|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Adler think about Wilhelm and Margaret?
(a) He thinks Wilhelm should move back in.
(b) He thinks Wilhelm and Margaret should renew their vows.
(c) He thinks Wilhelm should stop giving her so much money.
(d) He thinks Wilhelm should kidnap his sons and run away.
2. How do Rubin and Wilhelm know each other?
(a) They met on the street.
(b) They are both staying at the hotel.
(c) A nightly game of gin.
(d) Their fathers are cousins.
3. Who is the only person who believes that Catherine is an artist?
(a) Mr. Perls.
(d) Dr. Adler.
4. What does Dr. Adler feel that Margaret is doing?
(a) He feels she's making unreasonable demands on Wilhelm so he'll come back to her.
(b) He feels she's being perfectly reasonable in her demands.
(c) He doesn't think about her at all.
(d) He feels that she's reaching out to Wilhelm in a loving way.
5. Who thinks, "They adore money! Holy money! Beautiful money!"
(b) Dr. Perls.
(c) The clerk at the front desk.
(d) Dr. Adler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel where Wilhelm and Dr. Adler stay?
2. What was Dr. Adler's former career?
3. What do Dr. Adler and Mr. Perls think of Tamkin?
4. Which character thinks, ""I am an idiot. I have no reserve."
5. Dr. Adler loves to brag about his son's career as a sales executive and corresponding salary. How does he describe his son's salary?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Wilhelm use the car he parks on the street in the city? Where does he go?
2. How is Dr. Adler's life story different from Wilhelm's?
3. Name some of Wilhelm's bad habits that his father cannot stand.
4. What is the one item that Wilhelm tells Dr. Adler he wanted most when he left Margaret and why?
5. How does Wilhelm find himself at a stranger's funeral in Chapter 7?
6. What happens in Chapter 1 when Wilhelm arrives in Los Angeles to start his career as an actor?
7. Describe Wilhelm's first impressions of Maurice Venice, the talent scout who invites Wilhelm to Los Angeles.
8. In Chapter 4, Wilhelm talks about how things would be different with his relationship with his father if he were poor. What would change and why?
9. Instead of using Tamkin's here-and-now exercise, what does Wilhelm close his eyes and hear?
10. In Chapter 4, what is the reason that Tamkin cannot invest as much money in the stock market as Wilhelm?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)