile.
Part 1) Do you think their relationship changes from the beginning of the book to the end? Why or why not?
Part 2) Wilhelm constantly questions his love for his father. Do you think there is love in this relationship? Why do you think that?
Part 3) Does Wilhelm's relationship with his father help us to better understand Wilhelm's character? Why or why not? Cite specific examples from the text.
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)