|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At breakfast, what does Wilhelm take that bothers his father?
(a) He doesn't take anything.
2. Why is Dr. Adler admired by everyone?
(a) Because his son is remarkably successful.
(b) Because of his distinguished career as a diagnostician and lecturer in internal medicine.
(c) Because of his distinguished career as a psychologist.
(d) Because of his distinguished career as an orthodontist.
3. Where did Wilhelm work as a sales executive?
(a) The Ajax Coporation.
(b) The Rolex Corporation.
(c) The Lojak Company.
(d) The Rojax Corporation.
4. How do Rubin and Wilhelm know each other?
(a) Their fathers are cousins.
(b) They met on the street.
(c) A nightly game of gin.
(d) They are both staying at the hotel.
5. What does Dr. Adler think about Wilhelm and Margaret?
(a) He thinks Wilhelm should kidnap his sons and run away.
(b) He thinks Wilhelm should stop giving her so much money.
(c) He thinks Wilhelm and Margaret should renew their vows.
(d) He thinks Wilhelm should move back in.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 3, which character leaves the room first?
2. What does Margaret want Wilhelm to pay for in regard to their sons?
3. Why was Dr. Adler never around in Wilhelm's childhood?
4. According to Wilhelm, which magazine featured an article on Dr. Tamkin?
5. Who thinks, "They adore money! Holy money! Beautiful money!"
Short Essay Questions
1. Wilhelm tells his father that he won't let the Rojax Corporation get away with pushing him out because, "It's a question of morale." What did he mean to say?
2. What are Tamkin's "here-and-now" mental exercises and what is their purpose?
3. How does Wilhelm view himself after speaking with his father?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 2, Wilhelm and Dr. Adler have a conversation about Wilhelm's mother. What do they talk about?
5. According to Wilhelm in Chapter 6, why won't Margaret marry again?
6. Name some of Wilhelm's bad habits that his father cannot stand.
7. In Chapter 3, Wilhelm talks about his apartment in Roxbury. What appealed to him about this apartment?
8. Wilhelm says of Tamkin, "I am on his back--his back." What does he mean by this?
9. In Chapter 4, Wilhelm reveals the real reason he lost his job. What is it?
10. Describe the guests at the Hotel Gloriana.
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)