|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maurice Venice turn out to be?
(a) A saint.
(b) A good friend to Wilhelm.
(c) A crook.
(d) The best in the business.
2. What does Margaret want Wilhelm to pay for in regard to their sons?
(a) Education insurance policies her mother had taken out on the boys before she died.
(b) Soccer lessons.
(c) Clothes for school.
(d) Private school.
3. What does Dr. Adler feel that Margaret is doing?
(a) He feels she's making unreasonable demands on Wilhelm so he'll come back to her.
(b) He feels that she's reaching out to Wilhelm in a loving way.
(c) He doesn't think about her at all.
(d) He feels she's being perfectly reasonable in her demands.
4. Who cautions Wilhelm against trusting Dr. Tamkin?
(a) Dr. Adler.
(b) Maurice Venice.
(d) Mr. Perls.
5. What product did Wilhelm's company make?
(a) Children's furniture.
(b) Children's watches.
(c) Children's books.
(d) Children's toys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two items help Wilhelm to conceal what he's feeling?
2. What career did Wilhelm's mother encourage him to try?
3. According to Wilhelm, what is the purpose of the lawyers that he and Margaret hired for their divorce?
4. What is the name of Wilhelm's dog?
5. What does Wilhelm's father still call him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tamkin's interesting theory about why Dr. Adler is so difficult with Wilhelm?
2. After he is rejected by Dr. Adler and Margaret in Chapter 7, what does Wilhelm resolve to do with his life?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 4, Wilhelm yells to himself, "Ass! Idiot! Wild boar! Dumb mule! Slave! Lousy, wallowing hippopotamus!" Which character is he talking about? How do you know that?
4. What is Wilhelm's opinion on city life?
5. In Chapter 4, Wilhelm talks about how things would be different with his relationship with his father if he were poor. What would change and why?
6. According to Wilhelm in Chapter 6, why won't Margaret marry again?
7. In Chapter 6, what do we learn about Mr. Rappaport's personal life?
8. Why does Wilhelm agree to sign a power of attorney document for Tamkin?
9. In Chapter 7, what is odd about Wilhelm's sobbing at a funeral?
10. Describe the guests at the Hotel Gloriana.
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)