|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said, "Well, Wilky, here we are under the same roof again, after all these years"?
(b) Dr. Adler.
(d) Mr. Perls.
2. Why was Dr. Adler never around in Wilhelm's childhood?
(a) He was always busy at the hospital or university.
(b) He was with his other family.
(c) He travelled a lot.
(d) He was at the bar.
3. What does Dr. Adler refuse to help Wilhelm with?
4. What does Margaret want Wilhelm to pay for in regard to their sons?
(a) Clothes for school.
(b) Private school.
(c) Soccer lessons.
(d) Education insurance policies her mother had taken out on the boys before she died.
5. Which career does Wilhelm's mother want him to consider instead of acting?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maurice Venice turn out to be?
2. Why is Dr. Adler admired by everyone?
3. Who said the following: "Oh, Father, it's nice of you to give me this medical advice, but steam isn't going to cure what ails me."?
4. What floor of the hotel does Wilhelm live on?
5. What career did Wilhelm have that helped him conceal his troubles?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, Tamkin also shares the story of his wife. What became of her?
2. How does Wilhelm feel about Mr. Rappaport's chicken industry in Chapter 5?
3. In Chapter 4, Tamkin tells Wilhelm, "Facts always are sensational. I'll say that a second time. Facts always! are sensational!" What is his purpose for making that statement?
4. What strikes Wilhelm most about the dead man?
5. How does Margaret make Wilhelm feel when she harps on him for money?
6. As Wilhelm walks Mr. Rappaport to get cigarettes, what story does he hear?
7. Dr. Adler says to Wilhelm, "It doesn't enter your mind that when I die--a year, two years from now--you'll still be here." What does he mean to say and what impression does he give Wilhelm instead?
8. How does Wilhelm end up meeting Rubin and Tamkin?
9. What is Tamkin's interesting theory about why Dr. Adler is so difficult with Wilhelm?
10. What does Wilhelm hope to receive from Mr. Rappaport in Chapter 5?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)