|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Wilhelm have enough money for rent?
(a) Because he's losing it all playing games of gin.
(b) Because he's invested it in the stock market.
(c) Because he's buying clothes that are too expensive.
(d) Because he's spent it on psychology sessions with Dr. Tamkin.
2. Why is Wilhelm not divorced from Margaret?
(a) They were never married.
(b) Margaret will not give him a divorce.
(c) He does not want a divorce.
(d) He is trying to reconcile with her.
3. What product did Wilhelm's company make?
(a) Children's books.
(b) Children's toys.
(c) Children's furniture.
(d) Children's watches.
4. Where does Dr. Adler think Wilhelm should be living?
(a) At home with his sons.
(b) In his old house in Roxbury.
(c) Right where he is - in the hotel.
(d) In his own apartment in the city.
5. When defending his drugs because they give him a boost against certain things, Wilhelm stops just short of what word?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Adler brag that Wilhelm's career is?
2. What is the name of the hotel where Wilhelm and Dr. Adler stay?
3. Does Wilhelm consider himself a good conversationalist?
4. What does Wilhelm whine about during breakfast with Dr. Adler and Mr. Perls?
5. What keeps Wilhelm from letting his father have it?
Short Essay Questions
1. Name some of Wilhelm's bad habits that his father cannot stand.
2. Describe Wilhelm's first impressions of Maurice Venice, the talent scout who invites Wilhelm to Los Angeles.
3. According to Wilhelm in Chapter 6, why won't Margaret marry again?
4. How does Tamkin convince Wilhelm to invest in commodities?
5. In Chapter 6, what do we learn about Mr. Rappaport's personal life?
6. What is the reason Wilhelm gives Mr. Perls in Chapter 2 for not having a job?
7. Why did Wilhelm not marry his girlfriend in Roxbury?
8. What is the one item that Wilhelm tells Dr. Adler he wanted most when he left Margaret and why?
9. Why is Wilhelm's relationship with Margaret complicated at this point in the story?
10. How does Wilhelm find himself at a stranger's funeral in Chapter 7?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)