|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Wilhelm not divorced from Margaret?
(a) Margaret will not give him a divorce.
(b) He is trying to reconcile with her.
(c) He does not want a divorce.
(d) They were never married.
2. Which speech impediment is exaggerated whenever Wilhelm speaks with his dad?
(a) His stammer.
(b) He doesn't have any speech impediments.
(c) His lisp.
(d) His slur.
3. Although Wilhelm did not graduate from college, he sometimes lies and says he attended which institution?
(a) Pennsylvania State University.
(b) University of Pennsylvania.
(c) Mississippi State University.
(d) Harvard University.
4. What does Wilhelm do to show Dr. Adler how Margaret treats him?
(a) He pulls out his empty pockets.
(b) He hits himself in the head.
(c) He chokes himself.
(d) He opens up his wallet.
5. Why couldn't Wilhelm marry his girlfriend in Roxbury?
(a) Because she didn't love him.
(b) Because he wasn't divorced.
(c) Because he didn't make enough money.
(d) Because he didn't want anybody on his back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doesn't Dr. Adler understand about Wilhelm?
2. Wilhelm receives a complaint from Margaret about what?
3. Who says, "And I want nobody on my back. Get off!"
4. What does Wilhelm's father still call him?
5. Which of the following is an invention of Dr. Tamkin's?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wilhelm feel about Mr. Rappaport's chicken industry in Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 6, Tamkin also shares the story of his wife. What became of her?
3. What happens in Chapter 7 when Wilhelm goes to see his father in the spa?
4. What is the one item that Wilhelm tells Dr. Adler he wanted most when he left Margaret and why?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 7, Wilhelm returns to the Hotel Gloriana. Where does he go in the hotel and what does he find?
6. In Chapter 4, what is the reason that Tamkin cannot invest as much money in the stock market as Wilhelm?
7. What are Tamkin's "here-and-now" mental exercises and what is their purpose?
8. In Chapter 6, what do we learn about Mr. Rappaport's personal life?
9. As Wilhelm walks Mr. Rappaport to get cigarettes, what story does he hear?
10. Is Dr. Adler respected by the others at the Hotel? How do you know?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)