|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in Tamkin's room at the hotel, what does Wilhelm notice most about the river?
(a) The current.
(b) How deep it is.
(c) How fast the current is moving.
(d) The smell.
2. According to Tamkin, which two important words begin with M?
(a) Mischief and moreover.
(b) Money and murder.
(c) Mother and machinery.
(d) Mercy and milk-of-human-kindness.
3. When Wilhelm and Tamkin go to the market, what state is Wilhelm in?
4. How much have Wilhelm and Tamkin invested together?
5. The narrator tells us in Chapter 7: "He heard it and sank deeper than sorrow, through torn sobs and cries toward the consummation of his heart's ultimate need." Who is this statement about?
(a) Mr. Perls.
(c) Dr. Adler.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the prices for rye rise, what does Wilhelm want to do?
2. Who says, "...as a salesman you are basically an artist type. the seller is in the visionary sphere of the business function. And then you're an actor, too."
3. How much money does Tamkin invest?
4. At the end of Chapter 6, where does Tamkin look for Wilhelm first?
5. What is the result of Wilhelm's talk with Dr. Adler?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)