|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Wilhelm work as a sales executive?
(a) The Rolex Corporation.
(b) The Lojak Company.
(c) The Rojax Corporation.
(d) The Ajax Coporation.
2. Who says, "And I want nobody on my back. Get off!"
(c) Dr. Adler
3. Although Wilhelm did not graduate from college, he sometimes lies and says he attended which institution?
(a) University of Pennsylvania.
(b) Pennsylvania State University.
(c) Mississippi State University.
(d) Harvard University.
4. According to Wilhelm, who would Dr. Adler like to be rid of?
(a) Wilhelm and his sister.
(b) Wilhelm and Dr. Perls.
(c) Wilhelm and Margaret.
(d) All the guests at the hotel.
5. According to Wilhelm, which magazine featured an article on Dr. Tamkin?
(a) The New Yorker magazine.
(b) Time magazine.
(c) Fortune magazine.
(d) Life magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who thinks, "They adore money! Holy money! Beautiful money!"
2. Why is Margaret happy with the way things are?
3. Where does Dr. Adler think Wilhelm should be living?
4. What two items help Wilhelm to conceal what he's feeling?
5. What is Wilhelm's main reason for moving to Hollywood?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what is the reason that Tamkin cannot invest as much money in the stock market as Wilhelm?
2. What is the importance of this quote in relation to Wilhelm: "Someone had said, and Wilhelm agreed with the saying, that in Los Angeles, all the loose objects in the country were collected, as if America had been tilted and everything that wasn't tightly screwed down had slid into Southern California."?
3. How is Dr. Adler's life story different from Wilhelm's?
4. How does Margaret make Wilhelm feel when she harps on him for money?
5. Why does Wilhelm agree to sign a power of attorney document for Tamkin?
6. How does Wilhelm end up meeting Rubin and Tamkin?
7. In Chapter 3, Wilhelm talks about his apartment in Roxbury. What appealed to him about this apartment?
8. As Wilhelm walks Mr. Rappaport to get cigarettes, what story does he hear?
9. What does Wilhelm hope to receive from Mr. Rappaport in Chapter 5?
10. Describe Wilhelm's relationship with Dr. Adler.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)